Apocalypse teen start with a kitten.

muleofthefoxxes

Apocalypse teen start with a kitten.

Post by muleofthefoxxes »

I'm thinking of starting an apocalypse with an orphaned teen and his brand new kitten. He'll have his toddlerhood and childhood to learn skills. Will starting off with a kitten to lift one of the pet restrictions and bring in some income make things too easy? Should the pet be the to lift hopelessness, or should the kid once he reaches adulthood and get's a job be the one? Or should the pet just make it possible for him to adopt other pets?
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Apocalypse teen start with a kitten.

Post by Thaitanic »

I'd say Hopelessness definitely needs to be the human. I'm not 100% sure on the rules for an apocalypse with pets but I say that if you can make it work within the lore of your story, go for it! A teen start with a kitten sounds really interesting and a proper challenge because you have to play for longer, and you have to balance looking after for the pet as well etc., it sounds super interesting. If you publish it, I'd read it :)
call me Thai!
they/them
muleofthefoxxes

It just says that you can't adopt them before hopelessness is lifted. With other restrictions on buying them from community lots or adopting them over the phone. Buuut, I plan on adopting the kitten before the apocalypse starts. As his teening up gift. Also his parents graves will still be on the lot.

I'd kinda like to publish it, but I'm not sure if I'll manage, or even how good it'll be if I do. If I do manage to publish it it'll probably just be a few observation pictures at a time posted on live journal and linked here.
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

That still sounds suuuper cool. What's your livejournal? I'll friend you so i can keep track of it :D
call me Thai!
they/them
muleofthefoxxes

I actually had to go look it up because I forgot. :oops: It's muletothefoxxes though!
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

Thank you omg. I'll send you a request when I'm back on my computer :,)
call me Thai!
they/them
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I'm late to the party, here, but I say go for it!

Following the rules is all well and good, but when it serves the story (and you're not actually in any sort of official competition, such as one hosted on Facebook), then go ahead and pick a few things to tweak. Having a teen start, with childhood used to build skills and make friends, is little different from having a college start, when you think of the skilling/friendship effects, after all. And in exchange for giving up the diploma (and the opportunity for full-time work for the first TWO WEEKS), you get a kitten and two ghosts to haunt the lot. I'd say the disadvantages and advantages balance each other out quite nicely, and still fit well within the whole apocalypse theme.

Can you post a link to it here at boolprop? It sounds like something I'd like to read. In fact, if you update your signature here, with the link, then anyone who reads this thread will see the link, even in your old posts, because the signature updates even old posts, and we won't have to go looking for it, elsewhere.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”