What's going on in your Apocalypse?

Jendra

Re: What's going on in your Apocalypse?

Post by Jendra »

I don't use simselfs, sorry, she's a hobby sim. ^_^. As for drama... as close to elder as he is, and as quick as that wedding was, I don't think there's time for drama there <grin>.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Yeah, I figured as much. Most people ask before using a selfsim, although I have mine posted for anyone to use, as long as they don't turn my selfsim into a creepy pervert. That's MY job.

So, will you be posting your apocalypse, Jendra?
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

I very well might have to actually write this into a story. So Michelle got pregnant and I realized that it didn't matter if she had the days off because Military had been lifted and she could walk to work. So Royce was born and grew into a child with no skills except for some charisma skills and after his first day at school brought home a friend... got into a snowball fight... and got taken by the social worker for being too cold :( . That might very well be the first time I've had one taken.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Yoikes!

What a lot of drama and suffering, and if they manage to get a spare to adulthood, then it will feel absolutely amazing, after all the challenges before.

Good luck!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Wow, Jendra, that's a rough start! :O

I played for the first time in a few weeks again yesterday (still got pain in my hands but the doctor just told me to take painkillers...) and I got my Generation 6 kids through their first semester of college. Only 7 more to go...! Because Music is lifted now, I can turn all the seasons into Fall in the University 'hood, though, and that makes things a WHOLE lot more laid back. I can just let them fill up their grade bar on the first day of the semester and let them run free (while making sure they don't break any restrictions) for the rest of the time.
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

Arg! Michelle is one promotion away from topping culinary. She's coming up on a three day break which would give her enough time to get the skill points she still needs. She's got plenty of days left before she becomes an elder. But Henry isn't going to last four more days... and since she works 2 to 10, nobody is going to be home with Honda once Henry dies! If Royce hadn't been taken, he would have been a teen and it would have been fine, but Honda just turned into a child and he's not going to be a teen in time to stay on his own. I swear this apoc is going to be the death of me.

*Edited to add... Henry died a day earlier than I thought he was going to. So instead of dying on Monday, when Michelle was home, he died Sunday, while she was at work, leaving Honda home alone. He got taken by the social worker! Not quite over yet though, because Michelle got pregnant the night before. So if she can handle a toddler better than Henry did, maybe the apoc is not quite finished.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Wow, talk about Murphy's Law! Good luck to Michelle, hope the third child's a charm, though I hope she has enough lucid days to provide enough care to keep the social worker away, or have you stashed a bunch of leftovers on the roof so the kid can eat on their own? Of course, if Culinary is lifted the kid can live on chips and juice and muffins from the kiddie oven. Keep us posted, Jendra, this is riveting!
Image Image
ISTJ
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

There is stashed very old hot dogs, yes. And no, culinary is not going to get lifted, the baby is going to come before her next day of work. *sigh*
Proteus Mirabilis

Post by Proteus Mirabilis »

Well, after reading some Apocalypse stories I decided to start my own, I'm going for a shot at a Hopeless Apocalypse with the Borg rules for all EPs and I've just finished college succesfully, right now at Level 8 of Nat Science (after 15 days) and I've gotten really lucky with the networking stuff.

(Kind of OT? Not really... Anyhow, I got a large TV from networking and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to proceed from there; I haven't lifted any restrictions so I can't sell it or use it, the rules just say to downsize my inventory or fail the challenge. I've in the meantime placed it in an inaccessible part of the house, I hope someone can help me with that.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Usually people put restricted stuff on a flat roof that's covered by an awning.
Image Image
ISTJ
Proteus Mirabilis

That's what I thought, thanks!

On more exciting news, Asha (my founder) just topped Natural Science in a platinum-inspired triple work shift that will now let me pop out the snapdragon she'd been stuffing in her pants since college. I'm really excited for whatever's next! Natural science was the only lift I had planned, I really have nothing else right now.
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

Congrats on lifting Nat Sci, that snapdragon is going to make things a lot easier.

As for me, Lexus made it to teenhood without being taken by the social worker. She didn't even come close. I mistimed it in a good way this time, and Lexus turned into a toddler while Michelle still had two days left before elderhood, so I only had to make it through one day with an uncontrollable elder and a toddler. Michelle also managed to adopt Kim, and get her a job in Service, though I had to wait until Lexie became a child before Kim could learn any commands. One good thing is that with no one able to make dinner, it made sure I could feed Kim, even managed to get a couple of extra bowls to save for later.

By the time Lexie made it to teen, I had five broken sinks... the noise was driving me nuts, of course, it's a great way to get cleaning skills, since I had them in three different rooms, lots of mopping. I also lost three beds to Kim's claws since no one could tell her to stop scratching while Lexie was at school. One coming of the repo man as well, since no one could pay the bills. Lexie wants to go into Medical, and those cleaning and logic points will be easy to get, mechanical as well.
Proteus Mirabilis

Jendra, it sounds chaotic in your apocalypse, I suppose it's good I'm not playing with the pets restrictions, uncontrollable elders have been the bane of my existence ever since I discovered the ISBI challenge.

I just realized I totally misnamed my character, Asha's another sim I've been playing, Naerys is my apocalypse founder.

Naerys just had baby Aegon, whose job has been to lay on the crib while being snapdragoned and allowing her to max all her skills. Toddlerhood gets to him and all he does is charisma while mommy gets pregnant and looks for a girl to keep the line going for now.+

ETA: Aegon's now a child and I received the girl I wanted to keep the line going, everything would be peachy if it weren't for the fact that Naerys had TRIPLETS, I feel like I'm dead inside... well, it can only get better, I guess.
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

My apoc might be chaos, but at least I don't have triplets!

Lexus is all by her lonesome now, they gave Kim away after she lifted Service and Michelle died a few days after getting her mind back. So another week of Lexie being able to do nothing except meet people, play chess, wait for a pet and clean up the ever there puddle since I still have one sink I haven't let her fix.
Proteus Mirabilis

After migrating my game from a horribly melting Mac bootcamping windows to an actual pc (and the problems windows 8 brings to the table), the triplets Aemon, Daeron and Rhaenys grew up awesomely, looking nothing like their mother. Aegon's lifted Education, Daeron hit an awesome home run in Medical, Aemon got Musical (a bit too late to make Aegon heir) and just in time Rhaenys smacked Military, I kicked everyone but Aemon out and am trying to get me some aliens.

Naerys died shortly after the education lift.
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

I'll update ya'll on the Fords after I finish today, but um... Proteus? How did your kids move out? I don't remember anything about Journalism or Science being lifted, so you couldn't use the newspaper or computer to move them out, or did I miss something?
Proteus Mirabilis

Oh dear... you're correct, that's a major screw-up; the reference list I made forgot to mention that itty bitty thing, I had good luck before that. Time to start over then:pan: !
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

How much have you played since then? Could you just move them back in and family fund away the extra money?
Proteus Mirabilis

A lot has happened, I gave my spares a life full of motherlode and dem babbies, reset their age so they wouldn't crustify and I got QUAD aliens in the Apocalypse lot, I assume I can just reload the save from when I migrated (just before lifting Military) and catch up. I'll be more careful next time.

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”