Playing Guitar for Tips?

ambaharmony

Playing Guitar for Tips?

Post by ambaharmony »

I have a sim that needs to earn $100 in tips for her aspiration. I know that there is no specific "Play for Tips" interaction, and I've gotten a handful of tips before, but I'm finding it nearly impossible. My Sim will play for hours and get maybe one or two $8 tips because other sims just won't pay attention. I tried playing at the park and the nightclub. Everyone either is distracted by other things to do on the lot, or a few will gather around and watch but get caught up in conversations with each other and socialize instead of tipping. Has anyone found a way to get tips easier?
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Re: Playing Guitar for Tips?

Post by Rhea »

Nah, it's pretty tricky. I found the same thing. I had the most luck with playing for tips at the lounge. Parks were a complete bust.
lumasong

Post Counts

Post by lumasong »

I did better in the park (although for comedy, not guitar - I imagine it's the same thing), but I had to remove most of the chessboards, and still had trouble with sims grouping up and talking to each other instead of listening. I eventually got the tips I needed from hosting a party on my own lot, where I could control what sims had access to more easily.
ambaharmony

Post by ambaharmony »

I ended up finding out that one of the better ways to get tips is to queue up a bunch of individual songs to play instead of clicking "Practice" or anything else. After doing this my Sims started getting a significantly greater amount of tips.

Return to “Sims 4 Help!”