nicholaplaysthesims
Steam ID: alpha_ddeathclaw
Origin ID: laaputa
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: What's going on in your Apocalypse?

Post by nicholaplaysthesims »

I'm about 4 chapters ahead in gameplay than posting, I'm almost done! One lift to go!!!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Jendra, I agree that Artist is a great first lift! Or at least early. Kids and teens being able to train creativity, as well as all the environment boosting stuff. Environment boosts can give you just that lift you need in order to get the promotion, sometimes. Plus, who doesn't like pretty pictures?

Sounds like you had an interesting time at college. Yeah, when you're not just rushing through, but trying to really accomplish a lot of stuff, it really does become fun, doesn't it?

Those fights, though, are weird.

In my apocalypse, the family is currently on vacation to Twikkii Island, where the kids are enjoying lots and lots and lots of snapdragons. Thank you, Ragnar Rock!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

*cries* She was level 9 in Medical! ACR made her pregnant and the thief came *for the third blooming time!* and stole the car! I couldn't get a new car fixed in time for her to go to work. *cries* My founder is an elder and in that amount of time, the burglar has come three separate times. This is the second time he's stolen the car too! Last time, luckily, they didn't need it, but this time... *cries more* So close to lifting medical. There's no way she has time to lift anything else, although thankfully Sheba has already lifted service, so she can work into elderhood. Ah well, guess I'll have to try *sigh*.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

No military lifted Jendra? I say make her walk. Another reason why I don't have ACR.
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

Nope, only lift is Artist, so no walking off lot for Valerie :(.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Jendra wrote:Congrats Ani-Mei!

I certainly hope my hood isn't glitched, it was a brand new 'hood. Darius graduated in perma-plat, with full skill bars, 25 best friends and about 65,000 simoleans. He's trying to top artist, which would be a whole lot easier without these stupid vacation days! This is his second set of three days in a row off! Still, he should top it before next Tuesday and be able to invite Valerie over. I haven't seen a lot of people using Artist as first lift, but it gives my kids the ability to build mechanical with the activity table, plus the teens the chance to build creativity, which is one of the most difficult ones to build in an apoc, so I decided it was a perfect first lift.
I lifted Artist first in my undocumented Borg AC, and love it as a first lift! Viewing even the cheapest pictures and statues raises Fun quickly, even faster than Red Hands, and as a solo activity can be done whenever needed. I think it's especially helpful for kids who are stuck mostly at the sink washing their hands.
Image Image
ISTJ
nicholaplaysthesims
Steam ID: alpha_ddeathclaw
Origin ID: laaputa
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by nicholaplaysthesims »

Um guys... I JUST COMPLETED MY APOCALYPSE! I'm behind re: chapters but as far as gameplay goes I am done!
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

Congratulations!!! :celebration: :applause: :#1:
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Wooooo, congratulations, Nichola, that's so cool! :D :hug:
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

So, since Sheba lifted Service pet, and Moonshine lifted Showbiz pet, things aren't too bad. Valerie did lose her level 9 Medical job, but got a new job in Adventure and has gotten the 10 body she needs to continue going to work once she turns elder in two days. The problem is that her aspiration is so low green that I don't know how long she'll have to live after she turns elder. She's currently level 6 and only needs 3 or 4 more charisma points. Abigail and Thandi are both growing up well, Abigail is a knowledge teen who wants to top Intelligence, which I don't have a problem with if it comes up, Thandi a child. Both of them got smart milk as toddlers (Darius brought two smart milks back from college) and are learning exceptionally well.

There are two main problems. One is a warning for everyone. Do *not* under any circumstances, allow your founder to learn Tai Chi! Arg! Keeping him from doing that is a pain in the behind. It's all he wants to do! You cancel it once, he'll start up again 10 seconds later. The other problem is that even though Sheba and Moonshine were given away ages ago, playing with them is all anyone wants to do! Everyone except Abigail has at least one want, and often up to three, having to do with the pets. I didn't want to get rid of them either, but we couldn't feed them! *sigh*
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I just finished Chapter 6, and the
Spoiler:
double-twins are off to college!
I finally feel like I can breathe again, and it's going to be fun, once more.

WOOOOTTTT! Yaaay, Nichola! I'm off to read your latest. It's so fun!
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Lol! That's a good warning, Jendra. I'll remember it.
I feel ya on the pets- mine always wanted their pets back. :(

I'm going to be adding one to my BACC- in a new Downtown but I'll be following Phaenoh's rule set. Just to make it a little longer. :)
I don't know who will be my founder yet.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Speaking of Phaenoh's ruleset, I've realised that lifting the three necessities of life is going to take more time than I thought :?

Culinary depends on a peasant male, and their lives are pretty effing horrible. Hopefully Emile Lagorio will lift it, and the next gen could be made into honorary peasants or merchants or something for their assistance of the queendom.
Medical requires 10 cleaning points and the Physiology skill, which I am letting one of the Nobles work on, but I doubt he'll top the career by the time he gets a foot in.
Military... a §300,000 community lot with military items. What am I supposed to fill it with, buyable career rewards? Not to mention the money being short...

Oh and then we have the pet careers. Guess my elders will be senile, children and teens won't be able to have any fun and no one will have a good bed until I've figured out how to charm strays (plus there's a glitch where the option to greet doesn't come up, or it only does so briefly but then disappears).
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Radiochocolate wrote:how to charm strays (plus there's a glitch where the option to greet doesn't come up, or it only does so briefly but then disappears).
I've had that glitch, off and on. I figure that if I try to greet them, then I've jolly well greeted them, and I do a quick testingcheatsenabled, and Make selectable, then immediately unselectable, and turn off the cheats. The pets are then "greeted" and will walk away just before you can adopt them. Just like normal. Sometimes, the greet works, and sometimes, they are "greeted," but either way, I clicked on them, to make it official.

