Get Together EP

Marq

Get Together EP

Post by Marq »

Has everyone else seen the announcement trailer for the Get Together expansion pack that's coming out? Here's the YouTube LINK

What are you looking forward to the most in this pack? Are you excited for it?

I feel like this is a combination of Night Life and University for some reason after watching the trailer. We're getting a group system, according to a TSR video interview, that reminds me of the system that was in TS2 and TS3 (though I hope your dates drop off gifts like they did in TS2. That was so cute!).

I'm most looking forward to the fire dancing! I spin poi in real life, though I still haven't done any spinning with fire yet. It'll be awesome to have my hippie simself going around in TS4! ^_^ Also, CLOSETS!!! ZOMG!
Mauricette
Steam ID: coag27
Origin ID: DiamondCoyote

Post Counts

Re: Get Together EP

Post by Mauricette »

I definitely see nightlife in here. But what I'm most excited about is that the new neighborhood looks like Veronaville. The stories and characters were a bit dull, but the neighborhood was absolutely beautiful.
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Meh, Im not liking the look of it so far from what ive seen from the trailer. Like, it seems to add some little small things buts what the big major overall add on from this expansion? Hmm Yeah, seems to add party-type nightlife sort of stuff but nothing that major. Hoping more info is released soon!
lumasong

Post Counts

Post by lumasong »

I'm personally hoping for some kind of chemistry system. The only actual hint is the build up to the closet, so I may be disappointed, but I'm still hoping!

I am too having difficulty pinning down exactly what this expansion is going to add. A new neighborhood, but they added one of those for free? And some new activities, I guess. Without more details, it feels more like a Game Pack than a real Expansion Pack. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'll buy it anyway, of course. /noselfcontrol
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

I wonder what these clubs are going to be. Like are we talking clubbing as in dancing or book clubs. I hope the main feature really lets us control the clubs a lot like the features in Get to Work for retail. We need more content and I'm still a bit confused as to what this expansion is about.
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Moggy, I got the impression they'll be a bit more like a mix between the outing groups you could control in Nightlife and the social groups they introduced in Freetime. So more like book clubs than dancing clubs. ;) From the post here on the official site:
Your Sims will be able to join different Clubs, each with their own interests, personalities, and styles. They have defined behaviors that dictate how they tend to act, including how they treat other Sims, and what they do or don't like to do. There will be a variety of Clubs waiting for your Sims when you first load up the expansion pack, but you’re also able to create and customize your own. You can set their requirements, decide what behaviors they have, choose their preferred hang outs, and even give them distinct rewards.
I agree with what others have said about being a little confused about the main 'theme' of this EP, but I'm still looking forward to it and want to see what it includes for myself. That said, I find it interesting that both the EPs so far have really focused on getting out of the house when many people really just want more to do at home. They've made some interesting choices, that's for sure. Like lumasong, I am also hopeful for chemistry.
ZaleISBI
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by ZaleISBI »

I'm super excited, personally. It looks beautiful and fun! The game has grown quickly, and I have to say with all the new additions, there's already a ton of stuff I haven't played around with yet...
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Whats everyones current thoughts on this? With the release date getting closer now, I just dont really see what this expansion pack is REALLY adding? It dosnt seem as much of a gigantic game changer as expansion packs normally are. D;

Maybe im just not looking at the right sort of information for it... Hey. I'll probably still end up buying it though!
ZaleISBI
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by ZaleISBI »

I have pre-ordered it, so I can let you know what it's all about as soon as it launches!
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

To me, the EP looks like a bigger game pack in the sense that it adds a bunch of new locations, but the only feature it seems to add is the club system. Hopefully it surprises me.
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Jacob wrote:To me, the EP looks like a bigger game pack in the sense that it adds a bunch of new locations, but the only feature it seems to add is the club system. Hopefully it surprises me.

Yes, I agree! Although I'm excited for the new locations, there isnt much change to gameplay! Which is something I want - day to day changes in my gameplay! ie. pets, weather... university! I know theyre trying new things but those are classic EP's that I would absolutely love! Not minor little changes that I wont use on a day to day sim basis. :sarcastic:
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

There will be a variety of Clubs waiting for your Sims when you first load up the expansion pack, but you’re also able to create and customize your own. You can set their requirements, decide what behaviors they have, choose their preferred hang outs, and even give them distinct rewards.
This is the part that has me wondering how this will work. Especially with legacies and other challenges.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
singinghymns
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by singinghymns »

If it operates like Get to Work, I would love it. I agree I would love more stuff to do at home, rather than run around town, because I am personally a homebody, but to have fun options that give me goals to complete like at work (Get to Work), I think that would be awesome. I really, really, really enjoy Get to Work. I have to have goals to complete to keep my attention from wandering.
ZaleISBI
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by ZaleISBI »

I recently watched a trailer for it, and I think it's a great way to meet spouses and friends. Like minded Sims who share interests!
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Ooh, I hadn't thought of that, but using it to meet similar sims is a great idea. :) I just preordered. I've been trying to send my sims out more on outings and dates, so I'm hoping this will make it even more enticing. I'm excited to explore the new world, as well. This EP didn't excite me at first, but I'm cautiously optimistic now, and I'm incautiously optimistic about new hair and clothes, which is my favorite part of any pack!
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I have been preordered so long I forgot I preordered. Good thing they sent me a reminder email. :)

Two more days, ish, I think
nicholaplaysthesims
Steam ID: alpha_ddeathclaw
Origin ID: laaputa
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by nicholaplaysthesims »

We get it in the UK on the 9th so Wednesday, looking forward to it since I've recently gotten re-obsessed with TS4! :3
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

One more hour - it is available for download at 11pm. But I am not staying up, so tomorrow will have to do.
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

I did stay up and I'm really excited to play more tomorrow. Any time EA tries to do "trendy" they have some pretty egregious misses when it comes to fashion, but there is actually quite a lot of very usable stuff. Several great new hairstyles for both genders of children, as well as lots for older sims. I only got a look at a fraction of the buy mode items. The build mode items make me want to rebuild my legacy house because I love the style of some of them. I took the quickest peek at the club system and it seems really interesting. There's new traits and a new aspiration, which is of course club-related. Haven't seen much of Windenburg yet but there are so many different types of lots and occupied houses on the map! I'm excited to check out who the occupants are. I can't stay up late enough to actually play but I'm really looking forward to it tomorrow! :thup:
ZaleISBI
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by ZaleISBI »

Yeah, I had to work both of my jobs yesterday, I wish I'd logged in and downloaded it though. And tonight I have company. Boo. I mean YAY! Social activities!

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”