12th Birthday Party - BABY BOOM CHALLENGE (TS2/3/4)

Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: 12th Birthday Party - BABY BOOM CHALLENGE

Post by Ani-Mei »

Me too; although Pokemon Ultra Moon is keeping my attention a lot. I still manage to keep my NaNo words up too. If I don't force myself to stop playing Ultra Moon I will be at it for hours, literally I'll stay up all night if I'm in a groove. Also my Dusk form Rockruff needs to evolve between 5 and 6 am because Moon's in game time is all opposite to the outside world. At least I'll have lots of updates to read. ^^
Voguishstorm

Post Counts

Post by Voguishstorm »

Officially in! The pictures are squished but that's the blog's fault. It will be changed soon enough...

Chapter 1.0 - Amber & Flynn
Last edited by Voguishstorm on November 20th, 2017, 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

i have another update

Update 3

hee!! hee!!
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
simfulicious
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Origin ID: petunia302007

Post Counts

Post by simfulicious »

cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

Update 7

So many updates I need to catch up on!

Also, since I'm cursed with all the females ever born - I was wondering if, when revising the rules, there could be some kind of handicap? Like maybe ever fourth baby you can determine/influence the sex of the child but there will be some kind of consequence (like, if it was a point system, point reduction) Just a thought because I don't know, I may never have a boy ever again :lol:
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

@Voguishstorm yay! I can't wait to read it! Unfortunately, your link seems to be broken? Is there another link?

@Julie! What a cutie! It's so hard to resist the toddler stage of that! Too bad they don't STAY that cute as they get older :lol: :roll:

I'm so happy for more reading materials. I'm glad that we can all post our updates here because it means I can keep up with everyone's very easily! I've yet to find a good way to keep my reading list up to date! I don't use wordpress, so I've been trying to use bookmarks and just remember to check them but... this is just so much nicer!

@CynicalBadger - forgot to say I agree this should be something. Though there doesn't appear to be points, but I'm sure we could figure something out! For what it's worth, your kiddos are cute regardless of gender! :whome:
Voguishstorm

Post Counts

Post by Voguishstorm »

Thanks for the heads up Livvie! I fixed it :D
I too started with a witch and a werewolf.
I'll be reading everyone's challenge, most likely once my semester thaws out lol.
ImageImageImage
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

Livvielove wrote: @CynicalBadger - forgot to say I agree this should be something. Though there doesn't appear to be points, but I'm sure we could figure something out! For what it's worth, your kiddos are cute regardless of gender! :whome:
Will they still be cute when Nancy and John announce the birth of their 12th son, 168th Boomer child of the world? :lol:

Maybe not points but a restriction. Like no Try for a Baby woohoo for 7 sim days after? Or maybe there's a money fee, though later in the challenge that may not be much of a problem unless it's a ridiculous fee - like $75K? Something big so it's not an easy option.

EDIT: OOh a dastardly idea - you have to make up with one extra of the opposite gender? So like in my instance I'd want a boy. But I'd have to having an extra girl after that boy. It's still nice and frustrating (because imagine you then getting the opposite problem hahaha)

And Update 8 is now published too
somebodysangel
Steam ID: somebodysangel
Origin ID: somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Post by somebodysangel »

cynicalbadger wrote:Maybe not points but a restriction. Like no Try for a Baby woohoo for 7 sim days after? Or maybe there's a money fee, though later in the challenge that may not be much of a problem unless it's a ridiculous fee - like $75K? Something big so it's not an easy option.

