What's going on in your Apocalypse?

What is green, can read, and is spelled the same backwards and forwards? Well … nothing.
Forum rules
The Legacy & Challenge Story Update Threads have been revived! These are a fantastic group of threads where you can post every single one of your legacy or challenge story updates and shamelessly plug yourself! When you post your next legacy or challenge post, then feel free to post an update into the thread as well! And as if one plug isn't enough, at the end of the month someone will come along and post a big omnipost of all the updates that have been posted within the aforementioned month.
The (Un)Official Legacy & Challenge Story Update Thread: TS2

Re: What's going on in your Apocalypse?

Postby Jendra » July 17th, 2017, 6:20 pm

Okay, so I played a bit after the last time I commented, and Journalism and Adventure both got lifted. Hiram died by ghost and Dale destroyed his urn and threw it out. They adopted a kitten just to get Dale out of red. He grew up and went into Education. Amy and Andrea grew up and Amy immediately called over Gretchen and got married. Amy got a job in Music, Andrea in Intelligence and Gretchen in Science. (thus, the way to aliens would be open) Amy got pregnant and had Michonne then immediately got pregnant and had Maggie (she also turned permaplat around her marriage) The triplets life bars were weird. They were all the same, even though Dale, followed by Lori went permaplat and Merle was not. They were also going really, really fast. Dale died before I expected him too and his urn is inside (thankfully out of the way). The other two life bars increased. That's where it was until today.

Today, I played 2 sim days. The first day, Amy got pregnant again, she got fired, Gretchen got fired, Lori died inside, Michonne grew to child. The second day, Amy got a job in Athletics, Gretchen in Music, Merle died by the street as he got home and Maggie grew to a toddler. *sigh*

Listie:
1st gen Rick Grimes - founder- no lift
2nd gen Judith - Law, Hopelessness, Marisa - spouse- Law Enforcement, Carl - Culinary
3rd gen Carol - Politics, Calista - Journalism, Merle - Gamer, Lori - Business, Daryl - Adventure
4th gen Dale - in Education, Hiram - died as a teen, Andrea- in Intelligence, Amy -in Athletics, Gretchen - in Music
5th gen Michonne- child, Maggie - toddler
Pets Kim - service, Kobe - show biz Sake - no lift, Tokyo - security, Kyoto - no lift, Alegra - no lift, Tonto
Jendra

Medals: 3
Apocalypse Challenge (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1)

Postby goeswithoutsinging » July 24th, 2017, 4:52 pm

My Gen 2 heir is a teenager right now. All the current residents of the household are doing pretty well, but there's VERY little for the poor heir to do- he's already maxed his logic skill with the chessboard and he can't go to school or work or otherwise skill beyond doing household chores. I've had him flirt a bunch with the paper girl although he has no chemistry with her- he could use some friends, at least, but I'm leery of letting him greet people and hang out with them because then they wind up freezing and can't thaw out and when NPCs get all blue skinned in my game (or sunburned) they won't stay on any lots until they lose their frozen/sunburned status. So essentially he can't really invite them over ever again.

He's due to grow up later this week though, so hopefully he can work on Doing Things then.
TB Asylum Challenge - Daily life with the criminally insane. Completed.
River Heights BACC - We have a boot. Ongoing.
goeswithoutsinging

Medals: 2
Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1)

Postby Jendra » July 30th, 2017, 11:02 am

If you're playing with the intelligence restrictions in place, they're allowed to come inside once your sim has become friends with them. So make friends outside, then immediately unlock the door (assuming there are no other people on the lot) and invite them in. Either hang out or use the chessboard until they thaw out. The paper girl, however, is a service sim, and you're not allowed to be friends with service sims, again under the intelligence restrictions.
Jendra

Postby Jendra » November 19th, 2017, 10:01 pm

I now fully understand why I usually just restart when it's been this long. I started the Grimes Apocalypse up again and fell into chaos. Hauntings, messes and babies, as well as threats of social workers. So the first night, practically everyone got scared at least once, many twice and the ghosts kept waking up Maggie, who, as a toddler, couldn't be scared. Beth was born and Amy immediately got pregnant for a fourth time. The next night, Carol got scared to death, right in front of one of the sinks, next to the oven. She'd been permaplat, but her urn is not :( . Dale had been one friend away from getting his next promotion before Carol's death, he now needs even more. The next day, Michonne comes home with a warning that if she doesn't do her homework, the social worker is going to come. Gretchen has a breakdown over her precious daughter getting a D. I keep trying to get Michonne's mood up enough to do homework, but by the time the next morning rolls around, she still hasn't managed to complete a single one, much less the three that were stacked up. Luckily, unbelievably, Friday was a snow day. Maggie has grown up into a child, Beth is a toddler, and first born syndrome has hit, and Penny was just born. Michonne did finish her homework, unless that last one has disappeared somewhere. I'm trying to build an extension to the house that hopefully the ghosts will ignore, but of course, it's very slow going. I played 4 days and only one of them did not have ghosts in the house. With both Carol and Lori dead in the house, it's getting pretty bad.
Jendra

Previous

Return to Sims 2 Legacy Chat