Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

What's Happening in Your TS2 Legacy? Chat

Post by Teresa »

If you would like to share what is happening in your legacy, this is the place to do it.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: What's Happening in Your TS2 Legacy? Chat

Post by Keika »

Because of my sojourn in no-internet land, I am a chapter or two ahead of where my table of contents says I am. But I can say that I am deep in the middle of raising generation nine, that my elders are still holding on, and that I am mourning the loss of the last toddlers of my legacy. It is freaking me out that I'm so close to the end. O.O
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Keika, aren't those last legacy moments kind of heart-wrenching? It's a weird, bittersweet feeling, and then it feels weird to have those kinds of feelings about sims, and then you're down the rabbit hole. Congrats on approaching the end of your legacy! It's been fantastic to read. :)

I've been playing a family that I haven't published here yet but will soon. Their four kids seem to have really, really strong personalities without me encouraging them one way or another, and I love that. When the oldest two (twins) turned teen, I went ahead and prerolled for the youngest two also, and all four got aspirations that fit exactly with the personalities I have developing in my head for them. I'm very excited to write the chapters! They also have a home venue business, and it has been crazy as usual, but there have been some very funny customers. After the slog of doing 13 kids with the Spices, I am enjoying a relatively smaller, faster family.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Sounds like a great family, Taube! I love it when sims pick their own personalities--makes it easier on us writers! :D

This is something I've noticed in writing my own legacy. It seems to me that the sims themselves CONTROL the dice. I don't know how they do it, but SOMEHOW they do. 100% of the time, my sims have rolled aspirations that exactly fit their personalities. And I don't know how to explain this. Seeing data from your end, with rolling aspirations for your four, I am becoming more and more convinced that something weird is going on here. :shiftyeyes:

Yes, you're right about everything you said about reaching the home stretch of a legacy. It's... weird. Exciting. And really sad. And you mourn every time your last sim of an age stage ages up. and it's weird. >.<
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

Yeah, when your last sim from a generation ages up, it's really weird. Everyone in my legacy is so far ahead of Ariadne - I'll be sending the previous baby of the Elvensong family, Anariel, to college before she ages to child, so it's very important to invite the big brother and sister home from college often so they can have a good relationship with her.

I'm slowly getting the last half of Gen 1 to college (Ariadne excepted) and I have two engagements to announce ahead of my actual chapters. Legacy Heir Achenar Sirrus Elvensong is now engaged to Calanthe Vespertine Elkthorn, and townie side characters Meadow Rose Thayer and Eric James Harrod are now engaged.

I also revamped a lot of landscaping around the Elvensong house... which is totally not where that money was supposed to go, but it's a good thing they have a gardener!
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Taube wrote:Keika, aren't those last legacy moments kind of heart-wrenching? It's a weird, bittersweet feeling, and then it feels weird to have those kinds of feelings about sims, and then you're down the rabbit hole. Congrats on approaching the end of your legacy! It's been fantastic to read. :)

I've been playing a family that I haven't published here yet but will soon. Their four kids seem to have really, really strong personalities without me encouraging them one way or another, and I love that. When the oldest two (twins) turned teen, I went ahead and prerolled for the youngest two also, and all four got aspirations that fit exactly with the personalities I have developing in my head for them. I'm very excited to write the chapters! They also have a home venue business, and it has been crazy as usual, but there have been some very funny customers. After the slog of doing 13 kids with the Spices, I am enjoying a relatively smaller, faster family.
What is so funny about this is Down the Rabbit Hole is the name of my blog. [emoji79]
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Teresa wrote:What is so funny about this is Down the Rabbit Hole is the name of my blog.
Ha ha! So it is! I was trying to capture that feeling of some sim happening making you feel emotions and then feeling weird about it since they're, y'know, sims. I like the name of your blog, needless to say. Fits well with the simming world. :)
Scribal_Goddess wrote:it's very important to invite the big brother and sister home from college often so they can have a good relationship with her.
I like families that all get along so I think it's cool that you're doing that. :)

