I might have put in too much CC.

Sitting on the front porch, watching the neighbors walk by.
Forum rules
Welcome to the General Sims Chat Area!
Post anything here that is not specific to one game or another.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

I might have put in too much CC.

Post by MichelleCYoung »

So, for story-telling purposes in Youngdale, I installed a whole slew of CC.

Today, it took more than three hours to load the game! :headache: OK, so I had to reboot the computer after an hour or so, because everything was frozen, but still... I'm up and running now, and I may never exit this game, again.

However, I'm nearly finished playing my next rotation, so yay! Because once this family rotation is done, I get to do my interlude! For which I downloaded all the CC! Woot! I'm excited.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: I might have put in too much CC.

Post by Heather »

Yep, my game takes almost an hour to load with all the CC I have. I remember the first time I loaded the full collection without any downloads, and my mind was blown by how fast the game loaded. :lol:

Last time I checked I was almost at 16GB. I have a problem.
candiedgala
Origin ID: ciaramei

Post Counts

Post by candiedgala »

I love collecting cc, but when I saw how fast and smooth the game loads and runs without it I decided to go cc free. It's a battle every time I visit tumblr. "It's just a few files. It's a maxis-match add-on!" I leave the tab open in the browser to "think about it". So far I've been able to not download anything.
DSLady
Steam ID: dslady13
Ireland

Post Counts

Post by DSLady »

I don't know if any of you have tried this - there's a trick to combine all your package files into singular files instead, which increases loading times and decreases in game lag. Livvielove & Blams told me about it, and I used it after being unable to load CAS bc everything lagged out super hard; but now it's all totally normal again!

THIS is the tutorial I used when I was poking around on my own (I think everyone was offline) and it worked for me! The tip to keeping the package files you combine to less than 200 is probably worth it - I crashed s3pe the first time before I split them up :fisty: I went down from around 1000 pieces to somewhere near 20; so not a HUGE number, but enough to make a difference. I also didn't combine in my mods or replacements in case I ever needed to take them out!

I am not the leading expert on this, I'd definitely point that to Livvie/Blams, but thought I'd share the tip because it was super useful!
The Gordon Legacy - Complete?
The Hot Ladies Association - Liv's Adventures in TS4
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Ooooh! Does it work with store content?

In my Sims 3 game, I have no CC, but I DO have store content, and the game lags so much that I literally have to paus the game, every time I issue ANY command. I click on the sim, count to 10 or 20, and the command menu finally pops us. Then I get to choose something (maybe), and if I'm patient, it will confirm the command. Or maybe I'll just give up, press ESC, and try again.

I queue up actions a lot. Well, I sort of gave up on Sims 3. I wonder if this will work. I'd sure like to play it again.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion! If it worked for you, then I'm grateful, even if it doesn't work out for me.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
somebodysangel
Steam ID: somebodysangel
Origin ID: somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Post by somebodysangel »

It does work with Store Content, providing you have it in .package form.

I personally use CC Magic for all my CC and Store Content (excluding mods) - I can organise it into folders and use the same cache files for all my different setups (with AnyGameStarter). Loads much quicker, and saves space on duplicating the CC files into each game folder!

I have about 5.5gb of CC/Store, and the game only takes about 10-15 minutes to load.
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
ABCs of Genetics ~ Minos Apocalypse ~ Young BISBI
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]

Return to “Sims Chat”