What's going on in your Apocalypse?

What is green, can read, and is spelled the same backwards and forwards? Well … nothing.
Forum rules
The Legacy & Challenge Story Update Threads have been revived! These are a fantastic group of threads where you can post every single one of your legacy or challenge story updates and shamelessly plug yourself! When you post your next legacy or challenge post, then feel free to post an update into the thread as well! And as if one plug isn't enough, at the end of the month someone will come along and post a big omnipost of all the updates that have been posted within the aforementioned month.
The (Un)Official Legacy & Challenge Story Update Thread: TS2

Re: What's going on in your Apocalypse?

Postby Bexx87 » February 6th, 2017, 10:09 am

Hi All,

Im new to this challenge, could some one glance over my very boring story and tell me if Im doing it wrong and if I have to restart? Thanks:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3041
Proud owner of

Wool Family: Generation A 17 kids so far **updated 20/03/17**
Bexx87
Simapopulas Owner
House of Plumbob

Medals: 1
United Kingdom (1)

Postby Thaitanic » March 5th, 2017, 7:04 pm

Your story is very interesting though! Not boring at all :) I'll give it a readthrough & comment more on the story soon because I *loved* Simapopulas! Quickly, reading the first chapter & since you have uni the first thing I noticed was that the house needs to be above the ground until you lift Natural Science (either on foundation or columns). You're also not allowed the shower (you can use a sink to raise adult sims' hygiene if they sponge bath/wash hands) until Medical is lifted, you might want to look up this mod? It's the one I use and I've had no problems with it so far. I don't know if the house is 8x8 but if you have Freetime that needs to acknowledged until Architecture is lifted. Also I noticed you had the Season set to Autumn but they have to be set to Winter all the way through.

I know the offiical apocalypse rules are hard as hell to read (at least they are for me) because there's so many colours and loads of words for my dyspraxic self to handle :lol: http://modthesims.info/t/453459 I've been playing/reading these rules because they're basically the same from what I can tell & a lot easier for me to digest :)

These aren't too tough to not put right though! I really loved reading it and it seems like a challenge you've worked hard on. Keep going because I'm invested in it now! :) (Sorry this is a bit late.)
Thaitanic
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Medals: 9
Golden Plumbob (1) Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) 2014 Housewarming Gift Xchange (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) Happy Birthday (1) Artwork (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Thailand (1)

Postby Jendra » March 19th, 2017, 10:47 am

So, it's been months, I have no idea where I was or what had been lifted... so I started a new one. Decided to do a TWD named, adult start, child start. In other words, I started with Rick Grimes, he worked three different jobs for the first two weeks, and then quit to get pregnant. Judith just turned into a child and Carl has just been born. Rick will not be able to go back to work because Judith will not have turned teen by the time he turns elder, so I'm going to have about two weeks with an uncontrollable elder, a teen and a toddler/child. Hopefully he saved up enough money to get them through.
Jendra

Medals: 3
Apocalypse Challenge (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1)

Postby Lorinsv » March 19th, 2017, 12:48 pm

I played some more of my undocumented Borg AC after a significant break from it. The 3rd Generation heir's intended spouse Jan Tellerman just lifted Medical.
So far, what I have is:
Stella Terrano (founder) - Art (grave on the lot)
Rodney Jung (spouse) - Business (grave on the lot)
Este' Terrano (2nd gen heir) - Intelligence (moved out)
Xena Terrano (2nd gen spare) - Military (moved out)
Christian (snakeskin jacket) Terrano (2nd gen spouse) - Science (chose the Energizer aspiration reward) (about to move out)
Jan Tellerman (3rd gen spouse) - Medical
Oscar Terrano (3rd gen heir) - looking to lift Culinary or Journalism for backup (same skills required, Culinary hasn't showed up, but Journalism has)
Maya Terrano (3rd gen spare) - working on Education, I was initially going for Law to be done with suppressions (same skills required)
Image Image
ISTJ
Lorinsv
Simsomniac

Medals: 14
Golden Plumbob (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Apocalypse Challenge (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Happy Birthday (1) Serious Admin Award (1) Teresa's Troll (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Watermelon Bliss (1)
Little Ball of Fur (1) There was one Guitar (1) The Legend of (1) Moustache Love (1) Drinks on the House (1)

Postby Jendra » March 19th, 2017, 7:28 pm

Well, they survived. Rick turned elder the same day Carl became a toddler, and then proceeded to refuse to change Carl's diaper, no matter how many times asked, or how green his mood was. Since Judith was only a child, she couldn't help much. Luckily she was able to call her father over on Tuesday, and *he* didn't have any problem changing Carl's diaper or giving him something to eat. I also realized that Judith *could* fill the pet bowl, and Carl was happy to eat that when his dad refused to feed him. Of course, with a dirty diaper, Carl cried, constantly, which, in a one room house, meant Judith got woken up constantly (and Rick, but since he was refusing to take care of his son, dementia or no, I didn't much care there <grin>). Judith was able to age up one day before Carl, but he didn't want anything she could teach him, so he aged up in low green.

