12th Birthday Party - BABY BOOM CHALLENGE (TS2/3/4)

Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: 12th Birthday Party - BABY BOOM CHALLENGE

Post by Teresa »

Quick clarification:

you get 30 points for the birth + 10 points for them reaching young adult - just wanting to make sure I am reading it right

You get 30 points for every countable child born (your first 12 boys and first 12 girls)
You get 10 points for every countable child that reaches TS3/4 young adulthood
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Yes so that's 40 points total per child just for existing and aging up, plus more points depending on what you do with said child.
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

I just really like giving points :shifty:
call me Thai!
they/them
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

:lol: and I love earning points (and medals).

I am building a spreadsheet to count said points and just wanted to make sure I plussed (added) the correct amount of points for each child :rotfl:

EDIT: I am also making my parents today and starting the challenge (talking about late to the party, not sure how I missed this... oh yeah, school, work, life...)
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

What game are you trying with Teresa? I've heard from a few that TS4 is extremely difficult to do, I'm tempted to boot it up and test myself but I'm not very good with TS4 to really give it a shot. We might need to adjust some things for TS4 rulesets if that's the case, though.
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

If anyone who is doing the game on TS4 has been struggling with it, I'd love to know what the main struggles are so I can make some changes!! I've never playtested the challenge in TS4 and haven't played TS4 much at all so it was basically written going off of the wiki :lol:
call me Thai!
they/them
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

I think the main concern (I've not tried it, but have played the Sims 4) would come from the toddler skills being so different from previous games. If I had to put money on it, I'd say that's where the root of the troubles were. I just finished my boom and I'm not exactly eager to complete another one just yet (bit of fatigue and a lack of knowledge on TS4 for my comfort right now), but maybe I'll give it a shot and see what's up. I've been playing with toddlers a lot since I've started dipping my toes in again to TS4, so that's really what made me think of it again.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I am going to do it in TS4 - I will let you know - I do see some things with the rules that will probably need to be adjusted just from the read-through. I have done the Toddler Challenge in TS4 (successfully) and I like playing with the toddlers so we'll see :) I plan on reading through the stories that have been posted on TS4 to see how they have played so far also.

One thing up front in my experience is that it is almost impossible to get level 5 on multiple toddler skills - I can normally get level 3 on all skills, level 4 one maybe 2 and sometimes level 5 on 1 skill. In the year toddlers have been out, I have had one toddler get level 5 on all skills and I just about killed her doing it. Maybe a change on the points for each toddler would be 15 points for getting level 3 in all skills and 20 points for getting level 5 in all skills. That would match up with the reward trait they earn, rather than 5 points for each skill mastered.

Another things is the scoring on skills mastered - children have their own set of skills that are not toddler or adult skills - they should get points for those also. They have to master the child version before they unlock the adult version - so 10 levels and then they unlock the adult skill.
{• You get 10 points for every (TS4) adult skill or (TS2/3) skill that any sim (a parent or a child) maxes.}

Those are the two things that I see before starting.

edit to add this addendum to the post to bring it all in one...
Teresa wrote:
Teresa wrote:... Maybe a change on the points for each toddler would be 15 points for getting level 3 in all skills and 20 points for getting level 5 in all skills. That would match up with the reward trait they earn, rather than 5 points for each skill mastered. ...
A change to my recommendation...
Since there are 5 toddler skills and the scoring is currently 5 points for each skill the toddler maxes, then getting level 5 in all skills (Top-Notch Toddler) should be 25 points. Getting level 3 in all skills (Happy Toddler) should be 15 points.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Double Posting...

Child skills are Social, Motor, Creativity, Mental. Once they reach level 10, then they unlock select adult skills that they can start leveling. They can't learn a lot of the adult skills until they are teens.

Toddler skills are Communication, Imagination, Movement, Potty (level 3 only), and Thinking. Their skills are only to level 5 and they get reward traits for getting all their skills to level 3 and to level 5. Happy Toddler (level 3) and Top-Notch Toddler (level 5)
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Triple Posting...

