The Rad Legacy: Done and Dusted...Sorta! 26th July '17

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Genevieve Peyton

Re: The Rad Legacy: Fifteen! 7th July!

Post by Genevieve Peyton »

You take such beautiful pictures! I am super jealous. I love how you capture all of Alison's amazing faces. I am off to read the last section you have up :)
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Sixteen! 13th July!

Post by Sam »

Taube:
Spoiler:
Glad you think so. I've been working a heck of a lot lately, so playing and updating is a nice break :) It's great right? All girls til we get a new 'hood! I totally had forgotten what male kids were like, so it's been quite an experience. I love Prince! I think Jasper is my favourite, shh don't tell Mikel! I was so excited for baby three - I can't wait for you guys to meet them!
Genevieve Peyton:
Thank you! I'm pleased you like my legacy.

Thanks for your comments, guys! Have another update! :cookie:
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Spoiler:
Prince sleeping outside the hospital had me giggling. What did you think of the birth/surgery machine? Personally, I found it traumatizing but I know some people find it amusing. :haha: Yay! A girl! We haven't seen one of those before. :P Izzie is a . . . wait for it . . . rad name. :sly: Anyway, I love her hat with that hair!! Is that the GTW bob and is it enabled for kids and I've just been missing it all this time or do you have a CC version of it? The genes are quite good this generation, but the Rads have always been pretty and Mr. Catalog Model didn't hurt. So excited to see how the kids grow up next. They're an amusing bunch!
Great chapter! :D
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Spoiler:
He just couldn't stay awake, bless him. As for the birthing machine, I'm not sure. I can see why people find it traumatic, and I wasn't 100% enjoying watch Kassidy do that, but I didn't hate it either, really. Mixed feelings! Lol, I was pleased to see Izzie was a girl - I hope it means the gender skew is fixed or whatever. I love that hat so much! It's a CC hair, Kiara converted it here. Any hairs I use come from there :) I'm blessed with quite pretty sims, I think! And handsome, catalogue model spouses! I'm thinking the heir poll will probably come at the end of the next chapter!
Thanks!
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Spoiler:
Ooh, thanks for the link. So much pretty! This'll be a tough heir poll for sure. :)
Genevieve Peyton

Post by Genevieve Peyton »

Kassidy is so pretty, and all of her kids are adorable too. I loved that the girl Mikel is going after plays coy. I think it's so cute when they do that! Oh...sims. I also think Izzie Rad sounds like an awesome band name.
jessika

Post by jessika »

Spoiler:
Aww, I love Izzie! Her look is so adorable! Jasper is pretty cute, too, though!

It sucks that Prince got old. I always end up marrying people that end up aging to an elder much faster, too. Kind of annoying! I noticed that from Teen to YA, they pretty much stay the same (just get taller), and when they turn into Adults, they get some wrinkles around their mouth but that's about it. I'd say the most dramatic change is from Child to Teen. Adult to Elder, they just get a little more wrinkles and get grey.
apocalypticautumn
Steam ID: attackonautumn
Origin ID: attackonautumn

Post Counts

Post by apocalypticautumn »

Happily procrastinated my day away reading all of this~~ :smooch:
[spoiler]Grimmy maaay be my favorite character in this legacy, haha. You just capture him so perfectly! :brrr:
Laptop implosion is devastating :ouch but I really like how you rebuilt the Rad legacy from the ashes. :heart:
Already calling that the heir poll is gonna be cloooose this time around.[/spoiler]
Autumn, Lv26 Magikarp✰
[spoiler]Currently Playing
TS2 - A B Chester: A Giekey Alphabetacy [May 31]
TS3 - The Spectrum's Rainbow Roulette

Elsewhere

Apocalyptic Sims :plumbob: Magikarp Wow
Tweeter&Backloggery[/spoiler]
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Seventeen! 2nd August!

Post by Sam »

Genevieve:
I'm quite lucky when it comes to attractive sims, don't you think? Mikel and Olivia were a lot of fun to watch together! And Izzie sounds like a rockstar, but we'll see what she really turns out to be! Thanks for your comment!

jessika:
Spoiler:
I'm quite lucky when it comes to cute sims, I think!

It's really hard to tell ages apart, isn't it? And life is over before you know it in TS4! I shall try to be better in the future. I wish there were a few more changes between the stages, but oh well! Thanks for your comment!
Autumn:
Spoiler:
Wow, you read a lot in one day!
He's most likely my favourite character to write in observational stories, I just have so much fun with him!
I was planning to move the generation 5 heir onto a big lot at the start of their generation, as I didn't do it in the beginning, but the implosion saved me from having to do that! It was fun rebuilding, but I do miss Dusty and the twins!
I have no idea who's going to win!

Thanks for your comment!

Who wants an update? :D
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Spoiler:
I love all the Izzie spam! She's got quite the personality as a kid, and I love that she's always pestering her brothers. "Mr. Death was my father" is a great line! Sad/funny that Prince's death off-lot means you can't move the urn.
Now, on to vote! Great chapter. :D
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hi Sam! :wave: Decided to comment here, since I was on here anyways.
Spoiler:
Oh poor Mikel, no luck with the ladies. Not that he's had the best of luck in other matters, either. Hang in there, Mikel! :hug:

Izzie's still cute. And it's amusing how she's pestering her brothers. Though I'm sure I wouldn't be as amused if it was me being pestered!

Oh, Prince. :sigh: Sad seeing him go. The Grim's antics were amusing, though.

I suppose if it's possible for a grave to be stuck off-lot, then it'll do so... Everything that can go wrong etc.

