House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Steam ID: Chiance
Origin ID: Chelsey_m23
United States of America

Post Counts

Sims 4 Dine Out Game Pack

Post by Chels »

This is coming out on June 7th!! Sims 4 Dine Out I'm excited this should be fun...remember sims 1? I think sims 2 had this too... I'm excited!!!
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Sims 4 Dine Out Game Pack

Post by Teresa »

I was wondering when they were going to announce the next release - this is a game pack, so I am also wanting a stuff pack and an expansion for a Spring Trifecta... no?
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Ooh, this looks cool. The game packs seem to be things that are really fun but most people only do so often. Like, I don't take my sims to the spa everyday, but I love that pack. This looks (based on the trailer) pretty well-implemented. I'll be interested to see more. I wonder how it will work with GTW businesses?
Chels
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Chels »

Teresa I think that there is another stuff pack also coming out..kids stuff it looks like.. I dunno it said late spring for that one. Taube I was wondering about that too. I hope its a little different. Looks pretty cool!
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Yeah I heard rumours of a kids stuff pack somewhere along the grapevine.

Eh, not too sure about this game pack. Will probably get it though! Im more eagarly awaiting about the next EP.
Chels
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Chels »

Check out this video guys it's pretty cool!!! New video!
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I haven't even played the Sims in so long because my computer can't handle it, but I'm so excited. I'm looking forward to having a computer that can actually play the game without overheating and shutting off, and then I'm gonna buy all the expansions, game packs, and stuff packs that I've missed over the last year. :spin:
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Wow, this looks pretty cool. I normally hate running any kind of business, but I do love customization so this has me interested. :D
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Sims 4 Dine Out

Post by Abby »

Have you all heard about the new game pack coming out?

It's released in a few days, what do you all think about it? Dont know if I'm going to get it right away, but looks like quite a cool new feature!

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/sims ... estaurants

I'm a bit unsure about whether we are able to own restaurants or not though!
cowplant

Post Counts

Re: Sims 4 Dine Out

Post by cowplant »

From what I get from the trailers and previews, sims will own restaurants and manage them, not unlike the businesses from GTW.
I'd even guess that it's pretty much the same programming, just a little specalized, but I'm not an expert on that, so...

I really hope that this game pack will feature something else too. Just restaurants...eh. I mean, there is a strange new lot type in the game, and what I get from Sims studio, you can create content for a lifestate called "Witch". I really hope that they come in this game pack.
~ Winner of the Golden Plumbbobs in the categories of ~
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Find me on:
[Tumblr] ~ [Twitch] ~ [Wordpress] ~ [Youtube]
[The Viridi (Video) Chronicles]
My little lazy legacy
KatieCat

Post by KatieCat »

I admit I'm not so excited about owning and running restaurants, because that gets old really quick for me. However, I'm super excited about the new foods!! I love the cooking skill in the sims 4, and the more "experimental" dishes intrigue me greatly. I'm also excited to have my sims go to restaurants, which is what I wanted in Get Together. I think dinner is the perfect place for sims go to on dates!
Oh, Baby! A WYDC
Thanks Nicola for the set!
Chels
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Chels »

So excited!!! Yay! I'm excited for the new food as well :)
Chels
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Chels »

Here is a little spoiler from my game! I love this pack already.
Spoiler:
Roasted chicken with rootbeer floats!! Yum! Image
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Anyone bought this yet?

I dont really have the money right now... so was planning on waiting. But im sooo tempted to get it haha.
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

I bought it. Here's an informal review I wrote somewhere else, copied and pasted over. Lots of pics of a restaurant date. :) Overall, I like it, but there isn't much to do besides . . . dine out. That and open restaurants, which work very similarly to GTW retail shops. So people should judge whether those two experiences are worth the price for them. ;)
Spoiler:
Meet Carter and Chelsea Osborn, our lovely restaurant-loving couple.

The clothes and hair options are not very stunning, though the few they have are nice. Carter's hair, shirt, and pants came with the pack. There's a few other tops for males (or females with the latest patch, but you know what I mean). Most of the full body outfits and pants are restaurant wear, like for a waiter or chef.

The same is true for the ladies' offerings, though it did come with this hair that I'm absolutely in love with. This is a full body outfit and the women's hair that came with it. I totally forgot to look at what children got, if anything. So don't buy this pack for the CAS offerings. ;)

The game suggested I place a restaurant, just like it did with a spa in spa day. So I did and sent the Osborns there. Turns out it's the fancy experimental restaurant, so they automatically changed into formal. That's a nice touch for setting the right mood.

Bad overhead shot of part of the restaurant. It's swanky, but I don't think anyone can actually get to the 'stage' area, which is probably just as well so you don't have random sims with no piano skill making the diners tense.

Lots of familiar faces since this is a brand-new neighborhood. Apparently the Spencer-Kim-Lewis household runs this one. Alice is on hostess duty.

Dennis is the chef.

Vivian's the mixologist.

Shot of the main dining area. Enough with the tour! Let's eat already!

