The Miskin Legacy: From Misery to Merit? (COMPLETE 10/05/18)

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
bookloverblue
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Re: The Miskin Legacy: From Misery to Merit? (COMPLETE 10/05

Post by bookloverblue »

cynicalbadger wrote:Congrats on finishing, Blue!!!!
Many thanks, Badger! Glad to see you back again, hope life is treating you well.
Spoiler:
I did have an idea to do a one-off romance/fairytalesque story with Mina, which is hinted at in the ending, but knowing my luck, that'll lead to adorable babies, and then I'll have ANOTHER legacy to complete!

Right now, I'm focusing on my Victorian asylum story, then I might have a blast at a 26 baby / "Who's Your Daddy?" challenge with a completely new character.
bookloverblue
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by bookloverblue »

A huge thank you to whoever nominated The Miskin Legacy in the categories of "Best Completed Story" and "Best Plot in a Completed Story" for the Golden Plumbobs 2018!

I'm highly flattered and honoured - it is much appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I just finished reading the entire Miskin Legacy. And I loved it! Awesome job!!
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
bookloverblue
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by bookloverblue »

Many thanks, Teresa! Any particular highlights? Just curious.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

bookloverblue wrote:Many thanks, Teresa! Any particular highlights? Just curious.
I do have some comments – I didn’t have time to post last night because it was late when I finished reading, and I needed to get to bed as I get up way too early for work – but I had to finish reading since I was so close to the end. Also, I actually remember dreaming about several of the Miskins although I don’t remember the specifics. I just remember my cat waking me up and me having a picture of one of them in my head at the time. So, I was apparently replaying one of the scenes I had read in my dreams. I am trying to remember what it was and if I do I will post it later.

I enjoyed how each generation’s story was different – it wasn’t the same rinse and repeat – get married, have babies – as the one before. It didn’t feel like you were playing a challenge either even though they knew about their legacy. And even though each generation had a different story to tell, it never felt disjointed moving from one to the next. (I hope I say this the way I mean it). Reading it through (it took me about two weeks total) it felt like I was reading a series of books that follows a single family through the years (and basically that is what you did).
Spoiler:
Some of the things I liked… I really liked how you had Heaven set up with all the characters that had passed on as their younger selves where they were reunited. I loved the group picture at the end. I liked the trophy room and how we never saw it until the end. I liked how it came full circle with Mally traveling into the past to talk to Myron to make sure the legacy began. I like how there were aliens and vampires interspersed throughout the legacy. And, I like how you did the imaginary friends.

Now, I will answer your questions…
1: Whose voice do you hear/imagine when Max and Zara sing?
  • Zara – Annie Lennox
  • Max – Freddy Mercury
2: Do you imagine the Miskins talking with British accents, American accents, or something else? Due to myself being British and the game’s setting being more American-inspired, I feel they’ve become a strange mish-mash of the two.
  • I hear them as American accents (except for Mo and Clyde who were always British to me) although there was a point where it seemed your writing seemed to become more British – or maybe I became aware that you were British and I started noticing the little differences.
  • Cassandra was definitely Greek because of how you introduced her.
  • Roxy was Bronx or Jersey because of the vibe she gives off.
  • Maven was Irish – I always want to make vampires Irish/Celtic for some reason.
  • Nimue seemed like a southern belle – I could hear her with a southern accent.
3: Dream casting for the Miskins? (Any actor/actress living or dead. I’ll give this some thought too.)
  • These are the only ones that really pop out at me with casting.
    • Max reminds me of someone but I can’t put my finger on who.
    • Myron – John Cusack
    • Cassandra – Catherine Bell
    • Mordecai – young James Spader (when he had hair)
4: Favourite character outside the family? (While writing, I grew to love Theo and Mo so much, I simply had to give them their fairytale ending together.)
  • This is hard to narrow down – I feel like they are all a part of the family – and all the characters I wanted to see good things happen to eventually became part of the family – maybe that is why it is hard to choose a favorite character outside of the family.
  • I will say that I think Mordecai is my favorite of the boys. I can’t exactly say why, but when I look at the list and their pictures, his is the one that I pick out.
As for Mina – I would love to see what you do with her once you finish you Who’s Your Daddy challenge… {hint, hint} :wink:
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories

Return to “Sims 4 Completed Stories”