Log-in issues

Is it broken or could it be better? Post any suggestions for the forum here :)
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Log-in issues

Post by Radiochocolate »

When I try logging in on my phone without using anonymouse (like now), I am told by the site that my login was successful but as soon as the page redirect goes through or if I click on for example the User Control Panel, I get logged out (no log-out message, just unauthorized and a prompt to log in). Nevertheless my name is shown as one of the active members.

I've tried this both with Google auto-fill and without, but neither seem to work. It's the same phone I've had these last three or so years. Since I stay logged in when I use anonymouse, it might suggest that the problem is with my location (I'm on a mobile data connection in Finland right now). I won't have access to wi-fi or another device for at least another day, so I can't say yet if the issue only arises here and now. I'll be returning to Sweden late on Monday.

If anyone is experiencing the same problem right now, try using anonymouse.org. Just follow the instructions (nevermind that V.I.P. stuff, just click on the "Continue to free"), then alert us if you're able to post again.
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Re: Log-in issues

Post by Radiochocolate »

Incognito mode on my phone (Google Chrome) seems to work, suggesting that the fault might be with my cookies. Will update after I've wiped some data.

Edit: nope, still doesn't work on regular mode :shiftyeyes:
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Final update: I am now back home in Sweden. I still can't maintain log-in status on my phone even with Wi-Fi, however I can log in just fine using Google Chrome on a computer. Wiping all local data about the website fixes nothing.

I'm fine with using incognito mode for now but I'd really like for my history to be saved when I use the site.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I don't know anything about what this means. I don't think it is anything the forum is doing - none of the settings have changed. Not sure if there is anything I can do to help, unfortunately.

We still allow persistent logins and don't have them set to expire.
The browser has to be validated each session but it has always been set to do that.
I don't know what else to check - we haven't made any spammer related changes that would be causing the issue.

If you have any other ideas, I will check - but nothing has changed in the settings, so I don't know what could be causing trouble.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

For now it seems to be working past the page refresh and further if I pick "log me on automatically each visit", but not if I log in without ticking it :o

It might be that my browser is outdated, who knows. Will instigate further, but now that I can get it to work with perma-login the issue is sort of resolved. Thanks for looking into it, Teresa!
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts