Family Trees

Sitting on the front porch, watching the neighbors walk by.
Forum rules
Welcome to the General Sims Chat Area!
Post anything here that is not specific to one game or another.
sarathedancer

Re: Family Trees

Post by sarathedancer »

I definitely have done this with my Legacy Family, it actually helps a lot

http://www.familyecho.com/?p=JQROE&c=16 ... 1751876710
ShadowGem

Post by ShadowGem »

I used Family Echo for my old legacy.

http://www.familyecho.com/?p=START&c=10 ... view:START
You can call me Chris or Shadow.
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

I finally started adding the pictures to my rebuilt Riverblossom Hills Family Tree.

Riverblossom Hills

It's not quite everyone, because the Thayers, Ramaswamis, and Ottomases haven't married or hooked up with any original residents. But I went all the way back to the earliest ancestors of every RBH premade and wrote them all in.

... Now I've just got to assign "years" to these people so I can remember how old they are (or in some cases, would be.) :pizza:
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

I love Family Echo for my family trees. The only trouble is there's no way to show "adopted" children on there, so things get a little odd in that regard.

This was my first legacy's family tree.

There's an awkward moment where the tree copied itself, but you see it's because my sixth generation heiress married the adopted son of a very distant relative's and... as I said there's no way to show "adopted" on the tree, so it looks like some form of incest has taken place.
I mean, it is the Sims. XD
That family tree is my favorite, because it's not just one family but two I somehow managed to merge in there.
somebodysangel
Steam ID: somebodysangel
Origin ID: somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Post by somebodysangel »

Scribal_Goddess wrote:
pnkpnthr334 wrote:I extract the pictures from SimPE. I like that all of the pictures are uniform by doing it that way instead of me having to pose my Sims every time they age up to get nice pictures.
... that's actually pretty genius. :thup:
I love this idea! I have done trees in the past, but have failed to keep everything updated, should go do that.

If you use nraas Master Controller, there is an option to "Export Genealogy" (under either Sim menu Basic or the Town menu), which produces a Script Error file in your Sims 3 folder. Change the extension on the script error to .ged and you can upload it to Family Echo. Makes for a really easy way to begin the tree!
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
ABCs of Genetics ~ Minos Apocalypse ~ Young BISBI
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]
snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Origin ID: Rindoodle

Post Counts

Post by snazzle »

I do it for my legacy family as well. I add pics if I think of it, but there's just so dang many of them extended-family wise. LOL
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I used Family Echo for a while, but I've switched to The Plum Tree App in the last couple months. It was made for TS4 so some of the stuff doesn't apply to TS2 as well, but it's nice to have a family tree maker that was created specifically for the Sims.
Jase
Origin ID: JaseSims

Post by Jase »

Just like Simsterlyrock above, I also use the Plum Tree App and I love it!
I really wish the family tree feature in TS4 was just like it. :mrgreen:

My sim's family tree isn't as impressive as I've seen from other simmers, but it's the best that I've since I've made it to generation six. Currently, the tree is one generation behind still, but here's my Fresh Legacy family tree. They're my favorite sim family and I just adore them.
Start from the beginning at Jase's Sims on Tumblr.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

I've looked at the Plum Tree App and it is nice, but my family trees are almost all done in a regular family tree app called MyHeritage Family Tree Builder. Their website is kind of crap and they have limits on the number of people you can put in your tree on there for free, but the app version doesn't have to connect to the website and you can do unlimited stuff there. I like it MUCH better and it's one of the few that let me have same-sex couples. There are a few things that I don't like about how they handle a few things, but I get to pick pictures can add birth/death info and have multiple families in the same "town" that I keep track of for my TS2 prosperity.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image

Return to “Sims Chat”