Let's Build It Chat

Nevermore
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Location: Hanging out with the voices in Harley Quinn's head.

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Let's Build It Chat

Post by Nevermore »

For the next round, how about a little festival type thing? Or since spring is here, something fun for sims to enjoy all the blooming flowers, and out door activities. Something fun like that. ^^

Do what you love and the happiness follows.
The reasons you want to stay can blind you to the realisation you don't love it anymore.
xoxo

MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thank you, Ani-Mei!

A flower festival sounds nice. I like flowers. Or, if you want to make it a bit more interesting, how about a "Flower Parade," sort of thing, where you actually have to design at least one "float," with a flower theme. With Move Objects on, you can put those garden flowers right onto a foundation, and there are décor items to make it look like a trailer, with wheels. Or you could just decorate your float with plant-pot flowers from the décor tap, instead of live plants.

It's smaller, but there's a lot of scope for variety. We could set a standard size for the float, say 6x20, so it's similar to a flat-bed that gets used in a lot of parades. Maybe even have some characters in fancy dress posing on your float. Floats usually have people on them, waving to the crowd, after all. Or sometimes dancing around the float. If you want, you could place them, then remove the stairs, so it looks like it's rolling down the street.

I now have Disney's "The Main Street Electrical Parade" going through my head, even though I haven't seen it for about 20 years. Some memories stick with you.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Nevermore
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Location: Hanging out with the voices in Harley Quinn's head.

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Nevermore »

I love that idea! Having the potted plants as an option is a good idea, because not everyone (including me) uses those building cheats. To say that it's required to use garden flowers only would exclude people who play cheat free.

Also make it optional for having people on it. The requirement could be to design a float, people in costume optional.

Or we could do both. Depending how big the simmer wants to go. The theme could be this;

Spring is here, and your sims are out to celebrate. Whether they are enjoying the festival or watching the parade, get your sims ready to enjoy the blooming flowers! Then you could set up something to do with the actual parade, like a festival grounds or a float. Both not required.

Do what you love and the happiness follows.
The reasons you want to stay can blind you to the realisation you don't love it anymore.
xoxo

MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I like that! I mean, the parade needs a destination, after all, right? Heck, we could even have the announcer's platform, or maybe the sponsors' (I am totally blanking on the next word. The thing that sponsors have at festsivals, where they show off their wares).

There's actually a lot of scope here, in a festival.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

When is the next round?
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
Peanutbutter

Post Counts

Post by Peanutbutter »

Mine is barely wintery and gloriously tacky. And I love it!

TS2- Compact Legacy Upd 10th Apr 20 | Sweetheart Legacy Completed!
Widespot Never Knew What Hit It! Upd 22nd Dec | Be A Flamingo Among Pigeons Upd 3rd Jan

TS3- Party On My Lawn! Upd 8th Jan

Other stuff- Simblr :: Dreamwidth :: MTS downloads

Blamsart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: 76561198311960642
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Blamsart »

Hhahhaha that's the spirit!