Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Holidays 2016 - Resolutions

Post by Heather »

Image Holidays 2016 - Resolutions Image

2016 is almost over, and whether you're looking forward to the new year (or not), post your personal resolutions for it here!

[hr]
Users who participate in at least 4 holiday events will be awarded a medal. Image
Message a staff moderator with links to your 4 posts to claim it!
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Holidays 2016 - Resolutions

Post by Jesslb429 »

My resolutions this years range from small to big.

My small one is to cut back on my soda intake. I've been trying for a while, but always fail. Now I'm realizing how it can affect my health and that is something I've started to worry about.

My big one is to have a plan in place to "leave the nest", so to say. I've set a hard deadline that I need one by the end of 2017, so I need to start planning and figuring out how to move on with my life.
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
Hollywood3015
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Hollywood3015 »

My resolution for this coming year is to do yoga at least 3 times a week. I started it and it was amazing but I'm not consistent.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

I don't really believe in New Year's Resolutions. I'm more into New Week's Resolutions.

But if I were to list things that I hope to accomplish during 2017, it'd be to:
- become better at getting head on with tasks instead of driving my anxiety up.
- trust teachers more instead of convincing myself that they wouldn't understand.
- bit by bit get rid of the toxic thought patterns that keep me from believing in my own self-worth.
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
Wynter
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Wynter »

Have a healthy pregnancy & baby born this August <3
Work out at least 3x a week & eat healthy to try and keep the weight down
Try not to stress out--find healthy pregnant & baby safe ways to relax

That's basically it for me for this year, but it should be enough to keep me busy!
Emily Whalers

Post Counts

Post by Emily Whalers »

1. Continue with my healthy lifestyle and exercise routine: I've managed to lose about 25-30 pounds since November 2015 (a lot when you are a short like me!), and I'm currently trying to maintain that weight. I want to focus more on my fitness this year, which means continuing to hit the gym at least 4 days a week, build more muscle, and continue working on my terrible endurance so I can run a 5k.
  2. Eat less meat: Over the past year I've realized that eating a lot of meat makes me feel disgusting, so after a lot of thought I'm going to reduce the amount of meat in my diet in 2017. I'm not sure if I will become completely vegetarian, but I need to eat way less meat than I am now, because too much makes me feel sleepy and heavy and bloated and anxious about consuming too much. The challenge in this will be balancing my meatless meals with my boyfriend's meals, because he has texture issues with veg protein, we love cooking together, and he's very good at cooking meat, which is why I'm hesitant to ditch it completely. Definitely eating less, though!
  3. Spend more time with my family: My dad was recently diagnosed with a neurodegenerative disease and is in poor health. I haven't seen my mom face-to-face since January (she never comes to my city, but my dad does on business - I swear I'm not avoiding her!), and she also had a health scare this year. I also haven't seen my grandmother since Christmas 2014, and not only is she getting up there, but she's my last surviving grandparent. I hate the town where my parents live (I refuse to call it my hometown, because it sucks so much), but I really should visit them more often and help them out with things that they can no longer do. I'm seeing them next week, but I really should make more of an effort to see them in person throughout the year.
  4. Keep reading!: This year I decided to read a book per week to get myself back into reading for fun, since I'm no longer in school. I've been pretty successful (So far I've read 46 books of my 52 book goal!) and I'd like to keep this up in the New Year, so on the resolution list it goes.
  5. Keep working on the Scatterdays: I have not been as successful at updating this year as I'd hoped, though I did have a good SimNaWriMo, but life and stuff gets in the way. I'd like to make some sort of progress on my legacy, whether it's finshing just one generation or the whole damn thing.
The Scatterday Matriarchy - Chapter 5.9 and 5.10 published October 31, 2016
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

1. Enjoy reading again
I haven't been reading as much lately and that makes me sad. I am only just making my goal of 52 books this year (I need one more!) but somehow managed 71 the year before. So yeah, I'll make a target of probably 40 or 50 books to read in 2017 but I hope more than anythign just to enjoy it again.

2. Draw more and keep adding to my online portfolio
If I want to go back to Uni in October I need to get a portfolio together and I started something online that I just need to keep adding to (it's the I'm Trying link in my signature if anyone is curious). I stopped adding as much in December and that's mainly due to work getting crazy busy for the holidays.

3. Finish my WIP
So I completed Nanowrimo in 2015 and I said last year I would finish it completely but I didn't. This is a roll over and I am hoping to finish my novel this year!

4. Get healthy
I need to exercise more and will hopefully join a gym to encourage this. I also would like to have more meals that are veggie/vegan and eat more fruit/veg (I deffo don't get all 5)

5. Finsh a sims challenge
I've only ever completed one!? So yeah, I'd like to get another one under my belt. It will hopefully be the Bairns 100 challenge although I'm sure now that will take longer than a year
candiedgala
Origin ID: ciaramei

Post Counts

Post by candiedgala »

1. My husband and I are going to try the paleo diet...

2. ...and I'm going to get on the treadmill more.

