The Miskin Legacy: From Misery to Merit? (COMPLETE 10/05/18)

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Re: The Miskin Legacy - From Misery to Merit? (UPDATE 15/10/

Post by cynicalbadger »

These letters are the best interlude! I'm trying to guess who is next but we're so close to Mitch's freedom - is it Nimue? I feel here is the BIG ONE at this point
Spoiler:
Will his SON write one?!!
bookloverblue
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by bookloverblue »

cynicalbadger wrote:These letters are the best interlude! I'm trying to guess who is next but we're so close to Mitch's freedom - is it Nimue? I feel here is the BIG ONE at this point
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
DING DING DING DING DING DING!

By the way, about your comment - technically, Mac and his sisters were hybrids, but I chose for them to have natural skin tones as I like the idea of the aliens being hidden amongst humans. Mac had to be able to move freely for his detective plots, and I didn't want it to become a copy of Michael Lee Harker's story. But, that's just my canon - personally, I love how you play the Munches too.

I also argue that all of the Earth-born aliens are hybrids since they have human fathers. And since fellas have the babies in the first place, I figured that must just be the Sixamian way of things.

Now to decide whether or not Mitch should confront Clyde. He IS a rich millionaire, and Mitch has dealt with those before...
Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

bookloverblue wrote:
cynicalbadger wrote:These letters are the best interlude! I'm trying to guess who is next but we're so close to Mitch's freedom - is it Nimue? I feel here is the BIG ONE at this point
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
DING DING DING DING DING DING!

By the way, about your comment - technically, Mac and his sisters were hybrids, but I chose for them to have natural skin tones as I like the idea of the aliens being hidden amongst humans. Mac had to be able to move freely for his detective plots, and I didn't want it to become a copy of Michael Lee Harker's story. But, that's just my canon - personally, I love how you play the Munches too.

I also argue that all of the Earth-born aliens are hybrids since they have human fathers. And since fellas have the babies in the first place, I figured that must just be the Sixamian way of things.

Now to decide whether or not Mitch should confront Clyde. He IS a rich millionaire, and Mitch has dealt with those before...
Spoiler:
That's right! I remember now, when's mac doned his skin I was like HYBRIDS can do that!? It makes it more realistic

I can't wait for Mitch to get out
bookloverblue
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Re: The Miskin Legacy - From Misery to Merit? (UPDATE 18/10/

Post by bookloverblue »

Updated 18/10/17 - the first of a two-parter!

Our Gen 8 heir celebrates his fifteenth birthday... but will he get the one thing he really wants?
Plus, will a heartbreaking confession lead the reformed Mitch back into criminal acts?

Letters to Mitch: Miskin Family - Parties and Payback, Pt. 1
CHBlossomProduction
Origin ID: Chosomoko

Post Counts

Post by CHBlossomProduction »

This is one of my favorite legacies to read at the moment. I love it so much; how you have manged to develop such characters and not to tell the amazing story too!! I'm all caught up and like... :jawdrop:
Spoiler:
I'm so worried about Mitch... I mean he just got out to be with his family again, after such long time.... and then he decided to let old wounds take control and risk it all?!! NOOO!!!!! I'm so worried he'll do the wrong thing, because I would hate to see everything fall apart for them now... Can please daddy Marcel come and save the day or something? Because if that happens... things will never be the same and I would hate for Clyde and Moe and everyone else to suffer for the past. I mean, I get it that he's pissed... but he's not thinking about the possibility of him going back behind bars again!! AND NEVER GET OUT!!! *Is way to emotional invested in this*
I love this. I can't wait to see what happens next. I love how you involve so many things into the plot and just... :cryingeyes: I have never felt so many emotions just by reading as I did when reading this, from start to the latest update. And I'm rambling again. So some last words;

Thank you for writing this amazing legacy. It's truly fantastical and I can't wait to see how it all pans out in the end. Amazing. :thup:
The Insanity arise... with a bit of the ABC's on the side and som Baby Boomers!
The Lockwood Chronicle - The Insanity arise!
The Ragsdale Alphabetcy!
The Baby Boomer Challenge + other things!
bookloverblue
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by bookloverblue »

@CHBlossomProduction

Thank you so much for your kind and touching comment. It really made my evening. Thank you for supporting my work!

cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

I’m so glad that part was split! Now I can ge my little dose of a Miskin while sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the next
bookloverblue
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Re: The Miskin Legacy - From Misery to Merit? (UPDATE 22/10/

Post by bookloverblue »

Updated 22/10/17.

The conclusion to the last Letter to Mitch!

Now out of prison, Mitch swears he'll have his revenge on Clyde. But when the moment of truth is upon him, will he be willing to risk losing everything he's just got back?

Letters to Mitch: Miskin Family - Parties & Payback Pt. 2

Feedback can be highly influential on me, with insightful comments from several readers, notably @Livvielove and @CHBlossomProduction, pulling my heartstrings in many different directions. In the end, to avoid losing the plot altogether (and yes, I mean that both metaphorically and literally!), I reached my final decision through the result of a coin flip. So read on, and see what fate has decided for my dear little legacy family!
bookloverblue
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Re: The Miskin Legacy - From Misery to Merit? (UPDATE 22/10/

Post by bookloverblue »

Sneak preview of The Miskin Legacy Generation Eight!

Update coming soon... I hope!

bookloverblue
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Re: The Miskin Legacy - From Misery to Merit? (UPDATE 31/10/

Post by bookloverblue »

Updated Halloween 2017!

