The Rad Legacy: Done and Dusted...Sorta! 26th July '17

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Twenty-One! 19th December!

Post by Sam »

Taube:
Spoiler:
She is, isn't she? I've been really lucky with genetics so far! It's funny 'cause it's true! I'm looking forward to seeing what Arrietty gets up to over her generation. And also, I should point out I'm slowly catching up with your legacy again - I somehow fell behind!
Katri:
Spoiler:
I really like her :)

I do like seeing the ghosts! And you're never too old for a lecture from your parents, right?

Never! The aliens have their own plans, I swear! I bet they'll abduct in the future when I'm not expecting it!

I like him despite not knowing much about him. It'll be good to watch him grow alongside Arrietty.

It goes so quickly, doesn't it? Might have to look at my settings, see what lifespan I have the game set on currently.

She grew up incredibly pretty! I'm looking forward to seeing what she gets up to over her generation. :D

Thanks for your comments, guys! :hug:

Also, it's update time!
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hooray for another update!
Spoiler:
Hehe, truly the life of a sim: "oh but you don't have to play guitar all the time, you also get to stargaze!"

Well I do sort of agree with Lauren, if given the choice, I'd likely take cake over salad too... But I wouldn't ask for salad first. ;)

Jasper makes a handsome elder. Possibly even more handsome than as an adult.

Poor Prince, not getting attention like Kassidy. On the other hand, it would seem that Jasper and Lauren need a new hobby or something.

Heh at the half-dressed and bald neighbors! :haha: Funny that the game doesn't give them BG replacements like TS2 does. Well, the results can be funny there, too.

Hi Mikel! It's good seeing him. (And I'm so used to TS2 that age orders don't matter so much in my head. ;) It's comforting that at least the sims you aren't playing are there forever.)

Lauren makes a good-looking elder too.

Oh no, not Jasper already! :sigh: And Grimmy, way to be impolite. :no: I hope the Rads will be feeling better in their new house!
Well done again, Sam!
LostInReverie

Post Counts

Post by LostInReverie »

I just started reading your legacy. I'm halfway through it, and I wanted to let you know how much I'm enjoying it so far. :mrgreen:
Sims 4 Legacies
The Disney LegacyThe Keller Random Legacy
Sims 3 Legacies
Coming soon.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Twenty-Two! 28th December!

Post by Sam »

Katri:
Spoiler:
Exactly! You get to mix it up a teeny bit sometimes, right?

Cake, every time!

Agreed! I really like Jasper though, so maybe I'm biased!

I have no idea why they're so obsessed with the graves!

Yeah, I was surprised too - but mostly amused!

I like having them around. I want Izzie to show up now as well!

I think so, too! They're both adorable.

It came around quickly, didn't it? :(
LostInReverie:
Hi! Glad you're enjoying it!

Thanks for your comments, guys! Have an update!
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Twenty-Two! 28th December!

Post by katrisims »

Yay more Rads!
Spoiler:
Seems that Jasper's death has been pretty hard for the family. Poor things. :ouch

Arrietty is still gorgeous as a YA. Too bad that she and Purple Gardigan Guy didn't work out. But Jairo seems a nice guy!

Glad the party made Arrietty happier, at least! I suppose it's understandable if her mother was still sad. At least the pool seemed to help a bit?

Wow, things are progressing quick with Arrietty and Jairo! And hooray, finally aliens! :celebration:

:sigh: Goodbye, Lauren. Now she gets to reunite with Jasper. I wonder if Arrietty will keep being happy or if it'll just hit her later...
You're getting pretty far with this - :drinks: for progress and keep up the good work!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Twenty-Three! 29th December!

Post by Sam »

Katri:
Spoiler:
It was really rough! Not exactly fun to play through, either.

I adore Arrietty :) I was hoping she could marry her childhood sweetheart, but oh well. I really like Jairo.

Arrietty's definitely much happier than her mother! I'm sure the pool helps a little, right?

