Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Halloween 2016: Creepypasta

Post by Heather »

Image Halloween 2016: Creepypasta Image

This event has nothing to do with actual pasta; I just really wanted to use that smiley. Use this thread to share some spooky stories, whether those be original ones you've written, or your favourites from around the web! If you are posting a copy of/a link to someone else's work, please be sure to credit! :thup:

If you are interested in submitting your writing to November's Halloween-themed Writing Contest, you can do so here! :)

Participating in at least 3 events will earn you a festive medal. Image
PM a staff moderator (pink username) with links to your three posts to claim it!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Halloween 2016: Creepypasta

Post by Ani-Mei »

One of my favourite stories, it was done in 2011 for Boolprop 2.0 where we had to write an origin story for our teams. I was Team Ghost, I have used this a lot and I still love it.
Spoiler:
Boolprop 2011:
Monster Story Telling Event

The Day I Died:

The day I died was just an ordinary day like any other, warm, sunny, cloudless skies above. But little did I know that this would be my last day to see that sun. I was just coming home from work, the traffic was not heavy and I was on my bike. I don’t drive you see, far too many drunks out there who just don’t care about laws that say Don’t Drink and Drive. So I never drove. Why waste money and time paying for a vehicle when the gas prices never stop climbing and the insurance rates just keep soaring and soaring higher?

Well, today I had chosen to take advantage of the recently created bicycle path that the mayor of the city decided to finally build. I guess he finally saw the number of us cyclists and decided that if he wanted to stay in office then he’d better accommodate us. I had my iPod on, and my ear buds in; I never even heard the car behind me. The next thing I remember was lying on my side, struggling to breathe. You see that car was being driven by one of those drunks whom I had always feared, it was only 5 pm in the afternoon and the bastard was already tanked. All I could think was “Why me?” I had never hurt a soul in my short 28 years of life, I just started seeing a wonderful man; we had so many plans, we wanted to get married. It would be the first marriage for both of us, you see. I was so happy and contented. This guy who looked and smelled like he’d been hitting more than just the bar, I knew the smell of pot when it came my way (not that I was a user of it, I had roommates who were.)

This guy, he stopped and staggered over to me; another car was driving past and I remember hearing it pull over and more feet head towards me. It’s amazing what you can hear when you’re about to die. The guy who hit me was still staggering around, I am not sure if he was even coherent enough to realize what he’d done to me. The other driver, as it turned out, was an ER doctor who was just on his way to start his shift at the hospital. He examined me briefly then pulled out his cell phone. “Stay still, help is coming, the hospital is very close by.” He said to me. I could only cry, my lungs were screaming for air but the ribs that were pressing into them made that impossible. I wanted to take a breath just one breath to scream with, the pain was excruciating.

Then I saw it, my life flash before my eyes; as one would expect when the Reaper is at your door. I saw my parents, my sister and my three year old nephew, I knew my sister was pregnant again but I’d never live to see that baby, I knew that now. Then I saw my boyfriend; oh I’m so sorry baby, we won’t get to have that life together like we planned on. I am not going to make it. Last thing I heard was the ambulance sirens; then nothing…it all went black.

After I died:

I never crossed over into the light like I was supposed to, I stayed behind. I saw my funeral. It was lovely by the way; everyone was there even my sister and her new baby son. I had another nephew, he was so cute. Then I saw my boyfriend he was weeping over my coffin, I went to him he looked down into my still, white face; at least they didn’t cake on too much makeup. That I was grateful for, I never wore much when I was alive anyway. “I did love you, that day you asked me if I did. But you shocked me when you asked so I stumbled over the answer. I wish I had told you that…before, before this happened.” My boyfriend said.

I stayed with him after I was buried, I wanted so bad to tell him I loved him too, to say he was the one I wanted to be with forever. But all I did was stay near him, perhaps I was trying to keep him company, or I just couldn’t bear to leave him. Either way, I stayed by his side. I saw what my death did to him, how it hurt. I remember seeing his brother and his father try to get him out of the house again, to be with other people, but he never did. Maybe I should have left him be, I got the feeling he knew I was haunting him and that was why he never wanted to go out. But I was lonely; I didn’t want to leave him, even if I was probably holding him back from moving on with his life. I did haunt my family too, my sister especially. I knew my nephew could see me, the older one too. We talked; it was fun to get to really know them. When I was alive, I never saw them a lot; once a year if we were lucky. I did that a lot, haunting my boyfriend, my sister, even my parents occasionally. But when you’re a ghost, you have no concept of time, for you, it’s eternal. I saw my family age, my boyfriend too. He never did find anyone else after me, and I know now it was probably my haunting him that did it. So when he finally took his life at what I guessed was age 45, we were reunited once more.

