First expansion trailer released - On The Job/Get to Work!

DionysusDreams

First expansion trailer released - On The Job/Get to Work!

Post by DionysusDreams »

The first expansion pack trailer has been released (I think mistakenly!) by The Sims Norway! The trailer has been taken down now unfortunately, but I'll update this post when a new one becomes available.

But from what we saw it looks like there will be at least 3 new active careers - police/detective, doctor and scientist. It even looked like babies can now be born in hospitals! We saw some stores and a bakery or a restaurant, just like TS2 OFB, which is awesome in my opinion. Oh, we also saw some sims being locked up in a prison which could be very interesting. As expected, it says the expansion will be released sometime in April this year!

Personally, when Ambitions came out for TS3 I tried the active careers and I didn't like them all that much. However, I don't like gameplay in TS3 that much anyway so my opinion is pretty biased. The active careers here though look like they could be a whole lot of fun, especially the detective career. What does everyone else think of this first expansion? Are you looking forward to it, are you disappointed?

(I just copied most of this post from what I said on the GoS forums to get the discussion rolling here as well, I hope that's ok!)

EDIT: Here's the official English trailer!
Last edited by DionysusDreams on February 5th, 2015, 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
nicholaplaysthesims
Steam ID: alpha_ddeathclaw
Origin ID: laaputa
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: First expansion trailer released - On The Job/Get to Wor

Post by nicholaplaysthesims »

I can't wait! It looks very interesting and I personally enjoyed the careers in TS3 so it'll be nice to see a TS4 version too :D
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

It's a half open for business and half ambitions. You can own a cafe or book store. I liked ambitions so I am happy. The games careers needed to be made more diverse. Photography might see the return of portraits. I think you take a photo of anything then put it on the wall. Family photo perhaps? Also maybe aliens are back with the inventing skill I heard. Baking also looks fun yummy cup cakes! The free patch gave family trees back into the game so if EA continues like this Sims 4 is slowly building up and coming into its own since launch.
DionysusDreams

Post by DionysusDreams »

You can own pretty much any kind of store you want, much the same as OFB. I know a lot of people have been asking to be able to use photos in-game as pictures to hang on the walls and things, so I'm hoping you'll be able to do that like you could in TS2 (I think you could in TS3 as well?). Aliens are definitely back, it was confirmed in the announcement. Baking is awesome to see as well! Did that come with OFB or Freetime in TS2? I think it was freetime, and it was a lot of fun.

Yes, the free patch was wonderful as well! So, so good to see family trees back and that they really are listening to what we want. I know it was probably planned from the beginning and they just didn't have time to implement it before release, but still, it's good to see they're continuing to improve on things. All the valentine's content was nice too.
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Bit of a mixed opinion on this for me, not exactly the first EP i would have hoped for. Although there is a desperate need for more careers in the game, its not something i desperateley needed.

Im definitley excited for an 'open for business' aspect to the game, its something i enjoyed! So im excited and happy for that aspect of the EP.
However, i found that i didnt really play the ambitions careers too much as it took up too much time away from the main household for me, so didnt end up playing them much during legacies etc. However, i may enjoy these interactive careers more with this game so who knows!
DionysusDreams

Post by DionysusDreams »

Abby, that's the exact same with me. I just said a couple of days ago that I hope the first EP isn't active careers because I'm not really interested in them and then it happens! Haha. But after watching the trailer and seeing the OFB elements coming into it, the detective career I'm particularly interested in, seeing babies being born in hospitals etc I'm extremely excited for this EP and I can't wait.

Seeing the OFB related elements coming back is making me really want to boot up my TS2 BaCC and play some of that because whilst I found it fun running my own business I never really got that far with it. Starting my BaCC and running the businesses there was the furthest I ever got and I'm craving going back to it now!
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

If it's anything like OFB, I might just buy it immediately :shifty:

I'm a little iffy on the active careers as well. The firefighting and detective careers in TS3 were a little extra for me, but I'm also a little iffy on TS3 in general. :shifty: Maybe with TS4 it will be better. I'm with you, DionysusDreams, on the BaCC note! I want to start one up again, now :P
hello! :heartbeat:
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

I saw something on the Sims 4 facebook page in the title of the video that mentioned aliens?

Are we getting aliens?!?!
DionysusDreams

Post by DionysusDreams »

Yep, Abby, we're getting aliens. They said they'll look like normal sims and you'll have to figure out who's an alien and who isn't. I was a little disappointed with that but I mean, it's the sims, if we want to make aliens that stand out, I'm 100% certain that will be possible so I'm not too worried about. Oh, they also said something about aliens glowing too!

It looks like the official release date is March 31st (or April 2nd for us EU folks), which is only a month and a half away, I'm so so excited!
Bokavoy

Post Counts

Post by Bokavoy »

DionysusDreams wrote:Yep, Abby, we're getting aliens. They said they'll look like normal sims and you'll have to figure out who's an alien and who isn't. I was a little disappointed with that but I mean, it's the sims, if we want to make aliens that stand out, I'm 100% certain that will be possible so I'm not too worried about. Oh, they also said something about aliens glowing too!

It looks like the official release date is March 31st (or April 2nd for us EU folks), which is only a month and a half away, I'm so so excited!
I had no idea that aliens where coming back! That's cool!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

I didn't really get into the careers in Ambitions, but I did occasionally play businesses in TS2...I'm kind of intrigued, but not overall, it wasn't what I was looking for in an expansion.

Although aliens... :hmm: I've always really liked playing with the 'supernatural' sims :alien:
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Not long untill this is released now! Im pretty excited for it, as ive gotten pretty bored playing my legacy right now. Need something new to spice it up! Haha
Blaqhawk

Post by Blaqhawk »

Considering the price, I'm very pleased by the trailer, Inventions, circa sims 3, businesses.... what this may imply is a massive amount of map space opening up because while home businesses will be one portion of this, there is going to have to be more open space or more lots that people could build stuff. While I'm admittedly reading alot into this, I'm looking at it in a logical progression standpoint.

Granted, I am disappointed by the origin pre order price, but as it looks tenatively like we'll get a buffet array of stuff this time around, it doesn't look like say one of the last Sims 3 expacks did.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

I've been watching some of the gameplay previews and can't say that I'm not excited a little now. Only a week more for Aus now!

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”