Gallery Problems!

TeeVee
Great Britain

Post Counts

Gallery Problems!

Post by TeeVee »

This has been frustrating me for several days now. I've been trying to upload a house I built to the Gallery so I can use it in a fresh neighbourhood with a new family, but every time I save the lot/upload it to the Gallery it says it's worked but when I go to find the lot, it isn't there.

Anyone else having this issue?

I don't have mods or CC in my game.
_|Heather|_
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: Gallery Problems!

Post by Taube »

Did you try the "show CC" button anyway? If you have anything third-party added to your game at all, it can sometimes see it as CC, even if you wouldn't normally think of it as CC or mods. Just wanted to get that out there just in case, but since you said you have none, where do you mean it's not showing? In your library? Can you search for it in the Gallery? Or is it just nowhere? It sounds like you've tried multiple times, so I'm assuming some time has passed since some of those attempts. I've heard that on occasion it can take a while for something to show up, though I've never experienced that firsthand. Do you have another house or version of the house with the same name in your library already? Sometimes that can affect the saving process. You might try changing the name and trying again.

I'm sorry I don't have more to offer you at this point. I did a little googling, but there's so many people with problems with the Gallery, and 99% (or so) of them are CC-related it seems, so that was useless. I hope maybe they're there but just being a little hard to find and you can get this house moved. :)
TeeVee
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by TeeVee »

Yeah, I tried googling it myself before I posted here. I only download from the Gallery so nothing ever pops as CC in game - or if something DID have CC, it doesn't show up in my game (usually a Sim will lose hair/clothes when that happens).

What happened on both days that I tried this - several days apart - was that I would go to save it to my library, I only built the thing for the first time on that first day so it's not a multiples issue, and it would say that it's saved. I'd go into a new save file and go into my library, not there, then I'd search my username on the galley, also not there. I've saved it under three different names and did it on different days. I just don't know what the issue is.

And because I built the damn thing from my own imagination, it's not like I can just build it from a floor plan online. I'd have to draw out the floor plan and then rebuild it, which is just so much effort >.<

Thanks for trying to help though :)
_|Heather|_
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Yeah, sure. That's so weird. Sounds very frustrating. :(

In case anyone else is having a similar issue, I did find on page 3 of this thread on the official forums people saying that "paint from reference" paintings are being flagged as CC. So always tick that box first to check, because the game is so weird about what it considers modding or not!
TeeVee
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by TeeVee »

Ooo! There's 2 paint from reference paintings in the house I'm trying to upload. I wonder if that has anything to do with it...
_|Heather|_
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

I sometimes have that issue. If I click on my uploads/library, nothing, but if I click on my origin ID at the top right, sometimes there will be downloads "showcased" to my username that don't show up otherwise. It's really weird.

Return to “Sims 4 Help!”