3. I need to get my blogging schedule under control.

4. I want to read a lot more and get through my huge to-read pile.
Candi0207

Post by Candi0207 »

My resolutions are to:

Finish my Bachelors of Science in Nursing in May 2017
Lose at least 10 pounds
Eat better
Stress Less
And finish my Uglacy Legacy... :christmas:
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

My resolution for 2017:

Lose weight
Read more and play games less
Get my Blog output on a better schedule.
nicholaplaysthesims
Steam ID: alpha_ddeathclaw
Origin ID: laaputa
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by nicholaplaysthesims »

2017:

DO NOT BUY ANY MORE CRAFT STUFF! (I have a huge stash so I'm gonna finish all my stuff off instead of buying new)
Lose weight (I lost 2stone this year so maybe another 1 would take me to my ideal weight)
Waterdragon

Post by Waterdragon »

2017 I want to:

Lose weight (sigh)
Throw away stuff that I haven´t used in ages, and won´t use ever again
Not stress about work that much
Do my taxes on time
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

In 2017 I want to:

Become more politically informed and participate in local elections. My ignorance this year was inexcusable. Something has to change,

Get back to updating my sim challenges at least twice a month.

Finish writing my novel. It's at 30,000 words because of Nano. I can finish it this year if I don't play around.

Take care of myself and my home better, depression and anxiety have been kicking my butt lately.

And last but not least save $1500+ by June so I can move without panicking about deposits.
simfulicious
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Origin ID: petunia302007

Post Counts

Post by simfulicious »

My resolutions are as follows, and hopefully by putting them in a public place it will help me actually do them :spin:

1. To keep an organized house...since we will be moving into our first house in a few weeks, I want to start off right by keeping it nice and clean and organized.
2. To read more...
3. To actually complete a challenge in the Sims...I have been playing since Sims 2 and I have hardly accomplished anything in any of the games, because I keep starting over and over again.
RavenAngel888
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: magpie2012
Origin ID: Ravenangel888
South Africa

Post Counts

Post by RavenAngel888 »

1) Keep up with my Legacy and posting it

2) Get ahead at work with the merger that's happening in March

3) Read more (and I count Sim stories as reading :toast: just so ya know)

4) Work on my health and try to stay healthy
You HAVE to read this!
The story of the Whitelight's
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

I'm the type of person who makes resolutions like 'start exercising' and 'stop being a lazy piece of shit', and then never even tries to follow through with them. :lol: So, here are the goals that are actually realistic enough for me to complete in the new year:

- Finish my thesis (preferably with a passing grade...)
- Make business cards to hand out at my grad show
- Shoot & write the rest of chapter 1.6 for my legacy
- Post at least one other update for my legacy in 2017

It's all art/sims related, because those are really the only things I do that I care about... :shifty:
Voguishstorm

Post Counts

Post by Voguishstorm »

I don't really ever plan resolutions according to New Year. I just take decisions whenever.
But in this case...

I'd like to be able to find a better balance in my life.
I'd like to start training again. It sucks to not even be able to go on walks.

Sadly both of these depend of if my health comes back, but I believe it will in 2017, which is why I'd like to make those my "resolutions".

Good success on your thesis Heather (Not good luck, it's not luck :P )
ImageImageImage
somebodysangel
Steam ID: somebodysangel
Origin ID: somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Post by somebodysangel »

As the majority of most people in this thread, I'm terrible with keeping resolutions, but will nevertheless make them.
  1. Finish/graduate university (finally!). Only one more subject, so on track for June 2017
  • Eat better; I tend to snack on crap and thus consume way more kJ than I should, even though breakfast/lunch/dinner is reasonably healthy.
  • Finish my EPIC legacy - about to start gen 8, so I expect this will be doable
  • Branch out more when reading - I tend to read my favourite authors/genres over and over, trying to expand my reading list. This is a repeat of a 2016 resolution, which was partially kept - I'd like to continue it further in 2017.
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
ABCs of Genetics ~ Minos Apocalypse ~ Young BISBI
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]
klmnz
New Zealand

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by klmnz »

Although I'm also a fan of New Week resolutions, I do have some big goals for 2017...

1. Finish my doctoral thesis and submit the dang thing!
2. Sit my oral defense for said thesis, complete any emendations, and really for real submit the final hardbounds
3. Graduate as a Doctor of Clinical Psychology in November 2017!
4. Learn how to drive my manual horse truck so I am not dependent on others to drive me and the horses places
5. Get a job (currently a full time doctoral student, one year has been long enough thanks)
6. Find a new place to rent

2016 has been a forced return to the student life, after working full time and looking after/riding two horses just wasn't compatible with finishing a thesis. I want 2017 to be a return to work, and feeling like life is moving forward instead of stagnating.
Hugotarian

Post by Hugotarian »

Simming-Related

1. First of all, I FINALLY want to actually finish writing a legacy. I have completed so many on my own but always seem to get caught up in the logistics of getting through them and never actually write the stories to go along with them. And I've truly struggled to like the way TS4 runs, which really hasn't helped with motivation.

2. I also have a super detailed method for running a Victorian town/city that I wan't to type up and make available to everyone. I have even spreadsheets! :) I know; I'm that person.

Non-Simming-Related

1. I graduate college this year and I want to do it with honors! We'll see how I do with my 60+ page honors thesis history paper...

2. Recently, I have taken on the challenge to eat one meal per day that is vegan. I am also severely allergic to legumes and nuts, so it isn't exactly easy. Feel free to message me if you have any tips! I desperately need them.

3. I'm teaching myself how to make bread! (Seriously it is so fun and such a great stress relief. For anyone interested for themselves, I recommend Josey Baker's books.

Return to “Christmas Archive”