Wave Your Flag

Official forum events!

Re: Wave Your Flag

Postby Echoweaver » February 11th, 2016, 9:23 am

This is such an awesome thread. I'm almost done reading it, and I'm learning so much. The flag medal is a wonderful idea I'd never have thought of.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Waypoint: Nothing Is Free
Echoweaver
House of Llama
House of Llama

Medals: 5
Bronze Writing Award 2016 (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) USA - Indiana (1)

Postby Cororon » February 11th, 2016, 9:51 am

The Swedish flag!

I'm of viking descent, but I don't wear a viking helmet. Not sure if females wore them anyway. :tongue:

IKEA is swedish, founded by Ingvar Kamprad long ago, and there's an IKEA SP for Sims 2!

H&M, Hennes & Mauritz is swedish too, and another SP for Sims 2! :uhoh:

I have relatives in the USA, since many swedes moved to USA more than 100 years ago, most settled in Minnesota.

King Gustaf II Adolf (Gustavus Adolphus the Great) from Sweden helped finishing the 30 years war, and made Sweden a great power.

Sweden has not been in a war for over 200 years, and we were neutral during both world wars.

I'm interested in swedish history, and also in other countries, cultures and their animals, and love to read and watch videos about them.
Cororon
Old Simpleton
Staff Moderator

Medals: 13
Golden Plumbob (1) Special Egg (1) 2017 Egg Hunt (1) 2016 Easter Events (1) Halloween 2016 (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) Artwork (1)
Teresa's Troll (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Drinks on the House (1) Sweden (1)

Postby itsjulie » February 29th, 2016, 9:12 pm

The UK Flag!

I was born and have always lived in England.
I originally come from the West Midland which they call the 'black country' and has the worst accent in England I think.
I now live in Manchester in the north of the country - which I now call home, even though up north it NEVER stops raining!!
Manchester is famous for a lot of things - but most people know it because it also the home of the best football team on the planet :wink: Manchester United
itsjulie
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Medals: 22
Golden Plumbob (1) Special Egg (1) Queen Bee Challenge (1) 100 Baby Challenge (1) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Gold Writing Award 2017 (1) 2016 Holiday Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1)
2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) Palmer Says ... (1) Scavenger Hunt (1) Pass the Parcel (1) Pin the Plumbob (1) Happy Birthday (1) Artwork (1) Teresa's Troll (1) The itsjulie Busy Beaver Medal (1)
Watermelon Bliss (1) Drinks on the House (1) Singing in the Rain (1) United Kingdom (1)

Postby Pengy » March 6th, 2016, 1:20 pm

The English Flag

I was born & raised within the East Midlands, born in the same town as Margaret Thatcher didn't ya know? ;)
The East Midlands is home to the county of Nottinghamshire which is famous for the one & only legond "Robin Hood"
I am proud to live not that far from the Forest & I can tell you it's a wonderful forest, the major oak it's incredable!
It's getting on in its old years it has a few supports to keep it togther, that tree is the landmark of my people! :D

My family have came from all over the United Kingdom & France, Yup i'm British plus from digging up some family history I am ¼ French.
Oh, a guy from The Wanted, he's from my town :P

Allow me to play to you the song of my people.. 8-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbyYr6L5xQM

:D
Pengy
The Bringer Of Magic & Rainbows

Medals: 1
England (1)

Postby Jesslb429 » March 6th, 2016, 2:24 pm

Pennsylvania, please.

I have lived my entire life in Pennsylvania. While I am not the proudest resident, it is where my heart and home is. 85% of my family is here and most of my memories. Even my heritage is Pennsylvania Dutch. I currently live a mile from the Appalachian trail and it has spoiled me. I can't live anywhere without mountains and hills. It can be sweltering hot in the summer and bitter cold in the winter, but it has made my standards high. My life is in Pennsylvania, for better or for worse.
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
Medals: 26
Golden Plumbob (1) Boolprop Wacky Challenge (1) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) 2016 Summer Screenshot (1) Gold Writing Award 2016 (1) Gold Writing Award 2017 (1) Halloween 2016 (1)
2016 Holiday Events (1) 2017 Valentine Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Palmer Says ... (1) Scavenger Hunt (1) Pass the Parcel (1) Pin the Plumbob (1)
Great Migration of 2014 (1) Little Ball of Fur (1) Moustache Love (1) Goldfish are Tasty (1) A Field of Red Poppies (1) Shooting Star (1) Hey Cupcake (1) USA - Pennsylvania (1)

