Neglecting your family friends? Need to catch up faster?

modelmgt
Location: Trailer Towers, or astride JoJo the Magic Circus Elephant.
United States of America

Post Counts

Neglecting your family friends? Need to catch up faster?

Post by modelmgt »

I've found(in Sims 2 at least) that if you've neglected a lot of family friends, there's never enough time in a sim-day for calling and conversing with each friend you're behind with individually. :no:
I don't know if I'm just the last one to figure this out, but I've discovered a faster way to catch up with all of your sim's family friends, if they get behind and need a faster way to get caught up!

I call this trick "Circle of Friends": :hugs:
Spoiler:
Pick a time in-game when your sim is in a good mood all around, and has time to spare, say several hours to an evening in game-time.

Call up the friend in your relationships that has the lowest friend-score, that will still be likely to come over if invited(at about 25 or so).
(anything lower and you just have to have the sim call and talk the friend's ear off when your sim has low social)

Invite that lowest-scoring friend(no less than 25 score) over. While you're waiting for that first sim to show up,(provided they're home) invite over 2 or 3 more. You'll have at least till then before people start arriving.

Get everyone greeted and if they start wandering off to various parts of the house, call one of them over.
If you can, nab one of them immediately by getting your sim to talk/hang out with the one friend.

Once they're hanging out, if you have your sim selected, you can click on each of the other friends and have them join the hang-out party.

If they get up for a bathroom-break, let 'em pee but then call them back to join again.

Watch your sim's needs, and when they get hungry, have them get up and make/serve food for everyone. Provided that it's not getting towards midnight, the needed friends should hang around and have a meal with your sim, giving you even more time with them. You're feeding them; what's not for them to like?

Of course if any one of the friends bails on the hang-out and goes home, you can always invite them back over next time, along with another batch of friends. :-)

EDIT: Relationship score still going up at a crawl? The wanted friends might require something more fun! A water-balloon fight or kicky-bag session can entertain multiple sims and they operate similarly to the hang-out function. Doing a FUN group thing can speed up getting back in that relationship score sweet-spot too!
Let me know if this is helpful, or if any of you have better and faster suggestions, short of cheating for friends. :thup:
Last edited by modelmgt on November 26th, 2017, 3:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Freshnfruity Uglacy II: Rebirth Chapters 1-11: Updated 9-5-2016

Freshnfruity's Livejournal
These Things Just Seem to Happen 1-9:Updated 9-1-22
Fugly Scrapbook & Polls
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Neglecting your family friends? Need to catch up faster?

Post by Lorinsv »

I wish we had a "Like" button :)

In the past I've used scored Outings a lot to make and maintain friendships, but recently I tried the outing "just for fun" option and it worked really well for gathering a group of Sims to socialize with, without the pressure of raising the outing score. I've also read that outings for fun is the way to get Sims to dine out at a restaurant at the same table - haven't tried it myself, but I'm going to, because I have never been able make that happen, even with family members.
Image Image
ISTJ
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

I actually use something similar a lot for when I need to have a sim play "matchmaker" or bring up the relationships of two sims who dislike each other without being furious. Since sims in a hangout circle automatically gain relationship with all the other circle members, this is great for introducing two compatible uncontrollables or patching up those pesky little slapfights.

Though I have a feeling this will reap increased rewards in my BACC, since I can do a session per house in each rotation... Ooh, and since my simself has a venue business I can have this be the basis of an outing on it, and they'll give me stars AND ticket money AND motives and aspiration boosts!

... excuse me, I have townies to fleece.
modelmgt
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by modelmgt »

lol Scribal_Goddess.. Glad I could help out! :-D

I threw an edit in, because sometimes, with some sims hang out is STILL not fast enough. :bullwhip:

Fugly Scrapbook & Polls
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

This really is a good idea! I might use this in the future as well in my BaCC. Thanks for the tip! :)
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

The most effective means I have ever found for building and maintaining multiple friendships is to get all your sims together in a room with couches and mood-boosters, such as the Adventure/Journalism rewards and/or snapdragons. Lock the doors, if necessary, to keep the sims from wandering off, and don't give them anything else to do in the room, except to sit on the couches. They will chat with each other, and everyone will build relationships. Yes, it is boring, but group chat is fast.

And yes, I have literally locked sims into a conversation room before. Sometimes, you just need that friendship count TODAY, if you're gonna get that promotion.

In fact, this was the idea behind "The Hangout," one of my most successful business venues ever. You'll find it in Youngdale. Snapdragons, for the win! But even without mood-boosters, the technique still works. The mood-boosters just keep them going for longer, that's all.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
modelmgt
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by modelmgt »

MichelleCYoung wrote:The most effective means I have ever found for building and maintaining multiple friendships is to get all your sims together in a room with couches and mood-boosters, such as the Adventure/Journalism rewards and/or snapdragons. Lock the doors, if necessary, to keep the sims from wandering off, and don't give them anything else to do in the room, except to sit on the couches. They will chat with each other, and everyone will build relationships. Yes, it is boring, but group chat is fast.

And yes, I have literally locked sims into a conversation room before. Sometimes, you just need that friendship count TODAY, if you're gonna get that promotion.

In fact, this was the idea behind "The Hangout," one of my most successful business venues ever. You'll find it in Youngdale. Snapdragons, for the win! But even without mood-boosters, the technique still works. The mood-boosters just keep them going for longer, that's all.
Good points MichelleCYoung! Although since the sims I'm most concerned with (as far as getting friends) are generally non-wrecking /serious games, IDK how I feel morally about locking them up in a room, even if it IS to make friends. :lol: I have no problem generally with taking the time to get them promoted. Big Fart Pond on the other hand . .I delight in locking them all in a room together, esp. because they're mostly contagious. The only drawback would be that them being inside for so long would probably cool them down enough for their sunburns to vanish. :hmm:
One of my temporary setups in a downtown has the giant gold tiki (career)reward- my sims seem to be at their happiest when they're in that space(combo kitchen, dining, reading, etc. space). Once in awhile I'll stop long enough to watch their mood just creep up :grin: :thup:

Fugly Scrapbook & Polls

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”