What's Happening in Your TS2 Legacy? Chat

Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: What's Happening in Your TS2 Legacy? Chat

Post by Bouncer »

The oldest in my legacy house, last minute has chosen he actually wants to go to college. He's failing school.... Don't think he had enough time, oh well. At least with his Pleasure/Romance, it makes a good story in the end.
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes
modelmgt
Location: Trailer Towers, or astride JoJo the Magic Circus Elephant.
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by modelmgt »

EVERYTHING is happening!
On the Freshnfruity side, I finally wrapped Chapter 8 (Deja Vu and Flamingos Too!) And am practically halfway through 9. The first 2 twins have gotten shipped off to college which makes me excited already for the college chapter and heir poll #2!
Whoa girl, slow down, there's only 4 kids so far.. lol

On the unposted legacy/special project/ Fugly side, of course I'm not posting chapters but I've finally got it where one of my swingin' bachelors, fresh out of college, can meet up with his intended, through one of his in-laws.
I'm currently 7 photos away from finishing this thing and putting IT all together for my 2 sims boards. :-)
The Freshnfruity Uglacy II: Rebirth Chapters 1-11: Updated 9-5-2016

Freshnfruity's Livejournal
These Things Just Seem to Happen 1-9:Updated 9-1-22
Fugly Scrapbook & Polls
Little White Comet
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: littlewhitecomet
Origin ID: LittleWhiteComet
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Little White Comet »

My generation 2 heir and his spouse have just become elders, along with the rest of generation 2.
The eldest of generation 3 and his 4 cousins have just moved on to college, and the triplets, along with 2 more cousins, will be joining him the next time I load the game.
Things have actually slowed down at the moment, seeing as I'm coming to an end to Generation 2 everything is just getting ready for my next heir to take over.
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

It's fun to read what people are doing! :D

I'll probably start mine over. It's been on hold so long I don't know if I'll care any more. :(
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Generation four has generation five cooking in my AU legacy but that's about all. Haven't been back to my Duality hoods, been burnt out it seems.
Chickie

Post by Chickie »

So how do you all set up your legacies? From what I'm reading it sounds like a lot of you are doing them based off of challenges. Is that right? I've read a few of the challenge boards so I have an idea about that.

I like to think of myself as starting a legacy but it's not inside of any challenges or anything and I use aging off a lot of the time to develop everyone. I'm really leisurely with it, although I would like to see generations spring forth from the sim I created (she'll be engaged once I finish this blasted 50 dream dates ltw! I just have to have it that way...another reason for aging off). Can I consider that a legacy even though I'm not doing any challenges? :?:
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

A legacy is 10 generations of one family, with a traceable bloodline, so the way you're playing is fine! :) Additional challenges are just something to spice it up
Chickie

Post by Chickie »

Cool. Thank you!
Rex
Canada

Post Counts

Post by Rex »

Completed generation three, will upload the powerpoint of it later. The placeholder for the university house failed her final semester and had to repeat it. Without her siblings being there, she had a social bunny come (haven't had one of those since I think 2008) and broke down a few times.

Also, when I went to install Nightlife, it wouldn't launch. I realized that it was because I needed that laptop connected to the internet to install the disks. Never knew that, even back in 2005 :/
Little White Comet
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: littlewhitecomet
Origin ID: LittleWhiteComet
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Little White Comet »

The second group of generation 3 have just entered college and have settled in their dorm. The Heir for this generation has found his spouse and its one of my favorite pre-made characters so I'm looking forward to adding them to the family.
I've just got one more group to go before I can officially start college, and then Generation 3 will be able to begin :)
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

Aranel Elvensong is now Big Sim on campus! :check:

... still haven't gotten her abducted by the secret society. Not sure why, she's friends with at least three of them... unless I've got the wrong sims. :hmm:

In the meantime, legacy heir Achenar is damn lucky he's a knowledge sim and already got his spouse all lined up, because I'm not doing that for two sims in the same generation. His only college-related responsibility is graduating with perfect grades and skilling for his future job in the Adventure track. (I should think of something significant for him to get done in the last two years of college... maybe I can have him and Calla go on Spring Break? There's going to be quite a bit of money coming into the legacy house, I could make vacation memories a sub-challenge for this generation...)
Chickie

Post by Chickie »

So I'm still learning about this legacy thing, and I have a new question.

What happens if your first sim (for the legacy) marries a premade sim that already has a generation line going? My sim is going to marry Carlos Contender from Belladona Cove. His niece, Isabel Baldwin, is another premade in another home. She has a husband and two kids. Then they both have family trees although everyone else has died. Do I still count what my sim is going to do as the first generation?
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Yes, Isabella Baldwin does not count.

But you could also count your founder's kids as second generation - eg, your founder is first gen and their offspring is second, and so on.
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

I think I'm going to restart my Legacy... it's been so long since I played them. :duh:
Chickie

Post by Chickie »

Thank you Sam!
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

:banghead: Turns out Aranel does know the right sims... except that the secret society lot just crashed my game.

... I only have to play about 6 sim hours over, but I get the feeling that I'm going to be stuck in a loop of abduction and crash now. :mutter:
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

Just started one with my founder Zack Livingston. And, silly me, since Zack is a Family sim, I decided to go for the 10 kids want. So, via ACR, Zack got pregnant, so I hurried to get him and Brandon married. Then, via ACR, Brandon got pregnant... with twins. Then I decided Zack wasn't getting any younger (though it was actually Brandon who got pregnant) but Zack soon made up for it. So right now, I have Yvette, about to become a child, Xander and Xavier, toddlers, and Wendy, Wesley and Walter, just born babies. Zack is still pregnant... and since I didn't make Zack with an extra set of recessives, and he married another red head, that's six redheaded children. It's a very busy house right now. And they're still supposed to get a top 10 business going? When do they have time?!?

Edited to add... I've never had a family sim go into aspiration failure because he had a baby before. At least it was only one this time, Violetta.
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

O.O Crashing- I Hope it's fixed. :(

I've got a new Legacy Idea- for me. I'm going to play a Matriarchal Legacy in Pleasantview. Each generation will produce an heir from one of the males in town... I'm starting with Mortimer. Might move on to Don or Darren... There's Malcolm and then Cyd... maybe even Herb. See what the last generation will look like and all related. XD

Fingers crossed it'll be fun. :bounce:
Mauricette
Steam ID: coag27
Origin ID: DiamondCoyote

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

Rflong7:
It's not like any of them are atrocious. Actually they're all pretty good looking. Looking forward to checking it out :D
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

You're so right, Mauricette. Hmm- Going to have to put some Bluewater Sims in there... Might have to move in a famous Strangetown Sim to mix it up. Thanks! :D

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”