Postby KatieCat » March 10th, 2016, 9:00 pm

America please! Although I currently reside in Texas, and I'll probably stay for a while, I'd love to live in other states! I've always thought of moving up north whenever I get the chance, especially in the Washington/Oregon area. However, I'll probably just live where eve the job takes me. :) Honestly, I wouldn't mind living anywhere in the U.S. It's not like Europe where you get completely different cultures just three hours away, but the slight difference in people is astounding! Because even the slightest difference in up bring makes for such different lives.
Oh, Baby! A WYDC
Thanks Nicola for the set!
KatieCat
House of Woohoo
House of Woohoo

Medals: 3
Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) 2016 Easter Events (1) United States (1)

Postby rubysapphire » March 11th, 2016, 1:38 am

I would like a medal for California, please!
I was born and raised here.
I feel that California has some of the most gorgeous destinations despite pollution.
It is a culturally diverse state.
I cannot picture living anywhere else although i'd love to travel.
The Chronicles of Lilith Anthel (FFXIV)

https://sarastesims.tk/

If you like sim stories that combine challenges with celebrities and Final Fantasy references sprinkled throughout, than this is the story for you-even if you don't. Special thanks to all the simmers who uploaded your creations on Origin! A few sims and buildings are my creations.
rubysapphire
House of Smustle
House of Smustle

Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) USA - California (1)

Postby Laura » March 11th, 2016, 3:04 pm

I would like a flag for the state of Idaho please!
I think I'm the first :)
Although, the winters are harsh, the summers are always so pleasant.
It's a quick 15-minute drive and I'm in the mountains.

Spoiler:

A Gray Legacy - A Sims 3 LTW Legacy (COMPLETE) // Population 2 - A Sims 3 Zombie Aftermath Challenge (Stage 1)

A Very Evil Alphabetcy - A Sims 4 Alphabet Legacy (Gen I - Graveyard) // The Wonder Child Project - A Sims 4 Challenge (COMPLETE)
Laura
Spellbound
House of Motherlode

Medals: 10
Sims 3 Legacy (1) Boolprop Wacky Challenge (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) 2014 Screenshot Event (1) 2016 Easter Events (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) The Legend of (1) I Scream for Ice Cream (1)
USA - Idaho (1)

Postby Teresa » March 11th, 2016, 8:15 pm

Flags should be awarded to here. :thup:
Active Sims 4 Legacy | Tribbles: A Legacy

Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007 | All of my Completed Stories

Teresa
Property of Boolprop
Site Admin

Medals: 29
Golden Plumbob (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Sims 2 Legacy (1) Sims 3 Legacy (1) Boolprop Wacky Challenge (1) Alphabet Legacy (1) Differences in the Family Tree (1) Who's Your Daddy? (1) Completed a Challenge! (1)
Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) 2014 Screenshot Event (1) Bronze Writing Award 2016 (1) Halloween Candy (1) Halloween Zombie (1) Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1) 2015 Christmas Gift Exchange (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1)
2016 Easter Events (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 2015 Birthday Party Hat (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Happy Birthday (1) Secret (1) Serious Admin Award (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Little Ball of Fur (1)
Drinks on the House (1) USA - Texas (1)

Postby Ellenyarai » March 11th, 2016, 8:57 pm

Arkansas, U.S.! (The 'Natural' State)

I don't know if we are considered the deep south, but since I've heard people from all over ask me about my 'relations' with my cousins I'm going to assume yes. All of my grandparents were immigrants from other countries. Germany, Spain, Italy, and England. However, since I've never been to those countries myself I won't claim the flag. What to say about Arkansas? I was born in Hot Springs and have lived here ever since. If that city sounds familiar, it's because president Bill Clinton went to high school here (yes I went and graduated at his Alma Mater). I love it. And when you wake up early in the morning to drive through the lazy green hills to get to work, it's easy to imagine you live in the Shire.