So, in my apocalypse - the double-twins have graduated, and Peaches made the first lift of the generation. Also, SNIFF! There was an upsetting surprise. No spoilers. Let's just say that just because the Music lift means you don't HAVE to have an awning on the roof doesn't mean it's not a great idea to have an awning on the roof. Or, just lock the door to the roof. That works, too. For now. Back at the main house, I'm glad that I left that awning in place. I never liked them, before, but now I'm totally stoked about roof-top awnings. They will be popping up all over the place, from now on, I'm sure.

I'm already planning my next apocalypse, choosing what I'll do differently. Hehehe. I don't know how many years the epic apocalypse will take, but, well, I just added a few months to it, I think. But that's cool. I'm not after medals, just fun!

Edited to add: Only six lifts left to go! I'm uploading Chapter 7, and Chapter 8 will be my last one for Adventure. Unless something goes really horribly wrong.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Just finished Chapter 8 of the Adventure iteration of my Alphabetepic Apocalypse, and Adventure is DONE! WOOT!

Now, for Michelle Simself to face the music.
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

So Valerie topped Adventure. Abigail grew up and the first available job was Intelligence, which was her lifetime want. She went in for her first day... and got fired by chance card :( . She's currently in Music. The day after she grew to adult, Darius died platinum. Two days later, Valerie died green :( . If Abigail had just gotten home an hour earlier or Gerard came over faster, she might have been platinum because she wanted one of her children to get married. Gerard is a coach, which is why he was introduced to Abigail in the first place. Hopefully he'll top that within the next week so we can start the next generation. Thandi is a romance sim with the want to have 20 lovers. Not actually going to happen. She's one day away from turning into an adult.
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

So Abigail got fired from the Music career *too* and the next job up was Entertainer, which she did eventually top. Gerard did top Athletic, and Thandi topped Science the day she became an elder.

Abigail and Gerard had Carrie and the twins Webster and Wolfe. All three are currently teens, while the other three are elders. Carrie wants to be a space pirate (already been lifted so not happening), Webster wants to max all 7 skills (totally happening, and hopefully before he gets bothered by the no college thing) and Wolfe wants to be a Celebrity Chef (which I wouldn't mind at all).

Gen 1 - Darius - Artist
Valerie - Adventure
Moonlight - Showbiz pet
Sheba - Security Pet
Gen 2 - Abigail - Entertainment
- Gerard - Athletic
Thandi - Science
Gen 3 - Carrie - popularity teen
Webster - Knowledge teen
Wolfe - popularity teen
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

Carrie tried a couple of careers before settling on Military. She lifted it fairly quickly and then quit so she could stay home and have babies. Webster went into Medicine and topped it, and the new showers are beloved by everyone ^_^. Wolfe topped Education, which the kids weren't thrilled with, but Marie was, because it allowed her to use the Bookcase. Marie married in as a Drive Thru Clerk, and is now a Restauranteur with all the skills she needs to become a Celebrity Chef once she finally goes back to work (two more days). Webster and Wolfe just moved out because there's a fourth child on the way and not enough room as it is. Kacey, Jace and Jami are all currently children (Jace and Jami being twins) with a last one, Pan, on the way. The Minion family have all had black hair from the beginning, Marie is the first one to marry in that did not have black hair, she had brown. Jace and Jami are redheads. :popeye:

Gen 1 - Darius - Artist
Valerie - Adventure
Moonlight - Showbiz pet
Sheba - Security Pet
Gen 2 - Abigail - Entertainment
- Gerard - Athletic
Thandi - Science
Gen 3 - Carrie - Military
Webster - Medicine
Wolfe - Education
Marie - one away from topping Culinary
Gen 4 - Kacey
Jami
Jace
Pan (not yet born baby)
goeswithoutsinging

Post by goeswithoutsinging »

I'm hoping to eventually actually record my Apocalypse though so far I've only gotten the veeerrry beginning of my founder's college experience written up. Since I'm making up dialogue and such and trying to write everything from an in-universe perspective (as opposed to me yakking about gameplay the way I recorded my asylum challenge) the writing goes slowly. That and I'm lazy.

Gameplay wise tho, my founder's not only graduated but also lifted Law (I'm not worrying too much about ~strategy~ but I did want to get Law out of the way early on so it doesn't prevent me from lifting other stuff) and Hopelessness and married in his spouse, who's probably going to lift Politics since she already had a high level job in the career track. I've temporarily stopped playing after marrying her in though, since I want to finish writing up the college chapter/prologue first.

I'm playing with ALL the restrictions and at the moment it isn't too bad- mostly it's just an issue of my founder not having much to do when he isn't at work. I suspect it'll become more hair-pully once they have kids to worry about tho.

Also I did screw up and miss a chance card while I was having my founder climb up his career ladder, but I refuse to restart the challenge over it. :P Didn't occur to me to do so at the time, but I should probably penalize myself over it somehow- just not sure what would be appropriate. (Remove extra cash from the family? Remove some hobby enthusiasm, since that was a potential consequence of the chance card? Starve my founder to death in the middle of the house? ...I will probably not do that one.)
TB Asylum Challenge - Daily life with the criminally insane. Completed.
River Heights BACC - We have a boot. Ongoing.
Pharith BARKC - Classism and disastrous gardens. Ongoing.

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”