Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Boolprop Chef - Week 13

Post by Rosanna »

.::.Boolprop Chef - Week 13.::.

Spoiler:
Week 13 Theme: Slow-Cooker
Somebody suggested this in the chatbox, it was either Rhea, Teresa, or Simsimity buut I don't remember who :shifty: Buuut s/o to you, whoever you are!
This weeks theme is anything and everything that you can make in a slow cooker! Dessert, dinner, breakfast, whatever!
For those w/o slow cookers, something slow roasted or that takes time to cook would work!
(Apologies to those w/o slow cookers, I'll try to make next weeks theme more broad!)
This round will end on January 31st

If you have participated in ten BoolProp chefs, send me a PM and I'll award you that medal.
Boolprop Chef Details
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Re: Boolprop Chef - Week 13

Post by Rhea »

Maybe for those without slow cookers it can just be slow roasted or something that takes a longer time to cook? Like a roast or full chicken in an oven or something?
Rosanna
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rosanna »

^ That works
Siem

Post Counts

Post by Siem »

It's a stew, made in my brand new slow cooker. Thought I'd better start with something that is really easy.
Spoiler:
It was quite tasty.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I don't have a picture, because I don't currently have any mushrooms, but:

A favorite side-dish (NOT an entree - you'll get sick if you eat that much of it at once) is slow-cooked ranch mushrooms.

You put your sliced or chopped mushrooms (just white-tops from the grocery store will do) in the slow-cooker. Add some butter and Ranch dressing powder, or just squirt in some Ranch dressing, directly. Not butter AND dressing, though. I'd give you the proportions, but frankly the original recipe I found had waaaaayyyyy too much butter, so I just do "what looks right" to me now, cutting the original butter amount in half. Do it to your taste. Experiment before you bring it to a party.

Cook for 2-3 hours on low to medium heat, depending on just how many pounds of mushrooms you used. You'll know it's done when the mushrooms are tiny, and there's lots of mushroom juice.

Note - the mushrooms will shrink down an awful lot, and you'll have an awful lot of ranchy-buttery-mushroom juice with it, so you could, if you wanted to, use it as a base for a gravy or soup or something. Maybe add rice and turn it into a casserole. In that case, you can turn it into an entree. Just don't fill up on mushrooms, because too many mushrooms will do awful things to your digestion for the night.

Another note - my Dad added bacon to it, and it was great, in moderation. Then he added about a pound of bacon, and it was not so great. Again, experiment with amounts before you serve it outside your family. In general, I find that less-is-more and it pays to let the mushrooms do all the heavy lifting with regard to flavor.

Next time I make it, I'm going to add some chopped onions FIRST, in just the butter, and let them caramelize, and then add the mushrooms and ranch powder. That ought to be really tasty.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!

Return to “Boolprop Chef Archive”