Get Together EP

lumasong

Post Counts

Re: Get Together EP

Post by lumasong »

I dunno, to me this seems more like a game pack than an EP. And they still haven't tied the new skills to any aspirations or careers, which is a major miss for me. I only spent a few hours on it of course, and what I have is fun, I'm just not seeing how it could tie into my everyday play, rather than a sim I made specifically for this purpose. My sim was at that gathering for almost 24 hours, which would be a real pain if I had other people at home. I have trouble leaving the lot because I'm leaving other people behind, and this doesn't really address that issue. A lot of the new items give you ways to stay away from home for longer, which is great from a single-sim play perspective, and not so great for family-play.

Overall, after just a few hours playing, I think it's fun but probably not worth the price point.

The outfits and hair are cute though, so buy it anyway. XD
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

After playing a few hours I mostly did the groups thing and there's a lot more to this expansion that meets the eye. It might not be an obvious one like get to work or say other sims3 expansion but I am finding myself liking it a lot. It's got a lot you can do with it and it's surprisingly freeform. I think I've only scratched the surface. Other things that I've noticed but haven't had a chance to work with are dancing, DJ and barrister options and I'm sure I'm forgetting or haven't discovered others. To sum up my initial impressions of the ep is that it has surprised me a lot especially as a person who was sceptical of it.
singinghymns
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by singinghymns »

I was enjoying playing this new EP, until my computer shut itself off, and really like that I can meet people by joining a group. Normally, I play a solitary game, with just one sim, and I avoid any of the traits that require too much socializing, but there are times when I would like to expand my family and it gets hard to meet other sims that are not married or together with someone. So I end up breaking a couple up. When you join a group, you get to know pretty fast their relationship status, and you know quickly if they have the same interests as you do. And I really like that there are approved and unapproved activities while you are gathering. If I am feeling a little mischievous, I can be naughty instead of nice. :twisted: On the downside, I was hoping there would be more goals to meet, as I love that about Get To Work. As you meet those goals, your job performance goes up. I would have liked to see something like that in this EP. I have not been able to play for long, because my computer was trying to eat my cat's hair and shut off, so as I get into it some more, I will post my experiences. :bounce:
ZaleISBI
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by ZaleISBI »

Yes, I barely messed with it myself, as where I am in my current play file, I wasn't at a point where I could just go gallivanting around and join a club, but it seems super cool! Although, I was a little disappointed. I was making a club, and my idea for it was a "mommies" club, I thought it would be so cool, and the only requirement was going to be "have a child" but it wasn't an option! I thought that was kind of disappointing... but that tiny little hiccup aside, I'm super happy I have it, and I know there's lots of things about the EP that will slide its way in to your regular game play. (Oh yeah, I was also pretty disappointed that there STILL are only those 4 aspirations for kids. I thought there should be a club one or something...)
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

I must admit I'm really like the clubs. They way you can change people behaviour in a way you couldn't before is very fun. I made a cooking club and was delighted they all just got up and started cooking.
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Good reviews so far guys, I may treat myself to this in January when I have some money! :)
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Right... So ive finally got the EP! Only played for an hour so far, so first impressions so far - Im actually pleasantly suprised! I made a sim, and had her join the good timers. I love the way its so easy to make friends - something the game was seriously lacking, it was so hard to make friends and maintain them!
She then went on to audition and join for the partihaus group - love this clubbing group, and the whole 'being romantic with everybody' ... classic!!

I love the new clothing and hairstyles - and the new town? STUNNING. Im definitley going to be playing in this neighbourhood for the forseeable future!! Anyways, good reviews from me so far... which is impressive since i was very doubtful!
DreamWeaver

Post Counts

Post by DreamWeaver »

I have it and put it on my laptop. Haven't played since the other day!

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”