EDIT: OOh a dastardly idea - you have to make up with one extra of the opposite gender? So like in my instance I'd want a boy. But I'd have to having an extra girl after that boy. It's still nice and frustrating (because imagine you then getting the opposite problem hahaha)
Totally agree with you, cynicalbadger. I'm having way too many boys, and would love to be able to force a girl. The money penalty would probably be too easy late in the game, but I love the other options. Maybe even no TFB until the gender-specific offspring is a child (or teen!) - that would really put the brakes on reproducing. Love the idea of extra required babies as well.
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
ABCs of Genetics ~ Minos Apocalypse ~ Young BISBI
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

That sounds fab lmfao. Honestly, play it within the rules (which are purposefully vague) as much as you like, the Baby Boom Challenge is in an alpha stage, so all your feedback is being taken on-board! I like the handicap concept, but I think maybe we could just add a points system in future? :lol: But like, if you wanna play to the cheat for one sex and have to have a kid assigned the opposite one next, I'm not against it. At the end of the day you still need to raise the extra kid and get that 12 of each assigned sex :lol:
call me Thai!
they/them
snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Origin ID: Rindoodle

Post Counts

Post by snazzle »

Maybe the handicap could be something like since the parents wanted one of that gender so much, it becomes something of a favorite and they can be directed to do nothing but interact with that babe until it's a child? The parents are left to free will unless you're directing them to deal with the Chosen Child. (Or maybe I'm the only micromanager who would find that hard? LOL)
snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Origin ID: Rindoodle

Post Counts

Post by snazzle »

Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

I'm all caught up on my reading! I'm posting here that I have so that I know where to start back up again. I'm still buried in work. I have two girls with internet on the fritz waiting for new modems, two different houses in two different states no less. I have one girl on vacation until mid-next week, and my boss just sold her house in Garden Grove and she's in the process of being out of said house by Dec. 20th. So, it's a chaotic time for me and I was only able to turn on my Sims 2 game for a little bit yesterday. Then turned it off without playing it. Oh and to top it all off my kid has 9 days off (3 down, 6 to go) and brought home a cold that has jumped to me. So, now I'm miserable under my pile of work.
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

So my computer died this morning. :( Now i have to wait until black Friday to buy a new one. Hopefully my save is on my external hard drive! I just did a backup of all my saves but for the life of me, i cannot remember if i did that before or after I started this challenge. So heres hoping I dont have to start again! (At least if I do, I'm not very far into it lol)

Ongoing:
A Wilde ISBI Alphabetcy | A Swift Drift | The Mons: A Pokémon Baby Challenge
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
View all Completed Challenges Here: Mojo's Finished Challenges
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Awards:

Spoiler:
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

@CynicalBadger - Yesss! I love those ideas. I'm sure that something good will come up when the rules get a stronger lookie-loo.

@Jenn :hug: Oh no! I'm so sorry! What a way to spend a Holiday (if you're in the states - if you're not then just WHAT a way to have to spend a few weeks)! I hope things get better for you soon! :whome:

@mojot oh noooo! I'm so sorry (plays funeral music in the background). My fingers are crossed for you! Good luck on your Black Friday Hunt!
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

I do live in the states, midwest-ish. I'm so bored right now. I'm 36 pages into transcribing a 181 page deposition for a forensic neuropsychologist. This should have been done already, but I was so busy this weekend. I have to pound this out today and still cover radiology transcription, which is based in New Jersey and have a 2 hr. turn around, meaning once it comes in I have 2 hrs to get it transcribed and sent back. Everything else is 24 hr, so no rush on them.

Omg. Mojot! I had that happen last year, but not anywhere near Black Friday. I sure hope you find some good deals. Hubs just surprised the boy with a new motherboard/processor, so the deals are out there, just got to find them.
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

After lots of searching yesterday I found one that I like that's going to be on sale starting tomorrow for black Friday, so I'm planning on getting that one! I'm actually glad this happened when it did. Since tomorrow is my birthday I have a little extra cash from my parents and grandparents that I can use to help pay for it too!

Ongoing:
A Wilde ISBI Alphabetcy | A Swift Drift | The Mons: A Pokémon Baby Challenge
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
View all Completed Challenges Here: Mojo's Finished Challenges
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Awards:

Spoiler:
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts