Legacy Memories

Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Legacy Memories

Post by Keika »

Hey everybody! Tell me... what is your favorite legacy memory? It doesn't have to be from a published legacy of yours, or could even just be something associated with legacies, like reading one or telling someone about it or anything. I just want to know your warmest, fuzziest memory when it comes to everybody's favorite challenge! :)
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: Legacy Memories

Post by Taube »

This is a great thread topic! :)

Hmm, for me, it's from my only finished one, The Vermachtnis Legacy . . . and it was finishing! Seeing that tenth generation baby after having taken a years-long hiatus in the middle was so satisfying. If we're talking more amusing and less warm and fuzzy, I also liked when my fifth generation heir Max, who I didn't like very much, got abducted and did something useful for the legacy, and I also got to see him be uncomfortable in the process.

As for others' legacies, I can think of all the times I laughed my butt off at Candi's Uglacy back on the Exchange. Reading legacies was a very fresh and shiny experience back then, and the novelty made the humor even better.
cowforbrains

Post by cowforbrains »

When I still played the sims 2 years ago having tombstones of endless nannies :D And any other sims that made me angry. To bad in the sims 4 my sims make me feel bad about murder :(
nicholaplaysthesims
Steam ID: alpha_ddeathclaw
Origin ID: laaputa
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by nicholaplaysthesims »

When I finished my first legacy, I uploaded it to the exchange and I loved taking comments from my guestbook and copying/pasting them into the blog feature so people could comment again (anyone else remember that!) I loved the legacy house because even though I downloaded it by the time I finished building and changing I'm glad I went the way I did. I miss that save, but not the graphics!
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

As for me, I remember coming across my first legacy online--it was Bitsy's Windling Legacy, which I thought was AMAZING and got me hooked on legacies, even though I didn't actually start publishing until about six years later. :) Her legacy still heavily influences my legacy play (and even some aspects of my personal play style!) to this day. Finding out about legacies through her is a pretty fond memory for me.

There was also one horrifying moment that I now remember with laughter from an unpublished legacy, where I had a teenage sim just sitting down to a meal, and was then scared by a ghost and died. Or from the same legacy, where I marathonned most of a generation so that I could have the next baby born on the real-time Christmas day (and then having it turn out to be twins, and having to come up with an extra Christmas-themed name for her). Good times. :haha:

My warmest, fuzziest memories mostly come from the White Legacy, though, seeing as that's the one that got me into Boolprop and meeting all of you here. I loved writing those characters and outlining those plots, and it was so great to be part of the community for the first time! Man, was I nervous to start publishing! It took me a full day to gear up the confidence to read my first comment! XD
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I think my favorite legacy memory was reading a story here on Boolprop, and saying, "Waaaaaait. Don't I recognize that guy? I DO!" And realizing that players borrow characters from other stories, either as playables for more drama, or towniefied so they can marry in for MORE drama, and then I started seeing sims I recognized all over, and it was just awesome!

Another favorite legacy memory was in a Jane Austen legacy (sorry, I can't find the link. I think it's defunct, anyway. It's old, and never completed), where the simselves got together to punish the villain of the piece. ZOMG! It was glorious! That was my first example of true simself power.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
IchigoMcCoy

Post by IchigoMcCoy »

MichelleCYoung wrote:Another favorite legacy memory was in a Jane Austen legacy (sorry, I can't find the link. I think it's defunct, anyway. It's old, and never completed), where the simselves got together to punish the villain of the piece. ZOMG! It was glorious! That was my first example of true simself power.
That was the Regacy. You can find a lot of it here. She also had a Livejournal under Regacylady with a table of contents.

As far as legacy memories go, my first legacy ever (or at least the one I read in full) was the Ancient Mythology Legacy by swiffner. It was an alphabetacy, which I still find intimidating, and really fun to read. I started trying legacies, which never got very far, and it was probably the place where I first heard of Boolprop, so here I am. I also found out about simselves from it, as so many married into the family.

For my own legacy, there was one in my Night Legacy where Orion inadvertently got him and his younger siblings taken away by jumping on the bed too long (I've since forgiven him) and the fact that Celestia was originally a boy named Sirius. My hand slipped and I exited without saving. Whoops. :awesome:
Call me Jessie.
Night Legacy
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Ah yes, I remember the Mythology Alphabetacy. I did try to read it all the way through but the listings on clockwatching are missing several key chapters so I could never finish it. And since the Exchange is long dead and gone there's no way to find them again. Also PurpleBunny's Piratacy, (back when Pirates of the Caribbean first came out and everyone and their mother made a Jack Sparrow) sadly she never finished it and left it on a rather annoying cliffhanger for like 9 years...so yeah. Loved her Sim Spade adventures too, and her husband Chris the S's D&D legacy. Also never finished. Man is that movie really 15 years old now? Damn...how time flies. Mitinkitten's Matriarchy as well, she was the one who created them after all, she never came back to Boolprop.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Ooh, I loved the Sim Spade adventures and the D&D legacy! :D
cholliebear

Post by cholliebear »

For me, my favourite memory was finding out what legacies were, and becoming addicted to reading them, Thanks to the very first boolprop forums. xP
The first legacy I read was Candi's uglacy, and then the addiction for more started, and I can remember a few stories I read and loved: Blueberrypie's Bearly alive, DrSupremeNerd's The Vetinari Dualegacy, and A touch of randomness by SimAddicted13!
I still go back to the old legacies to this day just for the nostalgic feels and all that.

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”