Is the 'hood about to go kaput?

Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Is the 'hood about to go kaput?

Post by Sam »

Hello!

So I've been playing the same 'hood for nearly 5 generations, and it's beginning to show some signs of wear-and-tear. The most terrifying of these is this:

Sims have disappeared from the family tree!

Both Alison & Dax, my founding couple, their eldest daughter Rhea & her branch of the family tree, Anne (gen 2 heiress) has lost her husband completely, and gen 3 siblings (who are alive and well in the 'hood) are showing up as half-siblings instead? Generation 3 spouse Grayson had a mother, but she's disappeared from the family tree as well.

Is it normal for the game to just get rid of bits, or is something going wrong?

I have the sims backed up, I'm just curious.

Thanks in advance!
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: Is the 'hood about to go kaput?

Post by Taube »

Hey, Sam. That's awful! I did some reading and apparently you're not the only one this has happened to. I've read that maybe the March 26th patch introduced more aggressive culling of dead/out of world sims, including ones in family trees. If the graves/urns of your sims are no longer linked to them, this is probably what happened. This mod may help prevent further culling, but I doubt it will fix the damage already done. :( Also, be careful with that mod because it can cause 'overgrowth' of the townie population since they won't be culled.

I'm not positive that this is what it is, but it seems to be the consensus in my search. I'm really sorry. That's really upsetting for legacy players in particular, and now I am worried about my family, so I am going to go check on them. I'm sorry I don't have a fix to offer you, but it does not sound like it is neighborhood corruption or anything. Apparently EA is looking into it.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Is the 'hood about to go kaput?

Post by Sam »

Well, at least I'm not the only one!

Tiny bit gutted, though. I thought the ghosts were showing up less than usual - I've only seen Anne and one of the dudes who just happened to die on the lot, so you're probably right, they're probably unlinked.

Oh well! At least I can keep playing :)

Return to “Sims 4 Help!”