The general dining experience was in some ways very similar to Sims 2, which is both good and bad. We got seated in the bar area instead of the dining room, but whatever. I'm not bitter. So seating seems to be pretty random. It was private for a little while, until Mortimer and Katrina came and were seated in the same area. That pairing makes me raise an eyebrow. Hopefully they're just dining as friends.

Here's how you order. You pick one drink and one dish from any category for each of your sims. It can be all the same or different for each sim. After you finish one course, you can order more if you like. These are all experimental dishes. The ones with a gold circle are "chef's choice" which apparently are discounted. The cost is deducted automatically when you choose to end the meal, so no dining and dashing this time around.

Don was our waiter. He was pretty competent. There was no spilled food, thank goodness.

It was still early in the day and both sims got a flirty moodlet for something like "breakfast date" or something, so they mostly just flirted with each other while waiting until I made Carter draw on a placemat. Apparently adults can do that too. It builds painting skill in adults, and they were still able to talk while he was drawing.

While waiting for the meal, I watched Don and the other diners. Interesting couples. Disappointingly, they don't actually really 'serve' the dish. Don would carry out a steaming tray and then it would disappear and the food and drinks would appear on the table. Missed chance for an animation here. It was interesting seeing what different sims ordered. I've only seen the experimental food offerings, but it was quite varied.

Finally the food arrived! It is bizarre and delightful. Chelsea is a foodie who really enjoyed her wine, and I ordered her the chef's special since I thought maybe it was recommended for higher quality, but I found out later it was just a deal, like I said.

The Osborns had much the same reaction I have when eating suspicious food. "I have no idea what I'm eating, but I think I like it. Maybe? Hmm. One more bite." They kept looking at their food and making sounds at it. Foodie Chelsea took a picture of her dish, which I didn't get to aim or anything, and it went directly into her inventory. It was the same format as a large vertical photograph, and it looked pretty nice.

Both of them got different positive moodlets from their experimental food that I wish I had written down. They were funny. Anyway, dinner was a success and with the food moodlets boosting flirty, Carter was apparently ready to make babies following that spectacular meal, if his whims are to be believed. ;)

Next time I play these guys: Chelsea will open a restaurant! Yay! :D Build and buy mode have a great selection for restaurants, but the selection could also enrich your kitchens and dining spaces.

Preliminary verdict: This has two experiences: dining out, which is nice but not something you're going to do all the time, and owning and managing a restaurant. It's a pack that is very focused on its theme, and I think is building on the general experience of owning a business. So consider that if you're thinking about buying. Besides taking couples or the family out occasionally, it doesn't add much to legacy living unless you want to run a family restaurant. I do like it so far, though. :)
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Ooooh, thank you very much for your review! It was very helpful :)
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

That female hair is so cute!

I also heard you could click on a table and asked to be seated there? I don't have the pack yet, it was just something I heard in a different review.
Chels
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Chels »

Ya I love it.. It's nice for my sims to have date night :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KatieCat

Post by KatieCat »

I bought it the other day and so far so good! I would say it is sort of like Spa Day, where it doesn't add that much to the game but more than a stuff pack. (Which is the point of a game pack I suppose. :P ) I've had a lot of fun going to restaurants and some of the clothes and hairs are very cute! One of the interactions I really like is that sometimes your friends or potential lovers will ask to go out to dinner with you! Your sim has to pay for the meal, and it's really just going out to dinner but for some reason I love it. :)

I'm not sure if it's just my game, or if it's like this for everyone, but it seems like it takes forEVER for my sims to actually sit down and eat all their food. I can have some sims arrive at about 9pm and they don't leave until around midnight. So often I only allow my sims to get the entree instead of the appetizers and dessert. I do, however, love that they can drink drinks along with their meal! This makes it seem much more realistic, but could be the reason they eat so fricken' slow. I've also had some trouble with my dates or friends that I can't control getting up and leaving. For example, one of my sims is dating an aged up Alexander Goth and he would often get up from the table and randomly stand somewhere else. Not sure if this was a glitch, or if he just had to pee and couldn't figure out how to get to the bathroom. :P

As for running a restaurant I find it fun, for the most part. It's very hard to run a restaurant while also watching the rest of the family, especially if the rest of the family has their own jobs or school to attend. It also sucks that your sim can only be a manager, and not a hostess or chef or any other part of the restaurant. I've also had trouble with my hostesses being a little mean to the guest and my waiters often take forever to actually get meals to sims, but this could be because they are not as well trained as they could be.

Overall it's a fun pack, and it was definitely what I needed to get myself back into playing the sims again!
Oh, Baby! A WYDC
Thanks Nicola for the set!
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Sam wrote:I also heard you could click on a table and asked to be seated there? I don't have the pack yet, it was just something I heard in a different review.
Ooh, that's good to know. I'll have to try it.

I sent a family of five out to the breakfast place because as far as I can tell, it is only one of two pre-made restaurants that have tables that seat more than four. They had a good time, although one of the bathrooms seemed to be blocked for some reason, so everyone had to take turns using one bathroom after they had had their coffees and other drinks. :spin:

Mine seem to work pretty well as restaurants and I'm personally happy with the speed of the whole affair. I haven't tried running a restaurant yet, but I'm curious about it.

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”