So I'll just drink my sweet tea, prepare for a hot and humid summer, and enjoy home.
Ellenyarai
House of Smustle
House of Smustle

Medals: 6
2016 Valentine Events (1) 2016 Easter Events (1) Halloween 2016 (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Happy Birthday (1) USA - Arkansas (1)

Postby skilynn » March 12th, 2016, 12:16 am

Arizona! :hearts:

I don't currently live in Arizona, but I grew up there, and if education and work permits, I want to move back there someday. Arizona is known for its scorching hot temperatures, which makes it hell for some people, but I love it. There's a picture of me and my sister on Christmas Eve as kids where we were out at the park wearing shorts! Some people think deserts are ugly, but I find Arizona to be beautiful with all the cacti and desert plants. Swimming and pool parties were a staple of my childhood. I even did a bit of it competitively. The public library system in my county was great. I always enjoyed going there every week or so as a kid. I actually work at a library now. It is very very small, but I hope I can be a part of making it as great as that one was.

I know I'm viewing all of this through nostalgia goggles so there are bad things I'm probably not remembering, but the winters there are not cold, dark, and depressing, which is good enough for me!
skilynn
Actually, that's a step-ladder.

Medals: 4
2015 Holiday Events (1) 2016 Easter Events (1) Happy Birthday (1) USA - Arizona (1)

Postby Pengy » March 12th, 2016, 11:51 am

Awesome! Thank you! :D
Looks snazzy 8-)
Pengy
The Bringer Of Magic & Rainbows

Medals: 1
England (1)

Postby MichelleCYoung » March 15th, 2016, 6:46 am

Siem wrote:Image
We even have a second language which is only spoken in one small northern part of the country.

Do you mean Friesland? Wow, that place is gorgeous! Also, Freisian is the closest modern language to Old English. "In het libensconcert, krijt nimmen en programme."

I'm torn on which flag to fly. I'm American, and live in Texas, and I also lived in Holland in my formative years, and loved it there. OK, rolling the dice.

Solidarity for under-represented Netherlands, it is. I'm not a citizen, but I lived there for 18 glorious months, and it was amazing. The people were so very friendly, and welcomed us right off. The land is beautiful! The culture is terrific. I mean, where else would you find a statue of a cow, labeled, "Us Mem"? Right in the middle of town. I was particularly fond of the leaning tower of Leeuwarden, and the amazing grass they had there. I've never seen any other grass quite that shade before or since. Also, I love the bicycle culture there, and really wish that we could get bicycle paths all over town, so it would actually be SAFE to ride a bike around, instead of the risky business it is here in America. Good for the pocketbook, the environment, and our bodies! And finally, that is where I learned the secret to good chicken soup: celery. It's not soup without the groene fleckjes. Please forgive my spelling. I haven't spoken Dutch in decades and spell-check is annoying.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
Alphabetepic Apocalypse updated 4-1-16 - Adventure Complete
Parker Trailer Park Challenge updated Mar 27, 2017
Youngdale Build a Royal Queendom Challenge updated Sep 25, 2017
The NeenerNanner Apocalypse - October 31, 2016 A New Hope Apocalypse - October 9, 2016 - hiatus until I upgrade my computer
Simself version 1 Simself version 2
MichelleCYoung
House of Llama
House of Llama

Medals: 13
Golden Plumbob (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Apocalypse Challenge (2) Completed a Challenge! (1) Gold Writing Award 2016 (1) Gold Writing Award 2017 (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) Happy Birthday (1) Teresa's Troll (1)
Great Migration of 2014 (1) Watermelon Bliss (1) Netherlands (1)

Postby Patricia » March 24th, 2016, 3:01 am

I would like the Tennessee state flag, please.

Although i was born in Georgia, I have lived in Middle Tennessee for most of my life. I think I was only 1 or 2 when we moved here, so that makes this my home. I don't really see myself moving out of state, either. I'm much too invested in my church to even leave the county, lol.

On a bit of a side-note, I recently found out that I personally know Patsy Cline's grandchildren, and, by extension,her great-grandchildren as well. Which is kinda cool, at least in my book.
Patricia

Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) USA - Tennessee (1)

Postby RavenAngel888 » March 24th, 2016, 12:15 pm

Let me be the first to wave the Rainbow Nation flag! South Africa over here.