They got together much quicker than I thought they would! I love them together :D

Well, there is at least that :) I guess we'll see what happens, right?
I know, I'm so close! Thanks for your comment :)

-------

I realise it's only been a day, but I've got ANOTHER update for you all!
PS - LJ is going to be down in just under a couple of hours, so you might have to be a little patient for the update :)

Enjoy!
pucksummerdream

Post by pucksummerdream »

I totally binge read this whole thing.
Spoiler:
I love that this is your first look at The Sims 4 in total. The milestone trackers were always fun. Since I don't really play TS4 myself, it was also cool to discover some of the stuff as you do. And your writing was a fun breeze to get through.
And, more recently, the alien skin is super cute. I love Gwendolyn!
ImageImageImage
LostInReverie

Post Counts

Post by LostInReverie »

Yay, I finally caught up!
Spoiler:
Gwen is so cute. Alien sims are just the best, aren't they? I love Jairo's alien look better than his disguise. Haha. Man, I hope the next baby is a boy! And I'm excited I'll be able to vote in an heir poll for your legacy for the first time. :)
Sims 4 Legacies
Sims 3 Legacies
Coming soon.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Twenty-Three + Heir Poll! 29th December!

Post by Sam »

pucksummerdream:
Spoiler:
Thank you! I really enjoyed learning all about TS4 through this legacy, and I'm glad you liked getting to see it all, too :) Aliens are great! I also love Gwen. I know I shouldn't have favourites, but... :wink:
LostInReverie:
Spoiler:
I love Gwen. And aliens! I'm also a big fan of Jairo's ordinary look, but sometimes the disguise is necessary, unfortunately. :) I wish! It seems the Rads are destined to have girls! I'm about to put the heir poll up (I played ahead!) so you can vote soon!
Thanks, guys!

---

I played ahead, and now I need to know who the heir is so you'll find all the details on the candidates, and the link to the poll, here!
LostInReverie

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Twenty-Three + Heir Poll! 29th December!

Post by LostInReverie »

I voted! :)
Spoiler:
Erica is super cute, but I had to go with Gwen!
Sims 4 Legacies
Sims 3 Legacies
Coming soon.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Twenty-Four + Heir Poll! 2nd January!

Post by Sam »

LostInReverie:
Spoiler:
I love both, but I do love Gwen just that little bit more.
Who'd like a new chapter?

And the heir poll is still live for anyone who hasn't voted, but we do have a clear winner at the moment :)
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Twenty-Four + Heir Poll! 2nd January!

Post by katrisims »

Whoops, I thought I was one chapter behind but was actually two. (Oh, right, that's because the new one is just in!) Well, that needs to be remedied!

Spoiler:
Aww, it's such a nice wedding. And in true sims fashion, the guests are not sitting down for it! Although it seems they're kind of paying attention, what is this madness?

Homework at the wedding? Well that sounds more like it! :haha:

Hooray for generation 7 on the way!

Aww, that's really cute about Jairo and the sad moodlet. Little details like that are awesome. Also, I can't decide if I like his alien look or the disguise better. Both are cute.

That new house is looking very nice. I can imagine the novelty with the stilts probably wears off pretty fast.

Aww Gwen is so adorable! Both as a baby and a child. And another one on the way, too!

Well that is truly an interesting kids' club! But if Daddy says it's okay then surely it is? :haha:
Spoiler:
It's a sweet friendship between Gwen and Elsa. And of course, the scenery is beautiful.

Well that was a bit of a funny party, but well, hanging around sitting on the bed and talking can be fun too I suppose?

:rotfl: Yeah probably best if Jairo waits outside! But aww another baby!

And of course, Mia is a cutie too. I feel for her, having a harder time finding friends than her sister. But she'll find her place I'm sure.

Dancing and cake, definitely a good day! And Gwen grew up gorgeous, too.

Aww, Gwen and Elsa are a cute couple. I hope they continue to do well in the future!

So much for the "no more babies" thing, huh, Arrietty?
Well done again! :applause:
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Twenty-Five! 6th January!

Post by Sam »

Katri:
23:
Spoiler:
I know! That said, I later discovered not all weddings are that smooth!

Much more sim-like :D

I'm so excited by it all! I'm so close to the end now!

The small things really make the game, don't they? I think I prefer him as an alien than his disguise.

Very quickly! But I'm really liking the new house. It'll probably need an extension soon, though.

I love Gwen. But I love all the kids!

It must be okay if Daddy says yes, right? :D
24:
Spoiler:
They're so much fun! And yes, TS4 never fails to be pretty!

A more chilled out kind of party, I guess?

Jairo is hilarious in the hospital, but I might have to start leaving him at home!

I really like how different Mia is from her sister. I reckon she'll find her way eventually.

Yep! And yep again! All the girls are gorgeous!