“Why did you never find anyone else?” I had asked him, when he met me in the Tunnel. He only smiled at me and said; “Because I never wanted to. I couldn’t.” I felt guilt, a human emotion that I had thought died when I did, apparently not.

“We can go now, I waited for you.” He said.

“I’d like that.” I replied.

Then, together, we walked into the Light. We both knew then that we would finally have that life we wanted together, even if it was the Afterlife.

THE END
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

I don't write stories (no talent), but here is a favorite.
Spoiler:
THE RAVEN

BY EDGAR ALLAN POE

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
“‘Tis some visitor,” I muttered, “tapping at my chamber door-
Only this, and nothing more.”

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December,
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.
Eagerly I wished the morrow;- vainly I had sought to borrow
From my books surcease of sorrow- sorrow for the lost Lenore-
For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels name Lenore-
Nameless here for evermore.

And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each purple curtain
Thrilled me- filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before;
So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating,
“‘Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door-
Some late visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door;-
This it is, and nothing more.”

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,
“Sir,” said I, “or Madam, truly your forgiveness I implore;
But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you came rapping,
And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door,
That I scarce was sure I heard you”- here I opened wide the door;-
Darkness there, and nothing more.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortals ever dared to dream before;
But the silence was unbroken, and the stillness gave no token,
And the only word there spoken was the whispered word, “Lenore!”
This I whispered, and an echo murmured back the word, “Lenore!”-
Merely this, and nothing more.

Back into the chamber turning, all my soul within me burning,
Soon again I heard a tapping somewhat louder than before.
“Surely,” said I, “surely that is something at my window lattice:
Let me see, then, what thereat is, and this mystery explore-
Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore;-
‘Tis the wind and nothing more.”

Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
In there stepped a stately raven of the saintly days of yore;
Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;
But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door-
Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door-
Perched, and sat, and nothing more.

Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore.
“Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,” I said, “art sure no craven,
Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore-
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night’s Plutonian shore!”
Quoth the Raven, “Nevermore.”

Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning- little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blest with seeing bird above his chamber door-
Bird or beast upon the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as “Nevermore.”

But the raven, sitting lonely on the placid bust, spoke only
That one word, as if his soul in that one word he did outpour.
Nothing further then he uttered- not a feather then he fluttered-
Till I scarcely more than muttered, “other friends have flown before-
On the morrow he will leave me, as my hopes have flown before.”
Then the bird said, “Nevermore.”

Startled at the stillness broken by reply so aptly spoken,
“Doubtless,” said I, “what it utters is its only stock and store,
Caught from some unhappy master whom unmerciful Disaster
Followed fast and followed faster till his songs one burden bore-
Till the dirges of his Hope that melancholy burden bore
Of ‘Never- nevermore’.”

But the Raven still beguiling all my fancy into smiling,
Straight I wheeled a cushioned seat in front of bird, and bust and door;
Then upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore-
What this grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt and ominous bird of yore
Meant in croaking “Nevermore.”

This I sat engaged in guessing, but no syllable expressing
To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into my bosom’s core;
This and more I sat divining, with my head at ease reclining
On the cushion’s velvet lining that the lamplight gloated o’er,
But whose velvet violet lining with the lamplight gloating o’er,
She shall press, ah, nevermore!

Then methought the air grew denser, perfumed from an unseen censer
Swung by Seraphim whose footfalls tinkled on the tufted floor.
“Wretch,” I cried, “thy God hath lent thee- by these angels he
hath sent thee

Respite- respite and nepenthe, from thy memories of Lenore!
Quaff, oh quaff this kind nepenthe and forget this lost Lenore!”

“Prophet!” said I, “thing of evil!- prophet still, if bird or devil!-
Whether Tempter sent, or whether tempest tossed thee here ashore,
Desolate yet all undaunted, on this desert land enchanted-
On this home by horror haunted- tell me truly, I implore-
Is there- is there balm in Gilead?- tell me- tell me, I implore!”

