Build Newcrest Challenge: Garden of Eden Added 8/21/2015

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
Hrootbeer
Origin ID: Hrootbeer

Build Newcrest Challenge: Garden of Eden Added 8/21/2015

Post by Hrootbeer »

Hello all! I decided to try a Sims 4 challenge when I discovered Vanilla Sim's Build Newcrest Challenge.

My founder is Eden Gardener. Her story can be read on my blog: Garden of Eden
I plan to do only a few "chapters" per generation. I just don't have time to devote to full-out stories. Of course, this may change as I get more into it. If people are familiar with my Twinbrook Fields Legacyfor Sims 3, you know I do like to tell a story.

Anyway here are the posts:

Generation One: Park--Eden Gardener
1. A New Beginning
2. An Abundant Harvest
Generation Two: Family--Adam Gardener
3. Keeping it Together
Last edited by Hrootbeer on August 21st, 2015, 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hrootbeer

Re: Build Newcrest Challenge: Garden of Eden Added 8/2/2015

Post by Hrootbeer »

Oh wow, and update!

An Abundant Harvest
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

This looks like a really interesting challenge and you've made a great start of it. I liked Eden's narration style and her story a lot. I'm looking forward to more. :)
Hrootbeer

Post by Hrootbeer »

Thank you. I like the challenge. I'm not trying to do a huge narration and complicated story. It should all go very quickly. Here's the next installment:Keeping it Together.
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: Build Newcrest Challenge: Garden of Eden Added 8/21/2015

Post by Taube »

I thought this chapter was really, well, beautiful. Even if you're not going for a complicated story (which is fine, sometimes the complications overtake the story, in my opinion), you've got really strong voices for your characters, and you've written their story in a way that feels true to life. :)
Spoiler:
Jacob's opinion on bills is pretty much mine, too. In fact, I may have said pretty much that exact line before! I like that you're bringing in a sim with kids already, and how you wrote them. Since I mostly read legacies, I hardly ever see anyone have a single mom join the family. I also thought the boys' grief, especially that it comes back at happy times but is bittersweet, was very poignant. I lost someone really important to me some years ago and I feel like that every holiday and birthday, so it really rung true to me. This was an excellent chapter, and the garden made a really beautiful wedding venue. I'm excited to see what you build up in the future!

Return to “Sims 4 Story Graveyard”