House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Sims 4 City Living EP

Post by Jesslb429 »

I just saw that they announced a new EP! :thup:

From the trailer they have on the official news site, it looks to be a nice blend of Apartment Life(TS2) and Late Night(TS3) by adding apartments and a new city.

Sims 4 City Living

^ Link to the news page.

So what do you all think? I know I could use an infusion to get me back into it, but what about you guys? Yay or nay?
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
lumasong

Post Counts

Re: Sims 4 City Living EP

Post by lumasong »

If we had things like seasons, pets, toddlers, generations, I might be more interested in yet another Expansion Pack centered around adults.

I can't see me even bothering with this one.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

They sure do like rehashing old ideas don't they? And yet still no toddlers? Well for me I can't be bothered, I don't have a computer that can handle Sims 4 anyway. Apparently it's too "advanced" for a seven year old desktop to handle. And the less said about my crashy Windows 8.1 laptop the better. It can run Sims 4.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Some of the the stuff intrigues me, and I love the aesthetic. I will be waiting to see/read some reviews before I make my mind up completely, though.
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

I like the aesthetic and am excited to get festival type things in 4 - I will be getting t when it goes down in price or is on sale. I agree that they're reusing a lot of old ideas which in one way I'm like OH I LOVED THAT IN TS3 but then I also really want them to do something mind blowing and new so when I spend however much it doesn't feel like I'm just rebuying something I already own
KatieCat

Post by KatieCat »

It seems like a pretty good idea, but it also seems like it doesn't add very much? Maybe it's just that the sims team is keeping most things under wraps, but this seems like a very 'forced' idea. As in, something to put out just to put out an EP (since we haven't had one in a year). I'm sure I'll get it eventually...on sale. :P If it was a game pack I might thing differently.
Oh, Baby! A WYDC
Thanks Nicola for the set!
Wynter
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Wynter »

I do like the...community ish feel it seems they are trying to give it. I think apartments might be great for housing multiple generations of the same family. But I really need toddlers more than I need apartments. I also need pets more than I need apartments. I also need seasons more than I need apartments. Basically, there's a lot of stuff I need more than I need apartments....
Repo

Post by Repo »

I personally love the looks of it, and we do need an extra-world... But we REALLY need a Generatioms-esque pack with Toddlers even more. I hope that and seasons are the next too.

Imm extremely excited about the returning careers though. Especially since they seem at least partially GTW style (which could've been better, but any interactivity is still a step in the right direction)
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Wynter wrote:I do like the...community ish feel it seems they are trying to give it. I think apartments might be great for housing multiple generations of the same family. But I really need toddlers more than I need apartments. I also need pets more than I need apartments. I also need seasons more than I need apartments. Basically, there's a lot of stuff I need more than I need apartments....

Haha, completely feel you on this.
Exactly what I would have posted!
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

Man, a small part of me wishes I never mentioned anything. I'm sorry. :sorry: :frown:

A lot of things brought up are why I have mostly stop playing TS4. I was mostly hoping to get hyped for the possibility the something new might revitalize the game for me and for everyone. I haven't been EA biggest fan lately, even if they hold me hostage with BioWare and the Sims being through them. I want to love 4 as much as I love the other games, but the way they are handling content(either withholding/not making it or parceling it out this slowly) is making it extremely hard.

Again, I'm sorry,guys. It's never my intention to upset anyone or bring up a divisive issue. :sorry:
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Jesslb429 wrote:Man, a small part of me wishes I never mentioned anything. I'm sorry. :sorry: :frown:

A lot of things brought up are why I have mostly stop playing TS4. I was mostly hoping to get hyped for the possibility the something new might revitalize the game for me and for everyone. I haven't been EA biggest fan lately, even if they hold me hostage with BioWare and the Sims being through them. I want to love 4 as much as I love the other games, but the way they are handling content(either withholding/not making it or parceling it out this slowly) is making it extremely hard.

Again, I'm sorry,guys. It's never my intention to upset anyone or bring up a divisive issue. :sorry:

I dont know what you mean? Everytime they announce a new EP we all have a good moan that it's not what we wanted. Not to say that I wont be buying it haha!
I dont know why you think you upset anyone, but you havnt atall haha. Dont be offended that the majority of us are a bit meh about it, im still excited for it just not as excited as if it was pets or seasons :cover:
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

I tend to be really hard on myself about things. Especially when I'm trying to fit in somewhere. I'm sure I'll be buying the EP too, eventually. But I kind of panicked and started berating myself for kicking up dust because through my eyes I saw a dust tornado(does that make sense?). A did look at this again yesterday and kicked myself for putting it down because, after having clearer eyes, it wasn't as bad as I seemed to think.

And I whine and moan about the games as well. I don't know why my brain lost it. I do agree that this feels like an attempt to placate us for a little, while simultaneously not really bringing in too much that we have been asking for. With 2 and 3, we had some really neat EPs added and the games were expanded. We weren't longing for features that should have shipped with the game or have been added already, 2 years after the game's release. Seriously, 2 years without toddlers is nuts.

