Wave Your Flag

Official forum events!

Re: Wave Your Flag

Postby Teresa » December 6th, 2015, 1:58 pm

Medals awarded through here
Active Sims 4 Legacy | Tribbles: A Legacy

Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007 | All of my Completed Stories

Teresa
Property of Boolprop
Site Admin

Medals: 29
Golden Plumbob (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Sims 2 Legacy (1) Sims 3 Legacy (1) Boolprop Wacky Challenge (1) Alphabet Legacy (1) Differences in the Family Tree (1) Who's Your Daddy? (1) Completed a Challenge! (1)
Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) 2014 Screenshot Event (1) Bronze Writing Award 2016 (1) Halloween Candy (1) Halloween Zombie (1) Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1) 2015 Christmas Gift Exchange (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1)
2016 Easter Events (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 2015 Birthday Party Hat (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Happy Birthday (1) Secret (1) Serious Admin Award (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Little Ball of Fur (1)
Drinks on the House (1) USA - Texas (1)

Postby Abby » December 7th, 2015, 11:09 am

Even though I'm from the UK... I would like to claim the Texas, USA flag.

I have spent two summers, and visited various times working and visiting here. I count it as my second home, and truely believe it is the best place in the world! Nothing beats Texas, the people and atmosphere are amazing, and I love the whole southern culture down there. I have tons of friends there, and would move there in a heartbeat. GO TEXAS!!!

THE NETFLIXIN' LEGACY
Updated 29th August '16
Abby
Gnomelover97
Global Moderator

Medals: 15
Golden Plumbob (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Sims 4 Legacy (1) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Boolprop NTM 10 Participant (1) Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) 2016 Summer Screenshot (1) Silver Writing Award 2016 (1)
2016 Easter Events (1) Halloween 2016 (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) USA - Texas (1)

Postby Mauricette » December 7th, 2015, 5:15 pm

The Alaskan flag!

I was born here and lived here all my life and I can't imagine living anywhere else. Even though I get grief about Palin and how I supposedly can see Russia from My backyard and ride polar bears to school. I've visited other places. Those places had slugs and snakes and it got dark out during the summer. So. Weird.
Mauricette
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Medals: 19
Golden Plumbob (1) Sims 2 Legacy (1) Boolprop Wacky Challenge (1) Apocalypse Challenge (1) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2015 Christmas Gift Exchange (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1)
2016 Easter Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Happy Birthday (1) The Legend of (1) Drinks on the House (1) Singing in the Rain (1) Bolt of Lightning (1)
USA - Alaska (1)

Postby Keika » December 8th, 2015, 2:47 am

The USA flag!

I'm currently living far away from home, on the other side of the world in fact. But still, the USA is home. Maybe it's the culture shock setting in, but the longer I spend away, the more I realize just how much I love my country. The people, the food, the culture, the insulated buildings, everything. Home. The US is awesome.
Keika
Queen of the Fireflies
House of Motherlode

Medals: 18
Tip-Top-Topic (1) Golden Plumbob (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Sims 2 Legacy (1) Who's Your Daddy? (1) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) 2014 Screenshot Event (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1)
2015 Christmas Gift Exchange (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) Happy Birthday (1) Artwork (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) I Supported Boolprop! (1) The Legend of (1) United States (1)

Postby Ally » December 10th, 2015, 5:10 am

I am loving reading what everyone has written :D

I am choosing the UK flag! I am from a place right in the centre of England, that I love to call my home. The UK has a lot to offer, and there are so many beautiful and interesting places to visit here (I sound like I'm writing a travel brochure... :lol: ), and I love living here! We're definitely not perfect, as other people have said, but it's an amazing place to be.
Check out my Rainbowcy Here
• Updated 12th August 2014 •
Ally
Wait, what?
Site Admin

Medals: 9
2014 Screenshot Event (1) 2014 Housewarming Gift Xchange (1) Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Watermelon Bliss (1) United Kingdom (1)

Postby Radiochocolate » December 11th, 2015, 2:44 pm

I can't bear to choose between the Swedish and the Finnish flag, because both are oh so important to me. I was brought up in Sweden by parents from Finland, so my cultural background is a mix to say the least. Thus, I pick the Jolly Roger! I can't really recall a time and place where pirates haven't been attractive to me (though I am aware that the general picture is very romanticised).

