Sims won't launch!

TeeVee
Great Britain

Post Counts

Sims won't launch!

Post by TeeVee »

So, on my main simming pc I've had this pop up come up on my intial launch a couple times:
Unable to start:
Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system. Please check that the video card meets the minimum specifications and that the latest video drivers are installed.
[0e6d1221:1df4e8dc:00000012d:912c9c10]
Now, usually, it would launch on the second attempt. Now it doesn't. My boyfriend installed this thing that let him go on my desktop via his home and he updated all my graphics drives and stuff and it still won't launch. I tried to load my pc on a clean boot (as was suggested on a Sims 4 forum) and it still didn't work.

I started thinking maybe it was just that pc so I installed origin on my new laptop and installed Sims 4 and tried to launch it. I initially got a different error code but then the second time I tried to load it, it made out like it was going to load and then just went non-responsive and closes.

So now I'm not sure what to do. I had started a new apocalypse on my simming pc just two nights ago and it's only since yesterday that it's stopped working. I don't have any mods or CC in my Sims 4 game so I know it's not that.

Any ideas?
_|Heather|_
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: Sims won't launch!

Post by Taube »

Have you tried it since you posted this? They released a patch that day. Did you get it? The first thing I can think of is maybe the patch didn't install correctly or something, or maybe it tried to run without the patch. Do you know if it patched successfully, and whether the problem started before or after the patch? I don't have the Computer Whiz aspiration, but that would be my first guess. ;)

Also, I don't know what forums you checked, but I found this, which seems related to your specific error code, and which has several problems/fixes associated with it.

Good luck!

Return to “Sims 4 Help!”