What can I say? Born and raised in one of the friendliest, most beautiful, and unfortunately most racist, nations in the world... We gave segregation a new name (Apartheid) and shall forever more be remembered for that, if nothing else... But, there is more to the country than that... We have a unique biome that is found nowhere else in the world, Fynbos, it is beautiful, and stark, and the flowers are like nothing else out there (totally unbiased of course). The people are welcoming and we love a good party (jol), barbeque (braai) and of course RUGBY! We embrace our multi-culturalism (at least those of us not stuck in the past). We have also given birth to some of the greatest freedom fighters ever: Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu to name but two... When our people protest they do so by dancing (toi-toi) and I am choosing to ignore the destructive members with that lol I am not blind to our faults, but neither am I blind to our potential and the beauty that exists all around, plus we arre home to ALL of the Big Five animals!

Ok, guess I'm done now lol hope this was ok?
You HAVE to read this!
The story of the Whitelight's
RavenAngel888
Moon Duchess
House of Plumbob

Medals: 8
Story of the Month (1) Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) 2016 Holiday Events (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Bubbles! (1) South Africa (1)

Postby Chels » March 28th, 2016, 1:17 am

Image I'm from the USA in a state called Utah. We have the beautiful rocky mountains and the great salt lake. We also have Zions National Park and the sandstone arches. We are known for our snow during the winter. We are called "The Beehive" State :pan: Anywho it's awesome..I hope to travel the world one day. :)
Chels
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Medals: 6
2016 Easter Events (1) 2016 Holiday Events (1) 2017 Valentine Events (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) The Legend of (1) USA - Utah (1)

Postby MeadowThayerr » March 30th, 2016, 8:03 pm

Florida State Flag

This was a very tough choice for me, as most people have also stated, I was torn between choosing the flag of the state where I was born (Ohio) and the state where I currently live (Florida.) In the end, I decided to choose the Florida flag, even though I prefer the look of Ohio's flag, because at this point in my life, I've lived here longer and I've made more memories here. I've lived here for almost 14 years now, and I met my husband here and we were married here. So while in my heart, Ohio will always be important to me, Florida is home now. (But if you ever decide to let us have two flags, I'd love to have the Ohio one too ;) )

Hello there, I'm Haleigh!
It's MeadowThayerr with 2 Rs because someone beat me to the normal way.

Sims 4
Once Upon a Thyme ✓ | The Hayden Legacy | The Montgomery Legacy

Sims 2
The Swift Legacy | The Voss Legacy | Pardon the Pregnancies | Queen Bee Challenge
MeadowThayerr
The REAL MeadowThayer
House of Plumbob

Medals: 8
Golden Plumbob (1) Sims 4 Legacy (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) 2016 Easter Events (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) USA - Florida (1)

Postby Jenn » April 5th, 2016, 6:06 am

I'm another who had trouble, but my heart will always be in California, where I lived for the first 28 years of my life. I miss the ocean, the desert and the mountains. I have only been back once 15 years, but it will always be home. Two of my three kids were born there and at least one of them still calls it home too.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Medals: 25
Golden Plumbob (1) Boolprop EPIC Challenge (1) I'm Surrounded by Idiots (1) Queen Bee Challenge (1) Who's Your Daddy? (1) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) 2017 Egg Hunt (1) 2017 Golden Egg (1)
Silver Writing Award 2016 (1) Gold Writing Award 2017 (1) Halloween 2016 (1) 2016 Holiday Events (1) 2017 Valentine Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1)
12th Birthday Event (1) Palmer Says ... (1) Scavenger Hunt (1) Pass the Parcel (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) USA - California (1)

Postby PrinceSarah » April 5th, 2016, 6:27 am

UK please!

I'm from a tiny seaside area in the north west that's famous for witch trials and being on the cover of a certain "best of" rock album back in 2000. While I constantly complain about my country, I guess I do kind of love it really. I'm not sure where else I would live if I decided to move elsewhere, and I guess our famous rain isn't TOO bad. I mean, it could be tornadoes?
PrinceSarah
HRH The Queen of England
House of Smustle

Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) United Kingdom (1)

Postby ChokolateBanana » April 5th, 2016, 6:54 am

The Lithuanian flag!! :D
It's a small Baltic country that not many remember, and if they do, then it's mostly because of our basketball team :sarcastic:
I really love My country, it's very beautiful and foresty in here ^u^
Also, looking at other people's choices in flags, I'm probably the only person from Lithuania :bounce:
It would be nice to subtly let people know about where I'm from :3

Pssst, it has plantsims!
ChokolateBanana

Happy Birthday (1) Teresa's Troll (1) Lithuania (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Events