The Jolly Roger was used by pirates not only as means of identification (most captains had their own signature flag), but also as a warning to the enemy ship. If they refused to surrender the pirates would raise a red flag, indicating that no hostages would be taken (no mercy would be shown).
Delightfully occupied with matters outside this forum. Stories are on indefinite hiatus.
Will occasionally lurk, but is best caught using PM (goes straight to my e-mail).
Iron Values TPC Oh Lorde! QBC Sim Scrabble NGC
Simself 20/20/20 rule
Custom startup screen messages
Radiochocolate
House of Llama
House of Llama

Medals: 18
Golden Plumbob (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Story of the Month (1) 2016 Summer Screenshot (1) 2017 Egg Hunt (1) Bronze Writing Award 2016 (1) Halloween Candy (1) Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1)
2016 Valentine Events (1) Halloween 2016 (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 2015 Birthday Party Hat (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Happy Birthday (1) Teresa's Troll (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Jolly Roger (1)

Postby WistfulRose » December 12th, 2015, 8:00 pm

The USA flag!

It's my home. I'm glad that I live in a great country where I have many choices and actually have the opportunity to complain about voting and the president. I know lots of other countries have elections and presidents and high standards of living, though, but I still love my home. And come on, we have deep fried twinkies. What isn't awesome about that?
WistfulRose
House of Llama
House of Llama

Medals: 8
Sims 2 Legacy (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Silver Writing Award 2016 (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) The Legend of (1) United States (1)

Postby GustDragon » December 13th, 2015, 7:37 pm

The USA Flag!
Because it's my home! I love the free country! I look forward to seeing more of it then where I live. I don't care for the drama of elections, but I'll agree to follow our president and congress as long as they don't go against the countries freedoms. And I agree with WistfulRose on the deep fried twinkies, although I've never had one, but want to!
GustDragon
I meant to do that!
House of Llama

Medals: 1
United States (1)

Postby shannonagins » December 14th, 2015, 10:42 am

I choose the Maryland flag!!!

Why? Well, I grew up there, along the Chesapeake Bay, fishing, crabbing, learned how to swim in the largest estuary in the whole US. Navy beat Army this past weekend, best college football game to watch. Where else can you find Old Bay chips?!? Well, everywhere now probably, but we are the original home for them. Oh, did I forget to mention it's the absolute coolest flag out there?!
Welcome to the Trailer Park!
Updated 2/26/2016
shannonagins
Chatbox Hermit

Medals: 8
Golden Plumbob (1) 2014 Housewarming Gift Xchange (1) Happy Birthday (1) Secret (1) Serious Admin Award (1) Teresa's Troll (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) USA - Maryland (1)

Postby Rflong7 » December 15th, 2015, 9:27 pm

I'm not a good writer... I love California.

I don't know... I was born there, smoked my first cigarette there, skipped school there the first time, I remember the smell of the desert and seeing the roadrunners.
California to me is everything American- Highs and lows, Beautiful Deserts and Majestic Sequoias; High mountains and Ocean Beaches.
It's somewhere I've only lived a few years but where I can always call home. :D
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Medals: 13
Boolprop Wacky Challenge (1) Apocalypse Challenge (1) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) 2016 Easter Events (1) Happy Birthday (1) Serious Admin Award (1)
Teresa's Troll (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Gary? (1) USA - California (1)

Postby DreamWeaver » December 22nd, 2015, 12:12 am

Hi

I'm from Texas and I do love it. But going to Alberta would be fun as I would love to travel and see my friends from my Chromosome 18 conferences that live in different parts of Canada. So Alberta is my choice of flag.
DreamWeaver

Medals: 14
Sims 2 Legacy (1) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) 2014 Housewarming Gift Xchange (1) Halloween Candy (1) Halloween Zombie (1) Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1)
2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Bubbles! (1) CAN - Alberta (1)

Postby Faye Silver » December 24th, 2015, 7:39 pm

I've chosen the Jolly Roger. I've lived almost my entire life in Florida, I was born in Utah, and my heart is in Illinois, so I could have just chosen the Flag for the United States but I want to be a traveler as well, though I'll always know the US to be home. Like Radiochocolate I've always had a bit of an attraction to pirates, that attraction has only grown stronger over the years. (I do know that it wasn't exactly as glamorous as Hollywood would make it out to be), though they were free men usually who chose that lifestyle over being confined to a singular country, pirates also had probably one of the most democratic methods of control on their ships which I've always been quite happy about.

