Sims 4 Dine Out

Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Re: Sims 4 Dine Out

Post by Abby »

Urgh I'm so mad right now. I decided to buy the pack, despite knowing I cant really afford it... oopsie!
And the minute I buy a resturaunt, its bugs and glitches galore!

I hire staff, staff dont turn up and dont show up in the employee manager bit but wont let me hire someone else because my one spot is 'filled' by an invisible sim!

It wont let me close the resturaunt or anything. Urgh. so buggy. D;
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

:sigh: I hope you manage to get it working, Abby

I bought it today but haven't had a chance to play yet. Hopefully it all runs smoothly!
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

I managed to figure out the employee thing... apparantly when your game gets to a certain populated point sims start to get culled at the end of the night... which was what was happening to my employee's!

So thats happening now. Enjoying it a lot more now!

Is anyone else having issues that the customers are taking FOREVER to eat? Like seriously, they sit there for like 10 hours. D;
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

I didn't know the game would cull people in a populated game. And you'd think it'd at least cull the sims not involved in any gameplay!

I found time to play last night. I sent a couple out to a restaurant for a date. Took a little while for food to arrive, but I was in no rush so not bothered by it really.
I also managed to accidentally order them dessert instead of a main meal, though, because I thought I was ordering both mains and dessert at the same time :lol: My sim also spat out her food which amused me.
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Hahah Sam I did that! I thought you selected all of the meal at the same time, and ended up with desert just showing up and then I realised how it works. xD

Overall, Im quite liking the game pack so far! I really like the running the resturaunt aspect - although just like regular businesses, I'm finding it very difficult to make money!
Customer turn around is EXTREMELY slow. I'll have like 4 parties come in at once, but then stay for like 10 hours meaning no one else shows up untill after they leave!
Very irritating. :(
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Just an FYI, I just merged the thread from TS4 chat with the thread in EP's. As its technically about an EP so should be in this forum. :D No worries though.

Anyone else played it yet? After a few days of playing it now, I absolutely love it! I love taking my little sim families out for dinner, and running a resturaunt is quite cool!
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

I love it too. I don't know why, but sending my sims out for a meal just really pleases me. I haven't tried running a restaurant yet, but I kind of want to. I'm glad it came with several different restaurants in the pack. I've been enjoying trying out different ones with different families. :)
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Plus it wont be long till some talented restaurant builders upload some to the gallery for us to use too. :P
ZaleISBI
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by ZaleISBI »

I have this, and I'm enjoying it VERY much. I have a Sim running the Sunnyside Dinner (or whatever it is, it's a Maxis restaurant from the Gallery) and it is SO MUCH FUN! I've been working hard on training and leveling employees, and I've been beyond entertained. I unlocked the second server, and I just hired any ol' person, since they're all pretty unskilled. It was an older lady who stomped around incredibly grouchy, kicked over the trash bin, then threw a beverage in my Sim's face! THE OWNER! She was promptly fired, and we tried again with someone not so awful. It was hilarious.

My chef is excellent and well trained, but she says it's not her dream job, and that bums me out. Don't want to replace her, but I don't want her to be unhappy either.

As soon as I hired in a second server and host, I promoted my original two to "level 2" and that seemed to work well.

LOVE all the new food. Love the phone calls too, friends inviting you out for breakfast, etc. Very fun.

I have found it takes a little long, but I haven't encountered things like some of the posters above. Sims have been sitting through their meals no problem (unless REALLY need to wee) and having nice experiences.

I haven't managed to pay a bill yet... I end up just leaving and they charge me saying "don't do it again..." and although I've done it several times, no further ramifications have happened.

I can open a restaurant for about 12 hours before employees (and my Sim) show signs of fatigue. Only thing I really don't like, is when you close, everyone just ups and leaves... It would be nice if already seated guests finished their meals and paid...
KatieCat

Post by KatieCat »

^ I've noticed that you can select the hostess stand and select "Disallow New Customers"! So if your sims are getting antsy to go home, you can select that and other sims won't show up to the restaurant. :)
Oh, Baby! A WYDC
Thanks Nicola for the set!
ZaleISBI
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by ZaleISBI »

KatieCat wrote:^ I've noticed that you can select the hostess stand and select "Disallow New Customers"! So if your sims are getting antsy to go home, you can select that and other sims won't show up to the restaurant. :)
Well that's fantastic! Thanks!

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”