Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Christmas 2017 - GENERAL CHAT

Post by itsjulie »

:christmas: Christmas 2017 - General Chat Thread :christmas:
Get into the Christmas spirit
Use this thread to chat about this years Christmas events and activities
or your plans for this wonderful time of the year.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Participating in at least 3 events will earn you a Christmas 2017 medal. Image
PM a Moderator or Global Moderator with links to your three posts to claim it!
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Christmas 2017 - GENERAL CHAT

Post by Ani-Mei »

Christmas events are here! Some of you were asking if there were going to be any and here they are!
candiedgala
Origin ID: ciaramei

Post Counts

Post by candiedgala »

My parents visit at Christmas. This year we're having Mexican food on Christmas Eve and I cook turkey on Christmas Day.

We've been going to a new church and it's our first Christmas there, so that will be fun. With my parents in town to babysit my husband and I can go together. That pretty much never happens. We'll probably go our for sushi before the service.

We're celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary on Boxing Day.

Happy Holidays Everyone!
somebodysangel
Steam ID: somebodysangel
Origin ID: somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Post by somebodysangel »

It's going to be a quiet Christmas this year; one sister is living in London and won't be home, the other sister is spending all Christmas with her boyfriend's family (they usually do morning with us and dinner with them). And one cousin will be in New Zealand. So it will just be me and my parents + grandparents + one cousin. That's about all the plans we have at the moment, still working on the food list and location!
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
ABCs of Genetics ~ Minos Apocalypse ~ Young BISBI
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

For the first time in so many years I'm not working meaning two things: I won't be worrying about work on Boxing Day / be tired from work Christmas Eve but secondly, I don't have as much money to buy gifts (not that people mind) so I'm excited for two Christmas filled days.

My tradition is to have two Christmas dinners - we go to my families lunch and later in the evening go to my boyfriends for dinner. It's so gluttonous.

Happy holidays Boolprop :hug:

EDIT: Also, looking around I think the Christmas Picture, Quote, Lyric needs information on that page as to what it's about (presuming it's the same as the Halloween event, though I did just have to search for that)
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

:shifty: Thanks for pointing that out
We make the event threads a few weeks in advance most of the time and tooootally forgot about that haha

Also guys remind me to put the submissions to a vote :lol:
call me Thai!
they/them
snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Origin ID: Rindoodle

Post Counts

Post by snazzle »

Our family has some fun little traditions.

1. Christmas morning is always just us - me, the hubby, the kids. We may visit other family later that day or invite them to ours, but I want the chance to be all leisurely enjoying the Christmas magic that morning (because I know at least at my family's, it's anything but leisurely/stress-free. LOL My in-laws is actually much better...but they live 9 hrs away)

2. Each of us has a special symbol for the holidays - for me it's angels, for my husband it's snowmen, my oldest has penguins, my middle one has polar bears, and the youngest has reindeer/moose (we let those lines blur LOL). Every year, we each get a new ornament with our figure. This means the boys know which ones are their ornaments just at a glance, and they get to hang their own. Whenever they move out (*sobs way in advance*), they'll get to take their collection with them so that they've got a little head start on things for their own tree. My grandma started this for me when I was tiny, and I loved it so much. :) My kids have embraced it too, and tend to love little extras (jammies, tees, stuffed animals, etc) that have their animal on it as well. I've even made the present tags have their animal before, to help the non-readers find their gifts when they were littler.

3. New jammies every Christmas Eve. I'll be honest, this one's as much for me as for them. Giving them new pajamas to open that night ensures that they won't be coming to the tree the next morning in holey sweatpants or something, so my Christmas morning pictures look nice. LOL

4. Another Christmas Eve tradition - Christmas Eve pizza. *hehe* Everyone else may be all about fancy meals on the holidays, but pizza will always be the thing I'm most excited for.

This year our plans aren't too fancy. Sticking around town and doing normal stuff (pizza, Christmas Eve service, jammies, Christmas morning at our house, probably see my family the next day), and then we do get to head up to see my in-laws for several days which we're excited about.
somebodysangel
Steam ID: somebodysangel
Origin ID: somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Post by somebodysangel »

I love your traditions, snazzle! Especially the symbol one, that's such a sweet one, setting up the kids for their own lives. Something I'd like to implement with my own kids (when I have them, that is!)
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
ABCs of Genetics ~ Minos Apocalypse ~ Young BISBI
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]
heatherfeather

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by heatherfeather »

cynicalbadger wrote: EDIT: Also, looking around I think the Christmas Picture, Quote, Lyric needs information on that page as to what it's about (presuming it's the same as the Halloween event, though I did just have to search for that)
I was kind of wondering about that. Is it supposed to be just original stuff, or could we, for example, post a picture from our favorite Christmas movie? Or the lyrics to a favorite carol?
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

It is supposed to be original stuff, you write a short story based on the prompt from the picture, quote or lyric. It was a writing event we did a lot on Boolprop 1.0. Thai fixed the rules I think. A short story should be about 1000 words.
heatherfeather

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by heatherfeather »

Ohhh, so it's directly inspired by the picture/quote/lyric. I get it now!
Bexx87
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Bexx87 »

i dont know what I will be doing this xmas
HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY SIMAPOPULASf
I am back from the underground of MH
Proud owner of
Custom Blog Website: http://www.simapopulas.co.uk