This fascination will probably manifest itself into a book eventually, though eventually is definitely the keep word there.
Faye Silver
Expert on all things Harry Potter, History, and Hockey
House of Motherlode

Medals: 7
2014 Housewarming Gift Xchange (1) Halloween Candy (1) 2015 Christmas Gift Exchange (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Treasure Chest (1) Jolly Roger (1)

Postby TeeVee » December 31st, 2015, 1:04 pm

I'd love to fly my Scottish flag proudly here on Boolprop!

Scotland is such a beautiful country and I'm very proud to have been born here, and grown up here. I love visiting our beautiful capital, Edinburgh, for days out and events and to just generally be inspired by the culture, people, architecture, and atmosphere of the place. I love going for long train journeys so I can watch the rolling countryside go by and see the beautiful mountains that create such spectacular views. I've lived my entire life in one small section of Scotland but I'm hoping to one day travel right across my country so that I can learn more about its beauty and its history.
:)
_|Heather|_
Thank you everyone who voted!
TeeVee
2/101
House of Woohoo

Medals: 7
Golden Plumbob (1) Sims 3 Legacy (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Moustache Love (1) Scotland (1)

Postby Pony » December 31st, 2015, 2:42 pm

I choose to fly the Jolly Roger!

I live in Texas, but I've been fascinated by the high seas since high school. I was Captain of the pirate club, my eighteenth birthday part was pirate themed. On Boolprop 2.0 I participated in the pirate rp. My Simself's platonic companion is a pirate. Gotta love Pirate Steve. I love the romance of the pirates of the Caribbean and even though their days have past, we remember them fondly.
Thanks Thai for the siggy!
Silver Bend UD 10/18
TS2 Simself List:TS3 Simself List
Pony
Moon Queen
Staff Moderator

Medals: 20
Golden Plumbob (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) 2014 Housewarming Gift Xchange (1) Gold Writing Award 2016 (1) Gold Writing Award 2017 (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) 2016 Easter Events (1) Halloween 2016 (1)
2016 Holiday Events (1) 2017 Valentine Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) Happy Birthday (1) Teresa's Troll (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) There was one Guitar (1)
Drinks on the House (1) Jolly Roger (1)

Postby Miffers » January 4th, 2016, 12:59 am

I'm a true pirate, and as such, I fly the Jolly Roger.

Piracy literally runs in my veins. My grandfather looked into his ancestry and discovered he was a descendent of vikings, and as such, so am I. I was born and raised in the state of Maryland, and, if you've never been here, all you really have to know is that the entire state is nautically themed. I've always felt a connection to the sea, and I do truly love the nautical aesthetic. Slap an anchor design on something and I'm in love. And, of course, as I'm sure plenty of you already know, I'm fixated on pirates. I've always loved them, and I probably always will.
Miffers
Cool Pirate at Heart

Medals: 5
#1 Game (1) Halloween Zombie (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Jolly Roger (1)

Postby LostInReverie » January 7th, 2016, 4:22 pm

I'd like to fly the Illinois flag. I was born and raised in Illinois and lived here all my life. Even though Illinois has lots of problems with corrupt politicians and the second highest tax rate in the country after California, it will always be my home. Chicago is the best city in America to me. Illinois is also the third most populous state after New York and California. There are a lot of good things about IL too. It has the best of all worlds, imo. We have the third largest city in the country, but we also have a lot of beautiful forests, prairies, and farmland. We are the beating heart of the country. :D
Tawnee

Sims 4 Legacies
The Disney Legacy
Sims 3 Legacies
The Dragon Legacy
LostInReverie
Pretty in Pink

Halloween Candy (1) Halloween Zombie (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Watermelon Bliss (1) USA - Illinois (1)

Postby somebodysangel » January 11th, 2016, 4:21 am

Proud to be the first Australian to fly the flag here!