Generation Eight commences!

After years of servitude, Jonathan Renfield, the underappreciated butler to the Mortan-Murdacs, takes matters into his own hands - with devastating consequences for Audric, Maven, Marcel, and live-in vampiric student Alex.

Meanwhile, after Mo recieves news from Loki at the café about the newest additions to the Lee Harker family, and reluctantly realising his daughter is on the verge of adulthood, Mitch ponders the fact that Marlon has yet to produce an heir...

Generation Eight, Part One: Hot Chocolate, Children and Coup d'Etats
bookloverblue
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Re: The Miskin Legacy - From Misery to Merit? (UPDATE 05/11/

Post by bookloverblue »

Updated 05/11/17.

With the Dark Imperial Family overthrown, Renfield aspires to create a harem of vampire brides, and finds his first in Oasis Springs - leading to Marlon and Libby being asked to pursue a story about a missing supermodel.

Generation Eight, Part Two: Here Comes the Bride
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Re: The Miskin Legacy - From Misery to Merit? (UPDATE 05/11/

Post by cynicalbadger »

I fell behind! But I kind of liked having lots of Miskin updates waiting for me
Spoiler:
I AM HERE FOR THE VAMPIRE STORY!! This is like thrilling block buster plot and I'm actually excited to see such a slimey villain wanting to conquer the world. I also love Libby, I'm glad we have a Miskin sibling getting in on the main plot line.

I honestly don't know what to expect next and I'm excited. I'm also as nervous as Mitch when I think about Marlon and getting on with the legacy babies, but he has to do what he has to do first!
bookloverblue
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Re: The Miskin Legacy - From Misery to Merit? (UPDATE 08/11/

Post by bookloverblue »

Updated 08/11/17.

Having arrived in Forgotten Hollow, the Miskin siblings receive an unusual visitor - which leads to them both having a strangely specific nightmare.

Generation Eight, Part Three: Intervention with the Vampire
bookloverblue
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Re: The Miskin Legacy - From Misery to Merit? (UPDATE 11/11/

Post by bookloverblue »

Updated 11/11/17!

As our three heroes plan their attack on Renfield, Alex asks Libby to introduce him to a few aspects of modern life, and later, shares a thing or two from way back when.

Meanwhile, Marcel's messages may not have gone undetected...

Generation Eight, Part Four: Old-Fashioned, New-Fangled Ways
bookloverblue
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Re: The Miskin Legacy - From Misery to Merit? (UPDATE 15/11/

Post by bookloverblue »

Updated 15/11/17.

When Libby's act of kindness for her "brother" puts her in mortal danger, Alex and Marlon must venture into the Dark Imperial Manor to save her - beginning the final battle with Renfield.

Generation Eight, Part Five: Crossing the Threshold
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

Spoiler:
Oh my god I only just got New-Fangled ways.What is wrong with me, I thought I was adept in the pun arts!

For some reason my comment didn't send through on the blog (mobile blogging, what can you do?!) But I was so worried about Marlon until I read Livvie's comments and I was like yes - I'm 95% sure I smell a trap!

Poor Alex, unable to beat Reinfield. I feel a montage coming on! Straight to the boss fight! I like it! There are so many people in that situation I honestly can't tell who is going to do what.

My predictions, which I think might still happen, is that Reinfield will get to Liberty and turn her still - but that means she can live happily with Alex FOREVER (bonus, she can live with Marcel?) and maybe she can even bring Reinfield down!? Though I feel now, Marcel is about to kick some vampire butt
:woot:
bookloverblue
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by bookloverblue »

WARNING: CONTAINS VIOLENT SCENES / ADULT CONTENT

Updated 17/11/17.

As Marcel and Renfield engage in a brawl, Alex does his best to revive Libby.
Before the night is over, a slayer shall emerge... but will tragedy strike the heroes, too?

Generation Eight, Part Six: A Slayer and a Sacrifice
Spoiler:
I'M SORRY - I AM SO SORRY
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Re: The Miskin Legacy - From Misery to Merit? (UPDATE 17/11/

Post by cynicalbadger »

Spoiler:
NOOOOOOO!! I mean, excellent writing as per but did you really have to wreck my heart like that?
bookloverblue
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Re: The Miskin Legacy - From Misery to Merit? (UPDATE 17/11/

Post by bookloverblue »

cynicalbadger wrote:
Spoiler:
NOOOOOOO!! I mean, excellent writing as per but did you really have to wreck my heart like that?
Spoiler:
I said I was sorry! [emoji24]

At least now he can be in Heaven again with his family... which is a point I believe you raised in an original comment? [emoji6]

Also, there's another reason. I wasn't sure if Mitch and Marlon had rightfully inherited under Legacy rules, as Marcel was technically still alive. I reluctantly decided to err on the side of caution.

Funnily enough, I was chatting with my boyfriend about the plot, and his guess was the same as yours. It would have been an awesome plotline, but it mirrors the original Marcel one a fair bit. I have a different ending in mind for our vampire friends...
bookloverblue
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Re: The Miskin Legacy - From Misery to Merit? (UPDATE 22/11/

Post by bookloverblue »

Updated 22/11/17.

Vampires and mortals work together in an attempt to "cure" Cassandra. Can a solution be found? And is it only the model's destiny that would be changed by such a discovery?

Generation Eight, Part Seven: Carpe Futurum

Return to “Sims 4 Completed Stories”