I really like them together :)

Does anyone ever mean that when they say it? ;)
Thanks for your comments! :hug:

Have an update, guys!
LostInReverie

Post Counts

Post by LostInReverie »

Yay, love the new update!
Spoiler:
Gwen and Elsa are so cute together! It sucks you had to have Elsa do a brief sex reassignment surgery in order to get kids though. :lol:
Sims 4 Legacies
Sims 3 Legacies
Coming soon.
pucksummerdream

Post by pucksummerdream »

New update woo!
Spoiler:
Gwen and Elsa are A DOR A BLE...pity your mod didn't work. In any case, I'm excited for her genes to play with the next generation.

So excited for gen 8!
ImageImageImage
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Ooh, looks like I got behind again! I'm all caught up now, though. :) Very much enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
I like Gwen, and I love her with Elsa. I actually voted for Mia in the poll before the chapters were out based on the limited info then, but I think it's good that Gwen won in the end. By the way, I have a same-sex couple right now too, and I'm having success with Aren's updated mod that you can get on MTS. My heiress and her wife have two kids and one on the way using it, so it seems to work pretty well for me. Just an anecdote in case you're looking for one. Anyway, back to your story. I really liked the last two chapters. Everything is turning out very nicely, and their romance was really sweet. (My heiress also married her childhood friend, so I am partial to those storylines. :) ) The two sisters being so different was interesting, and I'm very curious to see how Erica grows up. I like the redone house quite a bit too. Great job!
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Comment time!
Spoiler:
Hi Jasper, good seeing you! ^^

Wow, it really is a big difference in age to your usual situation. Hooray for a long life for Arrietty and Jairo!

And especially considering her age, Arrietty seems to be quite far in her aspiration. Hopefully she can make it!

Aww, Gwen and Elsa are still so cute!

Mia indeed grew up gorgeous, and interestingly different from her sister.

Heh. It's important to eat well doing pregnancy... err, labor? :rotfl: And maybe it was indeed for the best that Jairo stayed outside.

Aww, little Ericka is a cutie. And of course, a girl, how else could it be in this legacy? She grew up really cute, too.

And more aww for Gwen and Elsa. Such a beautiful wedding. :heart: (Well, if you don't count the strange guy covering the couple, but hey, it's the sims, these things happen.)

Ouch, that's too bad with the mod problems. But at least you found a way around it - hopefully without upsetting real!Elsa.
Lovely update!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Rad Legacy: Twenty-Six! 25th Jan!

Post by Sam »

LostinReverie:
Spoiler:
I do love Gwen and Elsa. But oh the measures we go to for kids, right? :lol:
pucksummerdream:
Spoiler:
They're so great together, aren't they? It's cool, I prefer to play Sims 4 vanilla anyway :)

It's so exciting being this close to the end!
Taube:
Don't worry about it, I've fallen behind with nearly everything :oops:
Spoiler:
Yeah, I didn't like holding the poll so early, without maximum amount of information for you guys, but I'd played so far ahead! As for the mod, it's okay, I'm playing without mods/CC now, so I'm pleased to have found a way to around it. :) It's so cute watching them grow up together, isn't it? :) Erica's personality really comes out in chapter 27, so hopefully that doesn't disappoint! I love the house, I'm finally happy with it.
Katri:
Spoiler:
I love seeing the ghosts :)

I know! I'm more than a little pleased by it :D I have no idea what I did differently this time, though.

Fingers crossed! She's so close!

I love Gwen and Elsa.

Mia's such an oddball compared to her family. I really like her as a result!

Waiting in the hall is probably best for both Jairo and Arrietty in that situation!

I was surprised to have another a girl; I really thought it was going to be a boy this time!

What's a wedding without a strange, uninvited guest getting in the way? :)

I'm glad to have found a way round it, as I prefer to play without mods/CC at the minute. Fingers crossed for no negative repercussions!
Thanks for your comments, guys!

Have an update!
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Great chapter, as usual. :)
Spoiler:
My random thoughts: Mia's hooky day was hilarious. She's just doesn't go with the flow, does she? It's really great seeing Arrietty and Jairo get to be around for grandchildren! Twelve to three is quite the impressive ratio. I can't believe you got another girl! I think the "hot food" thing is a bug that got introduced with the last patch, and I've heard they're aware of it. It's kind of funny, but it also makes them take even longer to eat food because they keep having to stop to fan themselves! Erika turned out great! I love the blue hair with blue skin. Marina is a cutie! I love seeing this family grow. :thup:
LostInReverie

Post Counts

Post by LostInReverie »

Nice update!
Spoiler:
Marina is so cute. Hopefully you have a boy though! You've had so many girls in your legacy. It's crazy. :lol:
Sims 4 Legacies
Sims 3 Legacies
Coming soon.

Return to “Sims 4 Completed Stories”