Congrats to Jasper for completing his childhood aspiration! Yay! And he grew up handsome, too.

Again, poor Mikel. At least he cheered up a little towards the end. And got to meet his Dad's ghost. Who's apparently a lot more solid than I'd imagine ghosts to be. :haha:

Hooray for Lizzie being a teenager! She's still cute. Curious to see what she gets up to.
Keep up the good work! :applause:
apocalypticautumn
Steam ID: attackonautumn
Origin ID: attackonautumn

Post Counts

Post by apocalypticautumn »

Spoiler:
It's so adorable how Izzie causes all that trouble for her brothers. :haha:
Is there a Jasper fan club?? Because if so, I'm declaring myself president! :cheeky:
Autumn, Lv26 Magikarp✰
[spoiler]Currently Playing
TS2 - A B Chester: A Giekey Alphabetacy [May 31]
TS3 - The Spectrum's Rainbow Roulette

Elsewhere

Apocalyptic Sims :plumbob: Magikarp Wow
Tweeter&Backloggery[/spoiler]
emmalouise

Post Counts

Post by emmalouise »

Another great chapter!
Spoiler:
I liked the Izzie spam, she is adorable and funny to watch pestering her older brothers. Your reaper scenes always make me laugh too :lol:

I made it just in time for the heir poll and I was so torn between Izzie and Jasper (sorry Mikel). In the end I went for Jasper as I think it will be interesting to see a male heir and how his personality will play out - an evil loner with the soulmate aspiration should be great!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Nineteen! 11th September!

Post by Sam »

I owe comments, but seeing as it took me almost a week to work out why I couldn't update the thread (the spam filter didn't like the title of chapter 18!) so I'll get back to you all soon.

However, you have TWO new updates to enjoy!
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Yay new updates! And I can kind of guess why the spam filter might not have liked your title. :haha:
Spoiler:
I think Jasper and Lauren make a cute couple, and they sure have an interesting mix of traits! I'm glad they got things back on track. I'm also really happy that Prince is still kicking around, although I hope Kassidy makes some more appearances. I enjoyed the science stuff, especially the freeze ray. The thing about Jasper passing out and the power getting shut off made me laugh. Arrietty is freakin' adorable, but I didn't think kids could have non-natural hair colors. Am I missing something or is that a hack or something like that? Sorry I'm always asking you about CC and stuff. :P Anyway, great two chapters, and it looks like the next generation is going to be adorable!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

About time I replied to some comments, right? :lol:

CHAPTER 17:

Taube:
Spoiler:
Izzie was so much fun to play as a kid! And you already know how much I love writing Death - he's so much fun! Prince still resides in the road, and probably always will!
Katri:
Spoiler:
Yeah, it hasn't been easy for Mikel, has it?

Little sisters have to annoy their siblings, right? It's a rule, or something!

I will miss Prince, but I do love writing Death!

I suppose if I used moveobjects I could probably get it back, but for now, it's fine in the street. It hasn't ruined hauntings or anything yet.

Jasper's got it all!

TS4 ghosts are pretty much like TS3 ghosts, I think. Though I didn't play them much, so I'm not 100% sure. Definitely more solid than TS2 ghosts!

Thanks for your comment!
Autumn:
Spoiler:
Izzie is so much fun to have around!
All hail president Autumn! :D
emmalouise:
Spoiler:
I've been pretty lucky with cute kids so far! And I do love writing scenes with the reaper.

About time we had a male heir, right? And yes, he has quite an interesting set of traits!

Thanks for your comment!
CHAPTERS 18 & 19:

Taube:
Should've known that title would get me into trouble! :lol:
Spoiler:
I'm really enjoying playing them together, especially as it took them awhile to warm up to one another. Prince is great, but I would like to see more of Kassidy, too. I love the freeze ray! And then you upgrade it and it can do so many things, it's awesome! As for the power outage thing, it's just typical of sims, isn't it?

Lol, custom content questions are fine - Arrietty has a CC hair from Kiara, who does them in ALL of the colours, even for children. Any normal Eaxis hairs in my game still don't come in blue for children.

Thanks for your comments!

Thank you all! I'm glad people are still enjoying my legacy :hug:
limestar

Post by limestar »

Still following this legacy, and it's still a great read! Hooray for a male heir, amirite? Haha. Hope to read more soon!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Twenty! 11th December!

Post by Sam »

limestar:
About time we had a male heir, right? :D

---

Who'd like an update?
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Yay! :D
Spoiler:
Arrietty is so freakin' gorgeous. I loved the line about aliens preferring to abduct men that don't need extract offspring! :haha: Excellent observation. It's too bad Jasper never got abducted, but I have a feeling Arrietty will make a great heiress. I was really glad to see this legacy with an update. Great job!
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hooray, an update!
Spoiler:
Aww, Arrietty continues to be cute. And awesome all around.

Hi Prince! :wave: Good seeing him around. And it does seem Jasper was in the need of a lecture, we'll see if it did any good.

Too bad about the aliens, though. They never take the ones that you'd really want them to take, do they? (Regardless of game.) Oh, and that alien guy's comment on it was spot on! :rotfl:

Purple Cardigan Kid seems a pretty nice young fellow.

It feels a bit odd to see Jasper as an elder. Already! But, time marches on I suppose.

Wow, Arrietty is a gorgeous teenager! And she's fun too, I'm sure she'll be a great heiress. :)
Fun update, as always. Keep up the good work!

Return to “Sims 4 Completed Stories”