What's Happening in Your TS2 Legacy? Chat

Jendra

Re: What's Happening in Your TS2 Legacy? Chat

Post by Jendra »

So, I've been playing for eight years and I think this is only the second time I've ever gotten a werewolf. I've wanted to get a werewolf before, but it's never happened. This time I wasn't even trying and Zack went out to play with Rambo and got himself nibbled. Right now I'm waiting for Yvette and the Xes to grow to teen so I can send them to college, just so I can try for those last three kids before Brandon's too old to have anymore. I have a larger household hack, but only the one that allows for 12, and I've got two cats. I had bought a cat from the pet store, but it turned out to be an elder, and died within days :( . So I ended up adopting a kitten instead of trying again. I never did see anywhere where it said what age the cat was when I bought it at the store. Of course, Trowa and Mako currently haven't had anything to do with each other :(
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Aw, I understand. I couldn't get the werewolf until my OWBC. I only tried a few times before that though. :D

I've decided to start a Twin-Legacy and have two founders, Tutorial Joe and Jane (Joe and Jane Sim). They'll be Generation 0 and their first twins will be 1... I know it should be only one Sim but oh, well. I've always liked those two. :D

AND I started a Trailerpark Challenge- but not with inteen or ACR. Although I used to use ACR, I don't have it on my laptop yet. I know, it won't be a interesting. It'll just be a challenge for me to play a large family until the kids grow up. XD
Mauricette
Steam ID: coag27
Origin ID: DiamondCoyote

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

squat! Oh, I mean- Cordelia became a teen~
I want to send Cornelia and Cordelia to college with their alien cousins from my OWBC, Mercury, Venus and Luna, so I need to complete those last two golden trio challenges: Make three best friends and make $3,000. It doesn't help at all if their friends keep being eaten by the Laganaphyllis Simnovereii Plant! :haha: :banghead:
Avery

Post by Avery »

Mauricette wrote:squat! Oh, I mean- Cordelia became a teen~
I want to send Cornelia and Cordelia to college with their alien cousins from my OWBC, Mercury, Venus and Luna, so I need to complete those last two golden trio challenges: Make three best friends and make $3,000. It doesn't help at all if their friends keep being eaten by the Laganaphyllis Simnovereii Plant! :haha: :banghead:
Does anyone else still get sad sending a teen off to college even though this game has been out for 10+ years now? :indifferent:
Little White Comet
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: littlewhitecomet
Origin ID: LittleWhiteComet
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Little White Comet »

Does anyone else still get sad sending a teen off to college even though this game has been out for 10+ years now? :indifferent:
Yes I do! Especially when it sims that were born in the game while I was playing and I've watched them grow up :(
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

It was perfect. According to the pregnancy scanner, Brandon was having one U baby and Zeke was having twin T babies. That would finish Zeke's 10 kid want and I wouldn't have to think up more than one name beginning with U. Then Brandon gave birth... to triplets! Three U babies! Ugh! (and no, I didn't name any of them that, no matter how much I might wish). So I'm going to end up with at least 12 kids. So, currently, Yvette, Xavier and Xander are at Uni, and have only finished the first semester because I hate Uni and only sent them because I needed room in the house for more kids. Wendy, Wesley and Walter just turned teens, Violetta is about to turn teen, Uther, Ulrich and Unique have just been born and Zeke is pregnant. And since the larger household hack I have is for 12 members, I can't get Trowa a mate (I had tried twice before, but the one I bought from the store turned out to be an elder, and the kitten I adopted just refused to get along with him).
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

Does anyone remember that ghost color collection challenge? Like, you had to have one sim drown, fire, death by satelite etc? Because I was wondering if I could adapt it for some extras I need to kill off before the next generation gets here.