I have two sims (the oldest twins of the aforementioned family) who keep being more attracted to each other's boyfriend than their own, first as teens and now as young adults. Makes it hard to get them paired off and keep everyone happy, but will make for an amusing story. Their teenage boyfriends were obtained via the well, so it's not surprising that they weren't exact matches, but they are being difficult about who they want to date and who they roll wants for as young adults. Now I have to leave them alone (and miss the start of the public demo handouts) because I'm going on vacation for a week. :? I'm also really excited for their youngest sister to grow up to be a teen because I have plans for her and she gets to finally grow into the personality she's been kind of developing, and I get an excuse to use some really bad Nightlife clothes for amusing effect.
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Taube wrote:
Scribal_Goddess wrote:it's very important to invite the big brother and sister home from college often so they can have a good relationship with her.
I like families that all get along so I think it's cool that you're doing that. :)
Well, that was one of the things starting my legacy - the legacy traditions were supposed to keep the family strong and close-knit. But there are gameplay and plot reasons for it too: she's too young to be heir, so the Heir is going to have to raise their children in the same house as she's growing up in (and it will just go better if they get along,) and for reasons of plot down the line she's going to mean a lot to her oldest sister, who generally prefers kids and teens over toddlers. :D

I'm also doing this legacy in a side neighborhood off Riverblossom Hills, which is supposed to be the type of small town where everyone is in everyone else's business at all times... at least in my game. :)
Str00pw4f3l

Post by Str00pw4f3l »

My fifth generation heir is at college

MY FIFTH GENERATION HEIR IS AT COLLEGE :D

Plus one first circle cousin. I played through their first semester earlier today. This means about half of generation five (those that are currently alive/born in-game anyway... more are still popping up), are now at Uni. Five have already graduated and there are two very distant generation six cousins in the 'hood.

Oh, this legacy is taking faaar too long for one that isn't even being written yet :roll:
ShadowGem

Post by ShadowGem »

Well I haven't done much with it for a while. My Three leading ladies are still in Elementary school but I'm creating a new version of where they live and recreating them. Instead of Lenmana Island (original) they will be living in Lena City (well technically: Lena City, Lenadell, Ichiensuka, Lenmana to be exact although Lena City for short). So rebuilding for the most part. Although I'm not going to make many promises, I've been busy so I haven't really played much at all.
You can call me Chris or Shadow.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Str00pw4f3l wrote:My fifth generation heir is at college

MY FIFTH GENERATION HEIR IS AT COLLEGE :D
Congratulations! That is such a great feeling! How does it feel being at the halfway point? *hands microphone over*

I'm working on pushing my generation nine kids through college now. Since there's five of them, I've been spacing it out a little bit so I don't go insane. ...I am SO glad this is the last stretch of college for the chapter. I don't know how you guys do it, putting the cousins through on top of the main line kids. :banghead:
Pea

Post by Pea »

Keika wrote:I'm working on pushing my generation nine kids through college now. Since there's five of them, I've been spacing it out a little bit so I don't go insane. ...I am SO glad this is the last stretch of college for the chapter. I don't know how you guys do it, putting the cousins through on top of the main line kids.
I have the toughest time just getting my main kids through college too, so I feel ya! :P

Right now, I'm planning my next legacy. I really like the idea of doing specific challenges/themes every generation, so I'll have to find some rules or guidelines that appeal to me. Does anyone know of a good diverse set? It's not like I'm brave enough to post it, but I'd really appreciate it anyways. :)
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Pea wrote:
Keika wrote:I'm working on pushing my generation nine kids through college now. Since there's five of them, I've been spacing it out a little bit so I don't go insane. ...I am SO glad this is the last stretch of college for the chapter. I don't know how you guys do it, putting the cousins through on top of the main line kids.
I have the toughest time just getting my main kids through college too, so I feel ya! :P

Right now, I'm planning my next legacy. I really like the idea of doing specific challenges/themes every generation, so I'll have to find some rules or guidelines that appeal to me. Does anyone know of a good diverse set? It's not like I'm brave enough to post it, but I'd really appreciate it anyways. :)
I don't know many links for you off the top of my head, but I think there was a color themed challenge list of rules and restrictions? I've seen a lot of different combinations out there, such as career hunter matriarchy (matriarchy = heirs must be female, career hunter = every career in your game must be topped by a family member in the main house, sort of like an apoc with no lifts) and there's always some of the Officially Wacky Boolprop Challenge restrictions that you could adopt without doing the whole thing, such as having a bug nut every generation. If we were on the old forum, I'd maybe know where to point you.

