Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: What EP's would you like to see?

Post by Teresa »

Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
DionysusDreams

Post by DionysusDreams »

I'm so excited! I'm updating my game right now. Though I don't have any dead sims so I probably won't see any ghosts for a while :(

But holy crap, I'm so shocked and surprised they're doing this, honestly. Ghosts, pools in November and careers in December, all for free. I really didn't think they would do this and I'm ecstatic that they've done it! It makes the future of TS4 look very, very bright.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

I am so pleased that they're giving us this stuff for free! I mean, this is TOTALLY out of character for EA! ...what's the catch? :shifty:

Seriously, though. I'm VERY excited right now. Here's hoping they have toddlers slated for January. ;)
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

Well that is definitely awesome! EA woke up!
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

I like they are doing it for free. Hopefully EA continues this trend and we will get the family trees and maybe even some story progression back for free. The Sims 3 had free stuff for the base game ever expansion but its great seeing them take the initiative and not waiting for one to update the game. I reckon we wont see the next expansion till next year. I was checking the release timings for other Sims and we might be waiting 5 months or more from release date of base game.
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

Yes, family trees! I think I miss those the most. I used that feature so often.
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Im seriously missing having toddlers. Im not one for keeping the baby in that age for long as im always eager to see its genetics. It just feels too rushed and sudden to have them go straight to childhood. Anyone know why they decided against toddlers in this game?!
Lorsty

Post by Lorsty »

If I were to guess, I'd say they (Maxis) didn't decide against it. EA did.

I imagine they didn't have enough time to finish that lifestage and, as EA probably didn't want to push back the release date, they released the game without Toddlers. That's probably what happened to ghosts and pools too (although we got/are getting those back).
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

I'm hoping they do bring in toddlers at some point. It's a good sign that they listened about ghosts and pools. I remember an interview where they were talking about how neither would be added later. Obviously, we're getting pools. Hope that means toddlers will come anyways. They'd probably do them in an EP though since so many would buy an EP for toddlers. Maybe a bit like TS3 generations EP? I'd love to see family trees back as well.
Lorsty

Post by Lorsty »

I'm pretty confident we'll get Toddler on the first expansion. If we didn't, the outcry would be tremendous.
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

Oh for sure, they'd have another fan riot on their hands. I hope we do get some new EPs though. One's we haven't seen the past would be a welcome change.
SummerSnows

Post by SummerSnows »

Lorsty wrote:I'm pretty confident we'll get Toddler on the first expansion. If we didn't, the outcry would be tremendous.
This. I mean, at this stage that's what the fans want the most, now that pools and ghosts are back. I'm hoping that they return family trees too, but I'm a little pessimistic there. Hopefully a modder can hack one into the game for those that want it.

But yeah, aside from toddlers, weather? TS3 Seasons was wonderful because it not only introduced weather, but seasonal holidays too. Snowflake day, leisure day etc were neat additions. In terms of something original, idk, I've always liked the idea of a crime & punishment EP, but I think to get that to work they'd have to go for a higher rating and they'd never do that. I just hope that whatever ideas they don't recycle aren't ridiculous. I.e. no time travel and we'll be fine.

Also, I found TS3 EPs on the whole to be seriously, seriously lacking of any actual content. TS2 EPs all felt much more concentrated in that respect, with the exception of Free Time (which was easily the worst). TS3 EPs (with the exception of Seasons) all felt like Free Time but with a focused theme, if that makes sense. Basically I thought they were all half-assed. I hope the TS4 EPs are of TS2 level quality.
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

Ditto to all of that ^^

I was thinking they'd announce a new EP soonish. You'd think they'd want one out in time for Christmas, but maybe not.
SummerSnows

Post by SummerSnows »

I guess they're just too busy patching in everything that should have been in the basegame *shrug*. I don't really want them to release an EP until around March or April. I just had a look at the release schedule for the TS3 EPs and it's no wonder so many of them were terrible! 6 were released from March 2012 to October 2013. That's barely 18 months, and IMO far too frequent. The only one within those last 6 that was halfway decent was Seasons.
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

I'd be okay if they were more spread out if they gave us more in them and they actually felt 'complete'.
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

Yea, I'd much prefer fewer more well thought out EP's than several rushed ones. Even if it means less chance of new ideas given the higher number of wanted EP remakes (Pets, Seasons, Late Night/Nightlife, OFB, etc).

And have a map of what EP's are going to be released when and what their focus will each be. Late Night and Showtime could have been one EP instead of two. Island Paradise and World Adventures could have been one EP (Isla Paradiso could have been worked into the pure Vacation world for those who did not want to do adventures).

I want to see well thought EP's that build upon the base game and have coding to work with previously released EP's.
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

I'd like to see something that really adds a ton of interactions and new challenges/things to do.

TS4 has definitely hit that boring "been there, done that" point now.
lindiedb

Post by lindiedb »

I used to hate toddlers, but now I find myself missing the little buggers. Sim life feels incomplete without potty training and toddler poopin' faces. Wonder if they'd have emotions as well; I can just imagine an angry, screaming toddler.

Old EPs I wouldn't mind seeing return are: seasons, pets, supernatural, showtime

I am very much hoping against vacation spot EPs like Bon Voyage/World Adventures. Never got into those much. Maybe it's sour grapes: if I can't go on holiday, neither can my sims.

I'm conflicted about something like University. One the one hand, playing through that gets incredibly tedious, on the other hand: college rock radio, my favourite station ever!
Greyheart Project | Wonderchild Challenge | TS4
Whirligig

Post by Whirligig »

Score one more for toddlers. Though I'm just excited for more worlds - I feel as though I've exhausted Willow Creek and Oasis Springs and I want more towns to explore!

Also, harking back to the days of TS1, how would people feel about a Makin' Magic style EP?
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

Ugh, if you look that says it is a game pack.

I hope they haven't done away with expansions completely.

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”