... Or just because I feel the need to kill Leod McGreggor. :)
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

I'm not sure about a ghost color challenge other than what's in the Bonus section of the Legacy rules:
1 point for each different color ghost you have on the lot at the end.
Also:
*NEW* 2 points if you manage to collect ALL the different types of ghosts on the lot (see post below)
And under the Advanced Legacy rules (the "see post below" mentioned above?):
Category: Ghosts
You get half a point for each different ghost color on the lot. If you collect all the ghost colors, give yourself 10 points for this category.
The ghost types are:
Old age
Fire
Fright
Drowning
Electricution
Cow Plant*
Scissors (download it here)
Elevators*
Satelite
Illness
Flies
Starvation
Rally Forth*
Sunlight*

*if you do not have the EP that allows this death, you do not need this death to complete the collection.
There's also the Free Roaming Ghosts handicap that gives you 2 bonus points, but you'd probably end up with more ghosts on the lot than you'd need to get the collection points, unless you're following the Advanced rules which give you half the points for each color.
Image Image
ISTJ
Faye Silver
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Faye Silver »

So far in the new Alphabetacy I've started, my founder is about three days from becoming an elder and due to her husband being so fertile :censored: there are now five children in generation A, the first of which I was really liking for an heir but as it turns out he's got a thing for Sandra Roth, *flips a table* So that ship's sank, but there are still four other kids to choose from.
ImageImageImage Image
ImageImage
[hr]
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

So I finally got around to purchasing a new computer. Went with an Apple desktop this time, and installed the Sims 2 Super Collection. With the return of Nightlife (oh How I missed thee!) I installed Ryker Kim the vampire guardian of my Goldweaver legacy. I decided to start a legacy with him just for fun. He married a fellow vampire named Marie and they have one son. Boy does Andrew look like his father! He acts like him too which amuses me. Heck, he proposed to his fiancee Suzie in a bathing suit. Yep, he took her out to a fancy restaurant in his bathing suit. Mrs. Crumplebottom was not pleased. :lol:

Andrew just graduated college and moved back home. I need to redo the house, plan for their wedding and then get cracking on the next generation. I do miss having Free Time though. *sigh* Guess I can't have everything I want.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh, I hear ya, mysterymusic7, on missing FreeTime. Although, the SuperCollection is great for Mac users!

Are you going to post this story, because from your description, I want to read it.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Well since I finally managed to figure out where all my pictures were kept and how to get some CC on this baby, I think I'm going to end up sharing this one. At this point, I really want to. I've decided to go ahead and try the whole alphabetical legacy this time around just because I've always wanted to, but never dared to do it on the old computers. It runs soooo fast...Right now my generation B heiress holds the reigns and I've started to type up a chapter that will basically cover the first 3 generations. I took like no pics while Ryker was in charge. It's okay Andrew gave me a convenient cover story for that. :#1:
As I'm writing up this first chapter, I've realized I've gone back to the writing style I used way back for the very first Goldweaver family legacy chapter, and I'm finding it rather fun. I admit this current gen I went a little nuts with having the larger households hack installed, but it's been FUN. And nobody's died yet...well okay that's not completely true....Let's go with nobody important to the survival of the main line has died. yeah...
I actually need to finish playing through my B heiress' reign and find a good way to close out the chapter before I can share though. But yeah, it'll be coming.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

So, late last night, I was playing my Rock Alphabetepic apocalypse, and I actually found myself arguing with my founder. Like, actually arguing, not just typed in snark for more drama. I wouldn't say we had a knock-down drag-out, but we definitely had a disagreement.

Sometimes, the characters really come to life for us authors, don't they?

Most of my "yelling at the screen" involves things like "Help the baby with the birthday, already!" or "What do you mean, you're blocked? You're standing in the middle of the room with nothing in your path!" Some characters, however, are more than just unintelligent sims who stop eating to tell me they're starving, or get out of bed to tell me they're exhausted and pass out on the floor, or GET OFF THE TOILET to pee themselves (OK, that one just made me laugh, hysterically).

