Aliens with Normal Skin Tones

Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Aliens with Normal Skin Tones

Post by Taube »

I haven't been able to find anything about this, so I'm hoping someone can help. :)

My sim just went to Sixam twice via his rocket, and both times, all of the aliens he encountered had normal skin tones, in the peachy-medium range as far as I could tell. None of them were any of the alien colors! Is this a bug, and does anyone know a way to fix it? I'd love to bring back an alien, but only if they're interesting. Thanks!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Aliens with Normal Skin Tones

Post by Ani-Mei »

If you had them abducted then changed your defaults then the baby will have normal skin tones. It happened to me in my Apocalypse, I added new defaults after he was abducted and the baby came out as a normal skinned clone of his dad with the alien nose. Only way to fix it is to put in new defaults before you have another abduction. As for me, my alien clone is stuck that way I have no idea how to fix him.
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Thank you for answering, Ani-Mei. :) Unfortunately, that's not exactly my problem. There was no abduction; these are the aliens that wander around the hidden lot, Sixam, that you can reach via the fully upgraded rocket or the scientist's wormhole generator or whatever it's called. Also, I don't have any skin defaults for 4 at all. I appreciate you answering, though!
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I believe, as I haven't played much with aliens, that they have their alien appearance and a disguise. The disguise makes them look like normal sims.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

I thought that too, at first, but they're wearing their glowy alien suits and have their alien eyes and ears, and this is on Sixam, not in the general neighborhood, so I think they're undisguised, yet have the normal skin tones. I'm on a different computer than the one I play Sims on, but I'll try to post a picture later just in case that will help. Thank you for replying.

EDIT: Hopefully this clears things up a bit. They don't seem to be in disguises and you can see their pointy ears in this pic. I'm still not sure what's going on with their skintones though. :/
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

That is definitely weird. I have only been to Sixam twice and I don't remember looking at the wanderers.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

I've tried asking this question on a few forums, and although people have been nice, no one has really had an answer. After further testing, I discovered that in another neighborhood the aliens on Sixam looked the way they were supposed to - that is, with alien skintones. So it may just be this save, and it happens with or without mods. I don't know the reason for it. Unfortunately, this is my legacy save and I want my next heiress to marry an alien for the genetics, so I discovered a workaround. Apparently, using cas.fulleditmode to change the skin color before trying for baby will change the genetics of the changed sim and they can pass on the new skin color. Which brings me to my question:

Is cas.fulleditmode safe to use? I've seen a lot of posts in various places saying it isn't, but they're all old, like from 2014. Does anyone have experience with using it that can vouch for it or warn me against it? If I just save before and check all the relationships before saving again, would I be okay?

Thanks for any help! :)
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

I've not used it yet myself, but I know a few people who use it over at tumblr, and they're playing generation E of an alphabetacy in the same 'hood, which would suggest there aren't any serious issues related with the cheat.

Maybe back up your legacy family on the gallery beforehand? Just as a precaution? :)

I hope you get something sorted out!
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Thanks, Sam. I appreciate your reply. I will definitely back things up a few different ways just to make sure, but I'm going to try it! :)

Return to “Sims 4 Help!”