Steam ID: gryffindork7
Origin ID: gryffindork7
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: Holidays 2016 - Resolutions

Post by Gryffindork »

I'm usually full of resolutions at this time of year, but 2016 has left me more unresolved than I've ever been in my life... I'm not entirely unhappy with where I am right now, but so many things are up in the air that I'm entering 2017 with a sort of " :fbomb: it" attitude that doesn't exactly lend itself to deep lifestyle changes. However, there are a couple of things that need to change regardless of where I end up next year:

Health: Finances have been tight this year, and somehow - "independent adult" that I am - the first thing to take the hit is always my grocery bill. I'm willing to admit at this point that I've been eating like an absolute idiot for the last few months (read: often not at all) and as a result, I've lost 10lbs and developed near-daily muscle cramps that can't be a sign of anything good. I'm only 23, for heaven's sake, so next year I'm resolving to put more effort into figuring out balanced meals I can make on a budget. I should also get to a doctor, something I haven't done in almost four years. (Edit: aaaand a week after writing this, I've thrown out my back to the point of being completely immobile for 12 hours... so that seals it, I officially need to stop falling apart. :P)

Home: I know there's a direct correlation between how scattered my home is and how scattered my brain is, but I'm so damned lazy I can never seem to do anything about it. So I want to start building some good habits like folding laundry as soon as it comes out of the dryer, washing dishes right after I cook - basically all the things my mom tried to breed into me when I was young and stubborn. ;) I'd also like to devote a certain amount of daily time to my cat, because he's still young, and I know his rotten personality is a result of my not playing with him enough. :(

Hobbies: I'd like to start making more of my own clothes - this is something I already do, but usually only when I have a specific occasion in mind, and when that occasion is only a few hours away and I have to do a rush job. (There's a skirt I made in September that I wear all the time but have yet to hem. :P) I also need to find a way to keep my writing in practice, because apparently being out of school has basically halved the number of words I produce in a week.

Friends (c-c-c-combo breaker...): I feel like I've grown apart from my friend group this year on account of always being too poor / not in the mood to go out with them. I used to optimistically think that my absence would be felt and they'd try harder to get me to join them, but it turns out that's not how it works, and it's actually me who needs to make the effort.

And finally, Sims! Boy have I slacked on my legacy this year. I swear - and this is my only concrete resolution for 2017 - that I will have played through Gen. 7 before the year is out. That's not even a lot, but I know well myself well enough by now not to promise too much. :P
Last edited by Gryffindork on December 29th, 2016, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
RavenAngel888
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: magpie2012
Origin ID: Ravenangel888
South Africa

Post Counts

Post by RavenAngel888 »

@somebodysangel what type of books do you like? I'm sure I could give you a stack of new names!

@Hugotarian not hundreds on a vegan diet, but, I'm pretty sure that salads (I adore potato salad and coleslaw) and mushrooms would work? You could also maybe have grilled fruit skewers? I find pineapple and apricots work best for that...

@Griff I'm so with you on the health and home resolutions. I'm slacking there too. And I really do need to get my legacy past the 1st gen lol especially since the gen 2 heir has been chosen already!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
You HAVE to read this!
The story of the Whitelight's
DSLady
Steam ID: dslady13
Ireland

Post Counts

Post by DSLady »

I actually have a few resolutions this year, some that I might be able to make come true, or at least put some thought into making them realities.

My book - I have been working on this thing since I was 14 (I'm now 20), and it has been through countless plot changes and character tweaks. All the characters have had new names and personality adjustments to make them less flat and boring (in my opinion) and have a little more depth and potential for development. The setting has changed and been developed (though I'm still lacking a map and an official 'lay of the land'), and I'm finally happy with it. The only thing now, is to actually start writing it! I'd love to say my resolution would be to finish it by the end of 2017, but I know that's complete wishful thinking and highly unlikely. In that mind, my resolution is to have another 60k words (5k a month), or to be where I consider halfway.

My health - I've been saying for months now that I want to lose weight. I don't actually eat a lot, but I don't eat the right things. I'm prone to skipping meals and then eating biscuits and other snacky things to make up for it. I tried tricking myself into exercise in the form of Just Dance, and it worked for a while, but then I got busier and gave up on that, too.

My legacy - Gosh darn it, I want to finish the damn thing! I'm onto the birth of Generation Seven, so I should be an achievable goal, but who knows. My legacy is only about 18 months old, so to be at generation six/seven already is (for me) quite a feat. I'd also like to finish my EPIC, and start my next challenge!

Friends - I need to not neglect my Internet friends; people I don't see often or at all, people I don't have on Facebook etc, and make more of an effort to talk to them. I also need to make more of an effort to see my other friends, and to not lose touch with people from my current store when I transfer to the new one.

I think that about covers it for me, I don't like setting lots of resolutions, because then I'm convinced I'll never meet any of them, and end up doing exactly that because I stop trying!
The Gordon Legacy - Complete?
The Hot Ladies Association - Liv's Adventures in TS4
Chels
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Steam ID: Chiance
Origin ID: Chelsey_m23
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Chels »

1. I want to learn to play the violin
2. Go to the gym more....
3. Play more sims and try to get at least half way through a legacy and finish it in 2018! :plumbob:
Cororon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweden

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Cororon »

1. Eat healthier food. :pizza:
2. Play my game more! :spin:
3. Find new spider friends! :heart:
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

I only really have one for this coming year ....

to quit smoking!!

I tried a few times in 2016 ... am hoping in 2017 I have better luck!!
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
Siem

Post Counts

Post by Siem »

One thing for me:
Listen to what my body can do, not what I want it to be able to do.

Return to “Christmas Archive”