Quick Apocalypse Question...

Arily

Quick Apocalypse Question...

Post by Arily »

If your house is robbed, do you have to replace items that were stolen?
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Quick Apocalypse Question...

Post by Lorinsv »

No, you don't.
Image Image
ISTJ
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Quick Apocalypse Question...

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Sometimes, I CHEER when I see a burglar. Like the time I had quads the first generation, and the whole first floor was clogged with cribs. The kids had just grown into children, and I couldn't move the cribs, but when the burglar stole three of them, including the two that were the most inconveniently placed, leaving only the one in the corner, I literally did a happy dance.

On the other hand, if you have stuff you really don't want stolen, and they are one-tile and movable, you can always stick them somewhere inaccessible, such as a fenced-in, covered roof. Locked doors won't necessarily keep out a burglar, but a fence without a gate sure will. So, if you're broke, move the small items before bedtime, and leave out the large ones, or the ones you just hope he'll steal. It's a good way to clear space, or to get rid of old items you want to upgrade.

You can't count on burglars, but you CAN use them to your advantage.

Burglars almost never show up if someone is awake (although I have had it happen twice, in all my playing years), so if you want to avoid burglars, sleep in shifts to dramatically lower your chances. If you want to raise the chance of a burglar taking inconvenient stuff, send everyone to bed, and keep them there as long as possible, especially at night.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”