One rule change I did do, was the definition of True Love. With no car, getting anyone to come over enough to fall in love was pretty much impossible. So I changed it to they could come over when their relationship was a crush with an LTR of 70 or higher.
Jendra

Postby Lorinsv » March 20th, 2017, 4:50 pm

Jendra wrote:Judith was able to age up one day before Carl, but he didn't want anything she could teach him, so he aged up in low green.

This happened with 2nd-gen sisters Este' and Xena in my AC. Both parents were senile/"incapable" of taking care of their toddler Xena, so big sister Este' did everything she could for her sister, except Xena rolled wants only for her parents, so Xena grew up in red aspiration and no Needs perks when she aged up. That I interpreted as Xena being a sickly child, and when she grew into a teen, she and Este' were often at each other's throats. I couldn't blame either girl, Este' working her tail off keeping the household running and doing everything possible for her sister, and Xena getting nothing that she craved from her parents.

It was a rather welcome dose of AC realism albeit somewhat sad.
Image Image
ISTJ
Lorinsv
Simsomniac

Medals: 14
Golden Plumbob (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Apocalypse Challenge (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Happy Birthday (1) Serious Admin Award (1) Teresa's Troll (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Watermelon Bliss (1)
Little Ball of Fur (1) There was one Guitar (1) The Legend of (1) Moustache Love (1) Drinks on the House (1)

Postby Jendra » March 21st, 2017, 9:51 pm

The last two weeks were a bit boring, I must admit. Judith became a popularity teen, with a want to become a General, which I'm fine with, if it comes up. Now that she just turned adult, the first job in the paper is Law... which I'm also just fine with, especially since one rule change I use is to move lock wants/fears to Law from Oceanography, just because I think it fits better. She's got 3 days for Military to come up then she's stuck with Law unless a bad chance card takes it away. She's going to marry Marisa (the blond one) if she lifts Hopeless. Carl is also a popularity teen, but he wants to have 20 pet best friends :jawdrop: :haha: Not going to happen. Rick has not rolled anything in the last week except Judith goes to college, Judith and Carl get scholarships, and a bathtub, so needless to say he's in the red.

So during play today, Judith kept getting chance cards and eventually, on level 3 got fired, on the same day Carl had food poisoning and Rick died of old age, still not in green. At least we got him out of the house and Judith got a job in Journalism and a promotion. The second story of the house finally got completely walled off, and although it still wasn't possible to move up there, it was a lot closer. Then my computer seems to have freaked out. It completely froze, I had to turn it off, and now the mouse isn't working right. And no, I hadn't saved any of that. I'm far more interested in the fact my left mouse button doesn't seem to be working (I've managed to switch things over to the right button, but I use both buttons). That's really annoying.

And I've just realized that I had cause and effect totally wrong. The mouse didn't stop working because of a problem on the computer, the computer "froze" because I couldn't use the left button on my mouse! I didn't need to lose everything... I quit for no reason! :sob: :hissyfit: :censored: :banghead:
Jendra

Postby Jendra » March 23rd, 2017, 8:19 pm

So, I ended up having to start back over the day Judith became an adult. She had already taken the job in Law, and this time she was going up faster and wasn't getting nearly as many chance cards. Rick died the day before Carl grew to an adult. First job was Culinary. Now, I remember thinking, several times, that Carl should *not* go into culinary. He set the grill on fire the first time he tried to grill hot dogs, and burned so many after that that I finally stuck him on lunch meat sandwiches (which actually earn you more cooking points than hot dogs, who knew?) Still, it was the first job up and even though I don't usually try to lift it this early (since it tends to make things boring) I let him take it. He's doing fairly well at it, and is already a waiter. He's got full logic and creativity, so just needs 5 cooking points.

Judith stayed in Law. It was Monday, she was one promotion away, had all her points, I made sure she was as green as it was possible to be. If she didn't make it that day, she would the next and be able to call Marisa over with plenty of time before elderhood. Chance card. She did not get fired, which I checked after I chose and could have happened. She did however, lose two charisma points. She wasn't able to lift Law until Wednesday thanks to having to get those points back. However Kim came by as soon as she got home, so she might not have gotten a spouse yet, but she does now have a cat.

Of course, that rule change I use? You know, putting lock wants/fears under Law... not doing me a lot of good since my mouse only has one working button. Yeah, can't lock wants without a second button :sigh:

Rick Grimes - no lift
Judith Grimes - Law, Hopelessness
Carl Grimes - working on Culinary
Kim - whichever comes up first; Service or Showbiz
Jendra

Previous

Return to Sims 2 Legacy Chat