Tl;DR- I'm hard on myself and can end up with egg on my face when my brain calms down. Also bring back toddlers.
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Well you certainly don't have to be so hard on yourself here at Boolprop! <3 :hug:
platformperil
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Post by platformperil »

For me, this looks exciting. I'm really looking forward to playing around with the City. The new careers and skills sound so cool too!
Uta No Prince Sama!
Chels
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Steam ID: Chiance
Origin ID: Chelsey_m23
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Chels »

I'm so excited!! 1 more hours until the release here in the US!
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

I've only played a little bit. Wow, there is a lot of new content, and a lot of the clothes are colorful! That could be a good or bad thing. Some of them are just plain weird, which often happens when EA attempts anything other than mainstream US-centric clothing, but I appreciate the efforts. I like the new hairs a lot. Haven't played with build or buy mode much. I'm working on the new City Native aspiration with a throwaway sim who also has the new Vegetarian trait, but not Unflirty because that sounds like a pain, lol. The city is pretty but kind of limited, and sometimes it does weird things to the camera if you're at the edge of the playable area, like sending you shooting up over the buildings when you're trying to look at something on the ground. My sim is in Social Media but hasn't actually gone to work yet. She did make a friend and give an apartment key away, and got mad at the couple next door for being noisily 'romantic.' :spin:

One legacy problem I forsee is that City Native requires you to live in an apartment at the highest tier. So I don't know how that will work. I saw that, on the official legacy site, they are updating the random traits/aspirations generator. I hope they address this issue or make a ruling on it.
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

I was going to wait till payday... but I've caved and just bought it. Currently installing as we speak.... Im currently doing a WYDC so, a big family.... I'm not sure how thats going to work in apartments but hey, lets try!!
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

I bought it yesterday( somehow my budget has got a lot of wiggle room this pay cycle) and hopped in for a bit. I have to say Taube is so right about much stuff there is and how colorful it is. It is all very pretty!
Spoiler:
There are a few neat features I saw just in short while I played.
]For instance, when I hopped into an apartment, there was a notice that said it was on lay lines and that there was a weird chance of multiples.
Plus I really like the new hood. Again, very colorful. And I say that as someone who thinks TS4 is the most colorful of the games. I've only checked out the adult female content and it is nice. I also agree that there are a few pieces at are...odd and may not keep for a while. Much like the one outfit some TS2 in the dancer career. The blue one with the suspenders on the very low riding pants and crop top. Very early Brittany Spears(is she still relevant? I live under a rock). But that seems par for the course. The thing that will prove it is if the features can stand the next few months. I typically base my like/dislike on pack or EP on whether it will be fun in a few months. My favorite TS3 and TS2 EPs and packs are the ones I still REALLY enjoy and make the game the most fun now. It's why I enjoy Get to Work more than Get Together. Get to Work is still a lot of fun when I play, but Get Together can frustrate me.

In summation, I have hope for this one. It may not have features I have been hoping for, but if it is good enough I may be able to forget for a little while :angel1:
Wynter
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Wynter »

I've been reading reviews and looking at screenshots...I want it but I'm just really afraid I'm going to keep giving in and buying everything they sell me (even though I say I won't buy anything else until they give me toddlers) and I will still end up not only minus toddlers, but minus a boatload of money. Like I'm afraid to keep investing in a game that is so obviously lacking because at the end of day, I'm probably going to go back to sims 3, because more often than not, it's families I play, and I need lifestages! :(
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

After reading an article today while I was looking for why Sims 4 was updating, it seems to me that the devs don't have their heads where the fans are. It talked about the fact that there is celebrity edition of CIty Living in the works and they are already talking Sims 5. While the projected release is about at the typical five year mark, I don't remember any talk of Sims 4 in the earlier days of 3.

I haven't been enjoying City Living as much as I had hoped, which I something that makes me a bit sad. I've been trying to find ways to soothe my disappointment with the shoddiness of the lifestages (no toddlers, teens just being shorter YAs and infants being object) but even I am losing my steam. I was working on a Monster Mash for TS4, but I've fatigued myself of the game. There are little things that I could do, but in the context of a challenge, I need more. More for my kids to do and more engagement from parents.

I've always been a little disappointed in the game. While I like emotions and the art style, they strip A LOT out of what made TS2 and TS3 great. And I'm not even talking about TS2 and TS3 in their current states. If you look at Sims 2 at this point and Sims 3 at this point, there was a lot more to do an explore. I constantly tell my sister that it is two steps forward, but one step back.

But I digress. I still love the franchise and the optimist in me hopes that they start listening. Also, I'm still amazed at what some have done with it, challenge wise. I'll keep playing, reading the legacies and challenges on here, and hoping for those deeply sought after features we are missing.

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”