“Prophet!” said I, “thing of evil- prophet still, if bird or devil!
By that Heaven that bends above us- by that God we both adore-
Tell this soul with sorrow laden if, within the distant Aidenn,
It shall clasp a sainted maiden whom the angels name Lenore-
Clasp a rare and radiant maiden whom the angels name Lenore.”

“Be that word our sign in parting, bird or fiend,” I shrieked, upstarting-
“Get thee back into the tempest and the Night’s Plutonian shore!
Leave no black plume as a token of that lie thy soul hath spoken!
Leave my loneliness unbroken!- quit the bust above my door!
Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!”

And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon’s that is dreaming,
And the lamplight o’er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor Shall be lifted- nevermore!

-THE END-
Emily Whalers

Post Counts

Post by Emily Whalers »

I'm terrible at writing creepy stuff, so here's one of my favourite old Pokémon creepypastas. (I know, I know, I'm so cool.)

Pokémon Black/Creepy Black - I'd copy and paste the text here, but fanfiction.net doesn't seem to allow this.
The Scatterday Matriarchy - Chapter 5.9 and 5.10 published October 31, 2016
Cororon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweden

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Cororon »

I had a nightmare last year that I wrote down to remember:
Spoiler:
I moved in to a big building where about 200 people lived in a community. Hippiedippie showed me to my room. It had matte black walls and two dressers. Hippie said that there's usually one more dresser, and there was, it was just that the open door hid it. Hippie reacted when she saw it. "Could it be?" Then she screamed "The fifth drawer! The fifth drawer!" and ran out. I followed her outdoors, where she lit a cigarette to try to calm down. I asked her what was going on, and she explained that that dresser contained evil spirits used by the goth-zombies. She said that a couple of her friends had been taken by them. She then gave me her phone and showed me a Deviant Art page and said "look at it yourself, I don't want to see the pics"

Whoa, it was the goth-zombies DA page, and it had pics of people while they were being tortured by them. Then I saw a folder with a drawn pic of me, and another one with me screaming in pain. It scared me because they obviously had plans for me.

Later I went to the dining room to get me something to eat. There were others there, eating and talking. It felt safe. I picked up a plate, and then a little girl came. She had long black hair and was very pale. She asked me to come with her to help her find a puppy in her room. I followed her to her room, it was next to the dining room. When I got in there, the door was closed behind me. And the Zombie Queen stepped in front of me with a smile and studied me. Other zombies came (maybe 7), and I was trapped.

The Zombie Queen told the zombie man (her husband?) to undress me. He did, and then he forced me down on a bed. He held my legs down, and the Zombie Queen sat on me. She took a rubber hammer and struck me on my forehead and said "remember!, remember! Are you one of us?" I screamed "no, I'm not a zombie!!"

She was pleased with that. She then took some pins in her hand and said she would use them on me if I didn't obey them. I asked her to please let me go. Then she pulled me up and threw me on my stomach on another bed, and behind the pillow where small dollhouse toys. She explained that the toys were people she had dealt with before and transformed with magic. It was sad. I could see that the toys were alive. One of Hippie's friends had been turned into a little TV.

I told the Zombie Queen that I promised that I would obey her. She looked pleased. Then I quickly turned around and ran out the door. I ran into an empty room. Oops, I was trapped. Then someone put a blanket over the open door opening, with the writing "Poison Gas". I said "nooo" and wanted to get out from there. Then the male zombie grabbed my wrist and they took me to a black bus. I was dressed before we climbed on the bus.

The bus was half full of zombies. The male zombie sat next to me, and he held his hand in a firm grip around my wrist. I asked where we were going, and he replied "To a place where there is a bigger cauldron". Ok, so they were going to eat me.

Luckily, the bus was stopped by the police. They said that they had a report of a stolen bus, and we were asked to step out. I took my chance and ran. (weird. I should just have told the police what was going on).

I ran in the forest. It was frost on the ground. I ran and ran until I came to a place with abandoned apartment houses. I thought I heard something and ran into an apartment to hide. I climbed into a cupboard. Then someone came and said "we got her!"

Then the phone rang irl, and I woke up.

Return to “Halloween Archive”