Another thing - there are points for the teen completing an aspiration before becoming an Adult/Young Adult. In TS4, the children also have a Child only aspiration that they can complete. It would be good for them to have points for that. I would say 5 points for each one - they only have 3 stages, there are four possible aspirations, and it is possible to complete all four, but maybe not probably with lots of kids in the house (it takes work to do it)
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Thanks Teresa! Yes that's pretty much what I thought too. You summarized it better than I could. I have my toddlers on the LONG lifespan now as I test them, and I'm barely getting level 3-4 by day 9 (and toddlers only have 7 days to do it in on normal). In TS4 it's like there's just too much going on to really skill much, so having a routine/eating/sleeping/etc is super hard when the number of toddlers outweigh the number of adults. I started a file recently with 2 toddlers and 1 Sim and it's on LONG so it's no big deal how long it takes them to level, but it's DEFINITELY a lot harder than my 1 sim 1 toddler ratio.
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

Thanks for your help. I'm going to attempt a review of the rules soon-ish in light of this!!
call me Thai!
they/them
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

It has taken me 3 hours just to come up with the parents name :shifty: but they are created and being moved into the game now. So I will be starting tonight and playing this weekend. I got a last minute invite to see Shania Twain tomorrow night so I will be not playing very long tonight :)

I love playing toddlers and have to watch myself as I will have too many kids. My legacy was a challenge in that I made myself only have one kid per generation. And I still only got each toddler to level 3 in every skill and only had level 5 in about 3 or 4 skills for the entire legacy. But I didn't push them once they hit level 3 across the board, I let them be for the last day since it was normally 1 day before their birthday at that time.

ok,back to the Bladderstones... and yes, it took me 3 hours to come up with Brittany and Brantley Bladderstone. :rotfl:
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Hooo I'm looking forward to their adventures. XD Also have fun at your concert!
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Well I got them settled and well into Monday, baby #1 is on board, he has a job and she is working on her "hobby". I have only crashed once >.< but thankfully I save frequently. I am heading to bed and will play and post an update this weekend.
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

I have a new update for this finally

Leaf Baby Boom ... Update 13

Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
Nevermore
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Location: Hanging out with the voices in Harley Quinn's head.

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Nevermore »

I'm considering attempting this challenge, with Jareth and Wilhemina Snowe.

I wondered, I know it says only one parent can have a career. That I know will happen right away, Jareth will probably be a rock star again. I wondered, is it okay to make Wilhemina a self employed gardener? Since in that career, you don't get a stipend for it. If she didn't garden, she would get no money from it. I don't mind not registering as it if it's against the rules. I'd only do it so Wilhemina can collect all the trophies she has in the main Snowe house.

Do what you love and the happiness follows.
The reasons you want to stay can blind you to the realisation you don't love it anymore.
xoxo

Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

I would say that that's fine :) We allow the partner who stays at home to be self-employed/do hobbies which make money!
call me Thai!
they/them
Nevermore
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Location: Hanging out with the voices in Harley Quinn's head.

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Nevermore »

Great! :D I'm so used to her being a self-employed gardener, it would feel weird for a while if she wasn't one! :lol:

Do what you love and the happiness follows.
The reasons you want to stay can blind you to the realisation you don't love it anymore.
xoxo

Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Teresa wrote:... Maybe a change on the points for each toddler would be 15 points for getting level 3 in all skills and 20 points for getting level 5 in all skills. That would match up with the reward trait they earn, rather than 5 points for each skill mastered. ...
A change to my recommendation...
Since there are 5 toddler skills and the scoring is currently 5 points for each skill the toddler maxes, then getting level 5 in all skills (Top-Notch Toddler) should be 25 points. Getting level 3 in all skills (Happy Toddler) should be 15 points.

Return to “Boolprop Challenge Rules”