Also, ummmmm, I might have forgotten to remove the Trips and Quads mod, when I switched off from playing the Parker TPC. YIKES! I'm not good at always checking the mods, darnit! So, I'm sorry I'm a lousy clicky-person, but Ragnar is just going to have to deal.

On the plus side, I got some good ideas for writing the next chapter out. In fact, I got an idea for the next iteration of apocalypse, or two. I can use this, sure!

And I am definitely not losing my mind. Nope. Ask any author. They'll tell you: arguing with your protagonist is perfectly normal.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Of course it's normal to yell at your sims as if they can hear you. I've done it several times with my founding spouse for The Kim Legacy I'm working on. I had forgotten how much of a pain in the ass vampires can be. Okay some vampires. i swear Marie keeps trying to die on me. Not cool. She's already caused me to do one foul up that I yelled at her for, for a good 15 minutes minutes I was raving at her coffin. I've started stalking her each morning and making sure she goes there and spend my time telling her to "stay there until 7 p.m." as if she were some kind of disobedient child. I'd agree though some sims are just stupid and seem incapable of taking care of themselves. With a few it's endearing, but most of the time it makes you want to reach into the computer screen and shake them silly. :pan:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

My vampire keeps wanting to get up in the morning (just after I sent him to bed!) and build a snowman.

Seriously?!?! I understand the doorbell of doom waking you up, but WHY THE HECK did you get up THIS TIME?! And if you MUST be up, please take care of your NEEDS!

Huph! Vampires!

I don't take pictures of that, because I refuse to validate that kind of choice with extra attention.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

I don't take pictures of it either. Pfft and Marie's the KNOWLEGE sim. She's supposed to be the smart one...guess she's the airhead off in her own little universe.
Ryker my pleasure sim never gets out of his coffin unless the doorbell rings. And he's basically the only person in the whole frickin house that will actually serve meals without me telling him to, not to mention he autonomously cleans the house each night, hangs out with the kids etc. Perhaps it's because he's older than Marie? IDEK.

Vamps/Sims are strange.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I don't think Knowledge sim means "smart." I think it means "curious."

As in, "I'm curious what will happen if I let ALL my needs go down REALLY red before I do anything other than stand here and wave about how my way is blocked by penguin, who moved an hour ago."

Yeah, curious.
Faye Silver
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Faye Silver »

Mystery, I understand completely about missing FreeTime, I also sort of really miss Apartment Life.

I'm moving my alphabetacy legacy to a new neighborhood, Riverblossom's nice but its getting a bit jumpy so I'm moving them over and fixing whatever CC problem is giving me an issue.
ImageImageImage Image
ImageImage
[hr]
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Pfft I'm a total genius.
So I totally forgot my Generation B heiress wanted 6 grandkids. No big deal though I said. Chenoa (my heiress) will have 3 and (this is where the genius part comes in) Csaba had triplets. There you go 6.
Except Csaba is NOT Beatrice's son. He's her nephew. Yep that's the wonderful type of sim player I am; I mistake my heiress' alien nephew for her son...(In my defense though Csaba did grow up in the main house alongside her kids and he and Chenoa might as well have been siblings given how close they are)

Never mind that even if he'd been her husband's alien son instead of her brother's the kids still wouldn't have counted since ya know technically my heiress still wouldn't have been his mother.

So basically I have to give someone more kids this generation so Beatrice can be eternally happy. :yuck:
Faye Silver
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Faye Silver »

Oh jeez, Well hey it happens doesn't it?

Finally got my alphabetacy family transplanted to Terra Nova (where they'll hopefully live out the rest of their 25 generations. *fingers crossed*), Speaking of, My heiress just gave birth to twin girls, and not long after that I started a rotation of the 'hood, starting with her brother Aberforth and his wife. Quadruplets. Unbelievable. So much for having a small hood until the later generations. Ah well, as long as nothing big happens they won't be moving out of Terra Nova any time soon.
ImageImageImage Image
ImageImage
[hr]

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”