Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Featured Legacies & Stories! August 30

Post by Chase »

Featured Legacies & Stories for:
August 30, 2015

It's finally time for our eighth story feature event!
If you're curious on how this works, read up here: Info
Enjoy! Keep updating your stories on Boolprop to be eligible for a feature :plumbob2:

---------------------------------------

The Meddison Matriarchy by Genevieve Peyton
The Meddison Matriarchy: Not Your Mama's Legacy.
A Sims 4 Legacy: Click here to read!

Interview with the author:
Spoiler:
Q: When did you first start playing Sims? How did you find Boolprop?
A:
I started playing Sims the year it first came out. My dad saw I was interested in video games and bought me all of the first Sims EPs, triggering long years of addiction and gameplay. At 27, I find it as fun as I did when I was 12. I found Boolprop years ago, so long ago I can't even remember how I stumbled on it. I loved how people were making up their own games inside of the game and then blogging about it. I've loved everyone's stories immensely, and the best ones are on this site. I've never been very active as a writer on BP, mostly because I procrastinate, but when I started this legacy, I knew this was the one I would finish. Sometimes your characters just click with you.

Q: What stories inspired you to make this, if any?
A:
Honestly, every single one I've read since I've joined BP. If it's on this site, I've probably read it and loved it. Everyone has their own style, and everyone's so subtly talented and creative, it's amazing. As an author, the creativity the Sims franchise brings out of people is inspiring. I really miss the story-writing feature of the Sims 2. I think they should bring it back for 4 so that stories can be shared via the gallery in the same, easy format. I know they have a cheap substitute, but the way the Album was set up in Sims 2 was on point.

Q: What is your favorite part of this legacy, so far? Do you have a favorite Sim in the story?
A:
I am very fond of my founder. Not only is she unique-looking, as a Sim, she doesn't discriminate with love. She loves her husband and her kids, and pretty much everyone else in the neighborhood. I think she's probably at least kissed them all at some point autonomously. :wink:

Lakewood by katrisims
Join Katri as she flees plot with the premades!
A Sims 2 BaCC: Click here to read!

Spoiler:
A:
I was in my late teens when TS1 came out. My Mother saw a rather hilarious review on it in the local newspaper: a reporter gave it to his two pre-teen sons to play and reported the happenings. ("I forgot to put down a toilet. My family couldn't concentrate on anything, they'd just wander around the house with their legs crossed." "- Wait, what happened, they had a baby? - You went and pressed that button where it asks about a baby, didn't you?") After that, she saw it in the store and as me and my sister had a winter vacation from school coming up, she bought it as a present; we spent that whole week-long vacation playing the game. And the rest is history.

As for Boolprop, I'm not sure of the exact moment when I found the place. It was sometime around 2006 probably. I had TS2, so it was only a matter of time that I'd discover the Exchange. I found that people were making and sharing stories, and got into reading some. I'm pretty sure I came across Boolprop that way: someone advertised the forum in a story I was reading back then, and I went to check it out. Then in 2007, I joined the forum, started a legacy, and I'm still on that road today (even that legacy is still ongoing :shifty:).

What stories inspired you to make this, if any?
A:
A lot of the stories I've read along the years and still read, and since it's quite early in the challenge yet, the influences on it are far from done with! To only name a couple, Lorinsv's Mesa Vista has probably had the most direct influence on me wanting to do a BaCC, and from legacies, Ndainye's Familiar Faces (early chapters available here) certainly had me wanting to have premade-townies for the longest of times.

What is your favorite aspect about playing a BaCC, rather than another way of playing?
A:
I've been a challenge addict pretty much ever since I started playing TS2. Of course, like everyone and their granny, I started with legacies, but have since then done others too. Lakewood is my first published BaCC attempt. I like playing rotation-style, so in that sense the challenge suits me. I also like the way how each family played contributes to the challenge, in their own ways. Oh, and I like the potential for sub-challenges - of which I already have several, because, as I said, challenge addict. That was already several favorites, but I don't think I can pick just one!

Pleasantly by kgcowbelle
Follow the lives of Daniel and Mary-Sue Pleasant as their relationship grows and changes over their years together.
A Sims 2 Story: Click here to read!

Spoiler:
A:
I started playing sims 1 about six months before Sims 2 came out. I was in middle school at the time and my best friend introduced me to the game. After she showed it to me there was no going back. :celebration: She was also the one that introduced me to Boolprop!

Q: What stories inspired you to make this, if any?
A:
I spent many, many hours reading stories back on the Exchange. I always loved stories about premades and I always admired writers who took the time to stage and edit really nice photos.

Q: Your story is full of beautifully staged photos!! How long does it usually take you to shoot a chapter?
A:
Thank you so much! :smooch: Taking pictures is my favorite part of writing a sims story and I will say that I tend to over-shoot. I don't even want to count how many GB of extra photos I have that never made the cut. I take 1-2 days to shoot a single scene, depending on how much time I have and how detailed the set or poses are. Altogether, it takes me around 1-2 weeks of continuous work to shoot a chapter. Then the editing begins!

Congratulations to all! Be sure to check out their stories! :D

Here is a special shout-out to those who have completed their stories since the last feature!!
It's been awhile since the last feature, so there are a lot!!
Romancing the Apocalypse by Lorinsv
Rex Plays "The Apocalypse" by Rex
The How-To Legacy by Rex
A Broke Apocalypse by Rflong7
A Badass Alphabetocalypse by MichelleCYoung
The McKee Legacy by Abby
Daisy Plains BaCC by pnkpnthr334
The Demingo Family OWBC by Rflong7
Desperate Measures OWBC by Heather
Marsh Creek Asylum by nicholaplaysthesims
All My Children WYDC by Ani-Mei
Twinbrook Fields DITFT by Hrootbeer