Trial by Baelfire: An Apocalypse Challenge Feb 05/17

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
wagonfruit

Trial by Baelfire: An Apocalypse Challenge Feb 05/17

Post by wagonfruit »

A Sims 4 Apocalypse Challenge for your reading pleasure!

We're using Pinstar's official rules found here.

Chapter One

Chapter Two

Chapter Three

Chapter Four

Chapter Five

Chapter Six New: Feb 5 2017

Enjoy! :woot:
Last edited by wagonfruit on February 5th, 2017, 10:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: Trial by Baelfire: An Apocalypse Challenge

Post by Taube »

This was a great start. :) I've started an apocalypse too, but I haven't gotten very far because I'm very paranoid that I'm breaking rules. It's an intimidating ruleset, so I wish you luck, and I am interested to see how you juggle it!
Spoiler:
I love Moxie. She is so tough-looking, but that doesn't define her personality. Good job on that. She and Miles make a super cute couple, and I loved her interactions with the townsfolk and her chance card problems. I'm excited to see the future child(ren?) and how Moxie and Miles deal with a family in the apocalypse. You know what would be kind of awful and hilarious at the same time, though? If you got triplets and the third bassinet dumped somewhere inconvenient. Just an annoying thought for you. Anyway, great first chapter! I'm looking forward to more.
wagonfruit

Post by wagonfruit »

Thanks very much! :fluffy:
You're spot on about the intimidating rules; I think I've read them over more than a dozen times already, check, double-check, triple-check...and I'm sure someone will eventually spot something I'm doing wrong!

And thanks for the Founder/Spouse love, they're a good pair of kids so far!
Believe you me, the bassinet thing crossed my mind, but there's no way the game would be that cruel, would it? :shiftyeyes:
Mysle86

Post by Mysle86 »

I really like your story, and I´m looking forward to read more.
Spoiler:
But I´m pretty sure you can buy a bookcase for your home. The restrictions in the author career says:

The libraries and the bookstores are gone. Only stray books can be found these days. If your Sim wants to read more than the handful of books that come with new bookshelves, they had better hope they know a local author or write one themselves.

You may not order books from bookshelves or online, and may not visit library lots (even if visiting other lots is otherwise allowed).

Completion

The written word is indeed powerful and your prolific author has penned enough books to restock the entire region and setup an ordering service for sims to buy books from the outside world. The money earned from all this is used to rebuild the regional libraries.

You just can´t order more books. Atleast thats how i understand it :) I´m not saying it to be a smart-ass, just to maybe help you out :) And if i misunderstood it, i´ve been cheating a lot :D My founders spouse is also trying to top the journalist career.
wagonfruit

Post by wagonfruit »

Thanks very much for drawing my attention to that excerpt! I always appreciate help when I overlook something...especially when it helps me out :mrgreen:

Sorry for the late reply...I really do need to set up email notifications!

Anyhow, anyone still reading this is welcome to go and have a boo at Chapter Two...yes, I do feel like I need to tighten up my posting time frames a little if I want folks to actually bother with reading this challenge :wink:

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”