Bizarre Glitch

SummerSnows

Bizarre Glitch

Post by SummerSnows »

Hey guys, I had a really peculiar glitch tonight and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

I decided to rebuild my sim's home, so I shifted everyone outside, took out the furniture that I wanted to keep and destroyed everything else. I rebuilt the house from scratch and then directed my sims back inside. Everyone seems to be OK with this apart from my pregnant sim. She wouldn't go through any of the doors and instead complained about an obstruction. I tried all sorts to get her to go inside, but in the end the only thing that worked was demolishing a unit of wall. Obviously that isn't ideal so I just quit w/o saving and went back to the original design. Luckily I wasn't happy with how the new house looked and I hadn't spent too long on it, but this glitch has made me a little apprehensive to try rebuilding again just incase I get a design I do like that does take a while.

Anyway, all is fine now that things are back to how they were, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Re: Bizarre Glitch

Post by Rhea »

Hmm that is weird. I've never ran across that issue....
SummerSnows

Post by SummerSnows »

Indeed. I can only assume that her being pregnant is the reason for the glitch, but nevertheless it was odd. It has kind of put me off the idea of rebuilding their home now just incase it happens again :(
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

I've rebuilt a house with a pregnant sim before and was fine...maybe it only happens sometimes? I'd move them to a whole new lot.
SummerSnows

Post by SummerSnows »

I'm just going to assume that there was something that I forgot to do that caused it. Sometimes when building, I forget about having to edit the roof, so many that's what was wrong? I don't know, I'll keep an eye out for it happening again, but I think I'm probably just going to save up for a move and settle on a larger lot.
SummerSnows

Post by SummerSnows »

In case anyone is interested, I have an update on this.

It happened again today to two different sims, only neither of them were pregnant. They couldn't use the door for some reason which meant they just stood outside until their needs failed. 3 other sims on the lot were able to come in and out just fine, so I don't really know what's so special about these two. Anyway, I managed to fix it by taking one of them to another lot and then going back. Once I'd returned, normal service resumed.
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

Out of curiosity, have you tried using the cheat to reset a sim when this happens?

Return to “Sims 4 Help!”