Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: NaNoWriMo 2017

Post by Ani-Mei »

I'm almost done my words for today, I am multi-tasking because brain can't function unless I'm doing three things at once.
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

I haven't bothered doing this, this year .... my head already has too many things going on in it :cover:
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

I’ve been trying to find a couple of hours a day and so far I’m killing it! I’m terms of quantative words anyway - I doubt it will be any kind of readable when I come back to it
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I got to 8311 words today and I haven't even started the second half of my plot. I did the history of explaining things just after the main plot point came out. Yeah, I watch too much anime. I drag the story out.
DSLady
Steam ID: dslady13
Ireland

Post Counts

Post by DSLady »

I am so behind that it hurts :cryingeyes: But, I'm heading to my first ever Write-In in a little while - both excited and terrified, but hopefully I actually get some work done!
The Gordon Legacy - Complete?
The Hot Ladies Association - Liv's Adventures in TS4
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

I've always wanted to do a write-in but I'm way too nervous and awkward for it. How did it go? :D

The problem I'm having is I want to write my novel when I should be doing uni work - and I've done lots of words but I dont get WHAT those words are? In terms of story I've got a handful of bullet points and they don't feel like they should make 18K, I'm clearly waffling. I'm about to write Chapter 14 but I feel like there's not enough story left (uh-oh) from what I've planned.
DSLady
Ireland

Post Counts

Post by DSLady »

cynicalbadger wrote:I've always wanted to do a write-in but I'm way too nervous and awkward for it. How did it go? :D
It was super fun! Everyone was really friendly and funny, and the atmosphere in the place was really conducive to writing! It's nice to be around people who are in the same position as you, bc you can get advice from them but also give out your own, and have a laugh at the expense of your writing foibles (do I really need all those commas???). I'm really excited for the next one, which is hilarious because I'm usually the first to run from social interaction. If there's one near you, I recommend going - I was terrified but it was so worth it. I also got NaNo stickers!

Hoping to finally get some writing done today. I've been stuck on a meeting since about day three and have just been adding/writing alternate scenes to try and break through; I've finally done it, so once I get time to sit down it SHOULD start rolling again!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

WOOT!! 14 382 words! I'm just flying through this NaNo, I guess having 2000-ish words per chapter is a reasonable and attainable goal for me.
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

DSLady that sounds awesome!! I might look into it (but if I’m too busy I will definitely make it a goal to go next year)

I hit 20K yesterday :D I sit down and tell myself what I’d like to reach and then I get completely lost in writing and resurface with the target just reached, it’s weird but I’m taking it as a good sign :)
Ally
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Ally »

I think I underestimated how difficult NaNo would be with work - we've had a particularly busy week and the weekend was especially busy. Day off tomorrow, so am going to head to a coffee shop and just attempt to write, and fingers crossed I can get some words down. Most I've ever written in a day is around the 5k mark, so fingers crossed I can have a few really solid days.
Check out my Rainbowcy Here
• Updated 12th August 2014 •
DSLady
Ireland

Post Counts

Post by DSLady »

I'm something like 10k behind and I think I'm having a breakdown about it XD I was so determined that I'd actually hit my wordcount this year, but here I am, one week in, and already extraordinarily behind. AND this is my only week off, even though my boyfriend graduates in the middle of it and I have to go and iron my overshirt in about a minute. Finding time to write after this week is going to get harder ashdfjkagsdfjhdfk
I can write like 8k in two days if it's fanfiction, but my own work? :shiftyeyes:
Why am I like this? XD
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

DSLady, so glad you enjoyed your first write-in! I've been doing this since 2006 and the first two years I didn't go to write-ins and didn't win. When I started, my wordcount grew exponentially and I started winning. (Not that winning is the most important thing, but it is very satisfying!) Plus, as you said, they're fun and great morale-builders. We give everyone an official sticker at their first event, and then we have stickers related to that year's theme which people can earn for attendance and winning word wars (and we have a rule that you can only win once at any given write-in, so lots of different people can earn them). It's amazing what adults will do for a sticker!

Don't feel bad about being behind. I've actually found that sometimes when I think I have all the time in the world to write, that's when I produce the least. There's some kind of "productive zone" between "completely free" and "soul-crushingly busy" where the words just flow. I think a little constriction on time can sometimes make it easier for me to focus, and when I have nothing to do but write, I tend to procrastinate more without realizing it. Yes, it's week 1 and you're not where you want to be, but they good news is: hey, it's week 1! You've still got so much time to catch up!

To everyone else: Nice job! :highfive:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I am slightly ahead so if anything should happen I at least have a buffer to keep my words up.

Return to “SimNaWriMo Archive”