I'm actually having lots of fun with college right now, mostly because I'm frantically trying to get Aranel worked up to being big sim on campus! And because I am finally done making Rean date everyone he sees, because his 50 first dates were a real pain. I managed to cap it off after much frantic counting just before Junior year with a dream date with his future husband, thinking I could drop Rean in whatever major corresponded to his new lifetime want... only to find out that his new lifetime want is fifty dream dates! :hissyfit:

After I finished laughing and crying at the same time, I dropped him in Philosophy and slapped a new set of restrictions on him. He goes into whatever the first career in the first paper is when he graduates, and he stays in it no matter what it is unless he gets fired. Knowing his luck, it will be something deeply profitable.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Or he'll end up in Slacker. ;)
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Keika wrote:Or he'll end up in Slacker. ;)
Oh Plumbbob I have too many people in Slacker. Top Slacker was Midina's LTW (get on that, lady, you won't be young forever once your spawn go to college!) it's Aranel's LTW, I have Makir (another Pleasure Sim) slowly grinding through it although in story he's a not-quite starving artist with a day job, and I have at least one Maxis Playable who gets cheated along to match ages as a side character in Slacker. The only thing that comes close to being as bad as Slacker is Law Enforcement, which has Jules O'Mackey, Sandra Roth, and Jacob Whatever-his-last-name-is all studying for it at the moment.

Plus, knowing Rean as a sim - that boy lands on his feet every single time. He's my best treasure digger, for example. He just has good luck in general, except when he gets chased by bees.

Oh, speaking of Legacies, I remade my legacy thread just in time to post a brand new chapter!
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Cool, I'll have to go check it out. Sounds like you've got quite the legacy going!

I'm still ahead playing-wise to what I've actually posted, so I can't talk much about what's happening. I will say, though, that all the Gen-Nine's are in college, and I've run up against the scene that I'm really dreading actually writing. :(

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk 2
Pea

Post by Pea »

Scribal_Goddess wrote:
I'm actually having lots of fun with college right now, mostly because I'm frantically trying to get Aranel worked up to being big sim on campus! And because I am finally done making Rean date everyone he sees, because his 50 first dates were a real pain. I managed to cap it off after much frantic counting just before Junior year with a dream date with his future husband, thinking I could drop Rean in whatever major corresponded to his new lifetime want... only to find out that his new lifetime want is fifty dream dates!

After I finished laughing and crying at the same time, I dropped him in Philosophy and slapped a new set of restrictions on him. He goes into whatever the first career in the first paper is when he graduates, and he stays in it no matter what it is unless he gets fired. Knowing his luck, it will be something deeply profitable.
(Thanks for the link and the answer, by the way. I think a mix-and-match legacy rule set would be my kind of thing.)

Ugh! I live in constant fear of the fifty dream dates lifetime want and of its slightly less annoying cousin, the fifty first dates lifetime want. :sour:
Keika wrote:Or he'll end up in Slacker. ;)
Can I just say how many times I've gone through Slacker? I've managed to get a few awesome stories and moments out of it though, so it's not all bad. :wink:
modelmgt
Location: Trailer Towers, or astride JoJo the Magic Circus Elephant.
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by modelmgt »

There's no way I'm spoiling Chapter 6 ( which just dropped), but suffice to say marvelous things happen, and clever things pop up now and then, some puzzle-pieces which start here will get connected in a later chapter which will drive some readers nuts, I know. Oh the places we'll go! :drinks:
As soon as I get another day on an actual desktop, more changes will happen here; things people have been asking for as well as things I've wanted to change. So stop pouting about graphic things and go read already! :hugs:
The Freshnfruity Uglacy II: Rebirth Chapters 1-11: Updated 9-5-2016

Freshnfruity's Livejournal
These Things Just Seem to Happen 1-9:Updated 9-1-22
Fugly Scrapbook & Polls
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

They're all sitting in status till I get bored of Sims 3 again, or it glitches and pisses me off again, or I have to uninstall it again because it pissed me off again...you know the usual.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

My heiress is engaged, and I'm fiddling around with the resolution to try and get decent(ish) screencaps. :)

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”