It's difficult to get to (or travel away from), being on the other side of the world to most places, but Australia is my home and my heart. Our weather is amazing, our animals are unique, and the culture is so diverse. I have one grandparent from Europe, two from South America and one born and raised here, but they are all Australian in their own way.
somebodysangel
House of Woohoo
House of Woohoo

Medals: 16
Golden Plumbob (1) Who's Your Daddy? (1) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) 2017 Egg Hunt (1) Silver Writing Award 2016 (1) Gold Writing Award 2017 (1) Halloween 2016 (1) 2016 Holiday Events (1)
2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Palmer Says ... (1) Happy Birthday (1) Goldfish are Tasty (1) Australia (1)

Postby Little White Comet » January 13th, 2016, 5:13 am

I would like to fly the United Kingdom flag!

I live in a small holiday town that doesn't even show up on the map, it nearly always raining and it's very easy to get lost (Even for someone like me that has lived there for my whole life) but it's my home.
Despite the bad things you will always get hello as you walk down the streets. The shop keepers will always ask how your day has been and even if you're waiting in line you can guarantee you're going to get into a conversation with someone and make a new friend.
Even though I can never understand why people would want to come on holiday to a place that is always wet, I always feel happy saying that I was born in England and have never left it.
Little White Comet
House of Smustle
House of Smustle

Medals: 10
Story of the Month (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) 2016 Easter Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Hey Cupcake (1)
United Kingdom (1)

Postby Gryffindork » January 22nd, 2016, 3:11 pm

I choose to fly the Australian flag, despite the fact that I was born in Canada, I live in Canada now, and I love my current hometown to bits. I spent all my teen years in Australia, and I feel like those years were hugely important in shaping who I am; every now and then, little Australianisms will pop out in my speech ("I stacked it on the stairs this morning!") that totally confuse my Canadian friends, or they'll reference something that everyone did in Canadian high school, and I won't have a clue what they're on about. Even if it alienates me from people in some ways, I like being a hybrid and I wouldn't give up my years in Perth for anything. I get to fly the Canadian flag all the time, so I'll fly the Australian one here - partly because it's cold out, and I miss getting dumped by huge waves and drinking cordial on the beach. Partly because Australia Day is coming up and I have to do something to celebrate (last year I made Pavlova!). And partly because I was in Australia when I first joined Boolprop eight years ago! :D
Image Image Image
Gryffindork
Quidditch Captain
Staff Moderator

Medals: 19
Golden Plumbob (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Boolprop NTM 10 Winner (1) Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) 2016 Summer Screenshot (1) 2017 Egg Hunt (1) Bronze Writing Award 2016 (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) 2016 Easter Events (1)
Halloween 2016 (1) 2016 Holiday Events (1) 2017 Valentine Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Little Ball of Fur (1) Bolt of Lightning (1)
Australia (1)

Postby Echoweaver » February 11th, 2016, 9:12 am

Indiana (USA): Image

I dithered between Indiana, the home I grew up in, Massachusetts, the home I chose, and USA because folks would actually know what that is when they look at it. Indiana's flag doesn't shrink to this size very well, and I'm not totally sure even every Hoosier has seen it enough to identify it.

But the truth is I'm a Hoosier. Even living in Boston, MA, my home of choice, I'm still proud to be a Hoosier. I grew up north of Indianapolis, and it's a great city with diverse architecture and cool things to do, while being small enough that you can actually get around and do a lot of those things. And you can travel half an hour from downtown and be far enough away from light pollution that you can see the stars.

I've lived in the Midwest, the Southwest, New England, Madrid, and London. I love Boston. It's my home now and hopefully forever more. But I still miss Indiana. Don't discount the heartland of my country. It has a lot of awesome stuff to share.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Waypoint: Nothing Is Free
Echoweaver
House of Llama
House of Llama

Bronze Writing Award 2016 (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) USA - Indiana (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Events