Merry Grace Wonder Child ~completed 9/1/18~

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Merry Grace Wonder Child ~completed 9/1/18~

Post by Teresa »

I decided to create another wonder child for some randomly vague reason related to the idea that I think I can do better than I have in the past and I will then use her to be the first matriarch in my upcoming 100 baby challenge. 

I have also decided to use this challenge as my entry into the SimNaNoWriMo on Boolprop for 2018.  I am going for Gold this year, so fingers crossed.

Completed and Posted
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Merry Grace Wonder Child ~completed 9/1/18~

Post by Teresa »

I have played and completed the challenge. All updates have been posted. My wonder child has been uploaded to the gallery.
Rawla
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Origin ID: Rawla
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Rawla »

Congrats on completing the challenge! :party:
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Woo, thanks!
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Woah what a ride! :lol: All at once! I'm going to have to give this a good read! :thup: I can't wait! Now if only I could just complete my homework as fast :roll: :lol:
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

You and me both. I have my homework scheduled for in the morning. With Merry done, now I have to finish the OWBC so I won't be distracted from my homework and I can actually spend my time writing on those essays instead LOL
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Omg, you did amazing! Is there anyway you can write a guide on the skill stacking? I just never really tried and I am apparently a horrible simmer because it takes my sims weeks to learn a skill.

I can't wait for the 100 babies!
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Do you want me to go ahead and move this to the completed section, Teresa, or would you like to hold off a bit?
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Congrats on finishing this one Teresa. Gotta admit Sims 4 toddlers are very cute. I know nothing about Sims 4 as I just have never been able to get into it, but that's likely cause I suck at it. LOL I've never even managed to finish an aspiration and honestly never played with those aspiration potions before. I was just like all you get is stupid potions with those hard earned points? Pfft pathetic. Looks like those potions are actually pretty handy though...LOL Anyway Merry will be fun having 100 babies for ya I'm sure.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Livvielove wrote:Do you want me to go ahead and move this to the completed section, Teresa, or would you like to hold off a bit?
Since this for Simnano let's leave it for a bit. Thanks!
mysterymusic7 wrote:Congrats on finishing this one Teresa. Gotta admit Sims 4 toddlers are very cute. I know nothing about Sims 4 as I just have never been able to get into it, but that's likely cause I suck at it. LOL I've never even managed to finish an aspiration and honestly never played with those aspiration potions before. I was just like all you get is stupid potions with those hard earned points? Pfft pathetic. Looks like those potions are actually pretty handy though...LOL Anyway Merry will be fun having 100 babies for ya I'm sure.
Thanks. She is really fun to play.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Jenn wrote:Omg, you did amazing! Is there anyway you can write a guide on the skill stacking? I just never really tried and I am apparently a horrible simmer because it takes my sims weeks to learn a skill.

I can't wait for the 100 babies!
I will list out what I did tomorrow. I have never had a sim skill that fast so it really surprised me when she started leveling so fast.

OK, here is what Merry did. She didn't really see the super speed skill building until she was a teen. I am sure child was faster but it wasn't super fast.
  • As a Toddler she maxed all skills, gained the Top Notch Toddler trait (25% increase)
  • As a Child, she completed all four aspirations (and related traits) and she reached top level scouting, gained the Scouting Aptitude trait (25% increase I believe).
  • She bought Morning Sim, Night Owl, and Savant traits.
  • She started a club gathering and kept it running constantly. She bought all of the club perk skill bonuses over the course of the challenge. This also increases the speed skills build but I am not sure the rate.
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Ok, I couldn't stop myself, I read it all in one swoop!
Spoiler:
Baby: Castor and Portia are gorgeous, so I was not surprised at all that Merry Grace is equally beautiful (well, you know, when she's older, all babies look the same). All those crazy aspirations and... wait mood solvers can stop needs from decaying? Why didn't I think about that? That's incredible!

Toddler: The SILLY toddler? How adorable! I laughed so hard at the Hitchhiker's Guide to the galaxy reference! It's 42, obviously! All those adorable faces! I LOVED the ask why montage! Asking why always cracks me up. Also I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who struggles with a toddler's sleep-schedule in this game! You crushed those toddler skills though, it's the child skills I'm itching to see! The little toddler tantrums were so adorable. At least she wasn't Lexi! :lol:

Child: What a beautiful girl! She looks so much like her mother! Her eyes are gorgeous! Of course she's MEAN :roll: She'll be one MEAN mama. ;) I'm absolutely floored by how fast you're maneuvering skills! I don't have Seasons (and wasn't planning on it anytime soon) but you're really tempting me with the Scouts bonus! Hahaha, I must say for a child who'll do and know many, many things she certainly lacks the common sense! Good thing you had the smart idea to put her coat on her before she froze to death! Kids - I swear they always think they know better than their parents.

Teen: When you were talking about how FAST her skills were going up I was completely flabberghasted. You're making me want to try some things out for my legacy. Usually I save aspiration points for Connections because the job grind is just merciless. I've also never done a part-time job before either, so it's cool to know good grades benefit there too! I think my jaw literally dropped when you showed the montage of skills then followed it up with "now she's got 10 days left--" :jawdrop: Also saw the "not attempting - herbalism" and smirked - what, after your OWBC you didn't race off to do as MUCH herbalism as you POSSIBLY could? :lol: :sly:

Adult: She's absolutely stunning! She's going to make a perfect genetic start for 100 children. Mean AND hot-headed? What a treat! At least she didn't get dislikes children! :lol: I love her little AU boy she's got. Did you ever see what her child looked like? I mean I guess we'll find out almost ALL the possibilities for that in the coming challenge, so I guess I see what you put that off :cheeky: So sad Castor died before he could see his grandchild!
What a funny, wonderful challenge! Congratulations on completing! :thup:

Edit to add a quote from Carl's on Skill Gain Bonus from Clubs:
Spoiler:
I did test several of them and the results were the same. I don't know if this is an error, or intended because you're possibly around other Sims who are learning the same thing and going off one another's skill gains, but gains were increased by 250%. A Sim learning guitar for the first time took 227 minutes of 'Practice' to go from level 1 to 2. My Sim in a club with the Guitar Skill Boost Perk got that level in only 90 minutes. Similar results were found when testing Painting, and these Sims weren't even in the Ideal Mood.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Livvie,
Spoiler:
I saw the numbers from Carl's and that does match up with how fast the skills went up for her as a teen because they would have been combined with Scouts bonus and the Top Notch Toddler bonus and the traits she bought that help skill building. In fact, hers went up even faster as she leveled cooking, gourmet cooking, and baking (all three from 1-10) in about 30 real time minutes playing on speed 3. I started her a little after 6 am and I left for work at 6:35.
I did test several of them and the results were the same. I don't know if this is an error, or intended because you're possibly around other Sims who are learning the same thing and going off one another's skill gains, but gains were increased by 250%. A Sim learning guitar for the first time took 227 minutes of 'Practice' to go from level 1 to 2. My Sim in a club with the Guitar Skill Boost Perk got that level in only 90 minutes. Similar results were found when testing Painting, and these Sims weren't even in the Ideal Mood.
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

Congrats on completing the challenge! Merry is WONDERful (haha) and I can't wait to see her have 100 babies. :)

Return to “Sims 4 Completed Stories”