Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: What's going on in your Apocalypse?

Post by Ani-Mei »

Posted a new chapter of mine, and a certain simself makes her cameo in front of my mansion...
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Just getting my 1st chapter of the Adventure iteration of the Alphabetepic Apocalypse ready to post.
Spoiler:
The founder and spouse's lifts are lifted, and the children are all grown into teens. Thank goodness, no more stinky children! Whew! :party2:
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Lol~ I'll drink to that! :party2: :rotfl:
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

My peasants are in a negative spiral :,( The bank accounts are going one step forward, two steps back.

Should not have put 40 % taxes (20 to royal, 20 to noble)
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

I finished my Broke Apocalypse... I only have one more, maybe two chapters to write and it's done. :woot:

And I have played some of the Extremely Broke Adult Start Apocalypse.. it's been a lot harder on them.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

I'm slowly starting to lose my mind. How are you supposed to lift restrictions with them preventing going to work in a good mood?!
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

You can doooo it. :D

I'm thinking about using Malcolm Landgraab as the adult Start Apocalypse.... Why put Dustin through it? It'll be like a turn of fortunes between the two.
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

~ Thanks so much, Everyone! :hugs:
Last edited by Rflong7 on May 26th, 2015, 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Radiochocolate - I know it's hard when their moods are so low. Good luck, and maybe you'll manage it with a few chance cards. I know that when I was just starting out, chance cards were life or death. Well, success or failure, at any rate. There were times when the mood was so bad I expected to get fired, but got a lucky chance card, and got promoted, instead.

Fulfill all possible wants, so you can be platinum, if at all able. I know it can be hard.

Your bills might just be impossible for this challenge. Maybe call a tax-break day, just to get them back on track?

Rflong - I know what you mean about wanting it to be in the right place. At least you got your medal, though.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Radiochocolate wrote:I'm slowly starting to lose my mind. How are you supposed to lift restrictions with them preventing going to work in a good mood?!
I've found that the two key motives for a good mood are Fun and Social. Sending your Sim to work with those two as high as possible really helps a Sim's overall mood/job performance. I would rather have the Sim take an extra day to skill and make the friends required for a promotion and instead send them to work in a decent mood to raise the performance bar that day, so when they do have those requirements in a day or two, the bar will usually be high enough for a promotion.

Red Hands is about the quickest for raising Fun. Before lifting Hopelessness, Relax->Daydream on the bed will raise Social in a pinch.

An Apocalypse takes practice, that's for sure.

EDIT: @Rflong7 - If you want, I could try reporting your post with an explanation and see if that gets their attention. It seems some of the mods here are either AWOL or asleep at the wheel again.
Image Image
ISTJ
Rex
Canada

Post Counts

Post by Rex »

I started one apocalypse, realized I failed the medical lift by having a litter box for the cat, and started a second one. Luckily with that one the two most important lifts (culinary and medical) were what I got from the newspapers instead of frigging journalism and intelligence everyday :lol:

And as for contacting the mods about moving your story, you probably should do it a second time. I had to do it twice for my Legacy.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Started playing an apocalypse, things were running quite smoothly when I just had my founder to take care of. Now he's an uncontrollable elder, and his missus moved in with only one body point, which meant days upon days of stereo work out and stinkiness!

I think I may be getting somewhere now, though. My hat goes off to all you guys who completed an apocalypse - you make it look easy!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

If you have a college start, I highly recommend marrying in the cheerleaders and llama mascots. Even if not to your founder, or another college grad, because they always have 10 body points, even if they're not counted as college grads, themselves. Of course, if a college grad moves them in, then they ARE counted as college grads, so that's really useful.

Cow mascots, on the other hand, have hardly any body skill.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Michelle wrote:Your bills might just be impossible for this challenge. Maybe call a tax-break day, just to get them back on track?
Good idea! I'll let them go without taxes for one rotation and see how it goes. No refunds though.
Lorin wrote:I've found that the two key motives for a good mood are Fun and Social. Sending your Sim to work with those two as high as possible really helps a Sim's overall mood/job performance. Red Hands is about the quickest for raising Fun. Before lifting Hopelessness, Relax->Daydream on the bed will raise Social in a pinch.
THANK YOU! I've noticed the Red Hands helping, but Daydream will really be a rescue.

For clarification: Does the "Entertain pie-menu" refer to Entertain as in Freestyle or Entertain as in Tell Joke?

And boy, is it tough looking out for the autonomous interactions.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

I interpret Entertainment as restricting the "joke" type of entertaining.
Image Image
ISTJ
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

I've interpreted it as No Entertainment Options but I don't know.

Making a Snowman will raise social and fun- but don't do it too long. :)

Digging raises fun a good bit but depletes hygiene.
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Congrats Rex! :D

I've been playing my Apocalypse a lot the past few days and I'm having SO much fun! I'm determined to finish the challenge this summer, and right now that seems totally doable because I'm lifting restrictions left and right. After the last generation 5 spare lifts her restriction (the Music one, preferably - if an opening shows up...) I only have 8 more to go! 9 if you include the pet one, which I think I'll be able to do this generation as well. The end is nearing!
Rex
Canada

Post Counts

Post by Rex »

So because of my screw-up, I'm doing a new apocalypse. Check it out (no text).
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I interpret "Entertain" as being anything that requires you clicking "Entertain" from your interactions with other sims OR on your own sim. So both, really. Which makes it annoying, but that's the challenge, right?

Speaking of challenge, my Alphabetepic challenge is updated today, with Chapter 2. The second generation is grown up, and third generation born.

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”