Have dominant and recessive genes returned?

SummerSnows

Have dominant and recessive genes returned?

Post by SummerSnows »

I've tried looking but haven't been able to find an answer. Does anyone know? IMO that was the best thing about the TS2 genetics, so it would be awesome if it were back!
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Re: Have dominant and recessive genes returned?

Post by Rhea »

I haven't been able to figure this out yet, but I've been watching. I'm curious myself, just haven't got far enough into the game yet.
DionysusDreams

Post by DionysusDreams »

I don't think so. I read somewhere that it's randomised from the parents but I could be wrong. Pretty sure dominant and recessive no longer exists though, sadly.
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

Yeah, if it's random, then it is really random. I had a 2 sims, fresh out of CAS that had a baby. The parents were brown hair and blonde hair. Kid came out with red hair. Confused me.
DionysusDreams

Post by DionysusDreams »

Wow, really? That sounds kind of silly :/ What about skintones and eye colour? Have you noticed anything about that yet?
So far in my legacy -
Spoiler:
both kids have their dad's skintone and hair colour. One of them has their mum's eyes and the other has their dad's eyes. I really want my founder to just have as many kids as possible so I can try to work out how the genes actually work. I would be pretty shocked and confused if one of them came out with black hair or something, it doesn't make sense to me.
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

Eye colour has actually been really normal! I'm doing a legacy where the trait that needs to be passed down is the teal eye colour, and it's going well. I'm seeing a pretty solid mix of both the parents eye colours in the children.

You should do a little experiment and start a thread in here to post the results! I'd love to see that. :)
Blaqhawk

Post by Blaqhawk »

And now with the new Alien eyes offered, I wonder how that will affect any genetic legacies being done; ie, are the alien eyes dominant or recessive?

That should be something to work out. Because, it seems to me that nearly all the alien eyes have their own distinct color pattern, which is certainly food for thought...

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”