Wave Your Flag

Official forum events!

Wave Your Flag

Postby Teresa » December 5th, 2015, 9:35 am

We are excited to announce a new series of medals.

Wave Your Flag

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

This medal is an opportunity to choose to receive a flag of your choice. The flag can be any flag that you choose – the country where you were born, the country where you grew up, the country where you currently live, or the country you would claim if you could. For the US and Canadian members, the option is also available to choose from your state, province, or territory. The only limitation will be based upon which flags are available.

The flag images will come from Mazeguy’s four-page collection. There are three pages of country flags (215 countries if my math didn’t fail me) along with all 50 US states, 13 Canadian provinces and territories, and 10 random flags. We will let you choose any of these flags which will be included on your profile with the rest of your medals.

One reason we want to make this series of medals available is because of the diversity of the Boolprop members. We represent many countries around the world, and it will be interesting to see the many flags flying on our forum.

In order to receive the medal, please write 3-5 sentences about the country you select and why you want to fly that flag.

Please note that this is a one-time award, so make your choice carefully.

This challenge will remain open indefinitely. Medals will be added once a month; possibly more often if we have a high response rate.
Active Sims 4 Legacy | Tribbles: A Legacy

Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007 | All of my Completed Stories

Teresa
Property of Boolprop
Site Admin

Medals: 29
Golden Plumbob (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Sims 2 Legacy (1) Sims 3 Legacy (1) Boolprop Wacky Challenge (1) Alphabet Legacy (1) Differences in the Family Tree (1) Who's Your Daddy? (1) Completed a Challenge! (1)
Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) 2014 Screenshot Event (1) Bronze Writing Award 2016 (1) Halloween Candy (1) Halloween Zombie (1) Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1) 2015 Christmas Gift Exchange (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1)
2016 Easter Events (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 2015 Birthday Party Hat (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Happy Birthday (1) Secret (1) Serious Admin Award (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Little Ball of Fur (1)
Drinks on the House (1) USA - Texas (1)

Re: Wave Your Flag

Postby Siem » December 5th, 2015, 9:43 am

The flag from my country, The Netherlands.
It's not a big country, but I do like it.
It has so much more to offer than what most people associate it with.
Even though it is just a small country, the diversity in culture is big, from fast paced people in the cities like Amsterdam and Rotterdam, to the slower paced places below the rivers. We even have a second language which is only spoken in one small northern part of the country.
Siem
Gnomelover99
House of Woohoo

Medals: 27
The Rosanna Award (1) Boolprop Chef (1) 2016 Summer Screenshot (1) 2017 Egg Hunt (1) 2017 Golden Egg (1) Halloween Candy (1) Halloween Zombie (1) Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1)
2016 Valentine Events (1) 2016 Easter Events (1) Halloween 2016 (1) 2016 Holiday Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1)
2015 Birthday Party Hat (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) The Legend of (1) Bubbles! (1) I Scream for Ice Cream (1) Singing in the Rain (1) Netherlands (1)

Postby Rosanna » December 5th, 2015, 10:07 am

There are a few flags that could have applied to me pretty well, but hands down I would say Massachusetts. I was born here, go to school here, work here. I don't have the Boston accent but still defines me pretty dang well. I'm much more of that fast-paced/constantly stressed/ambitious/not cold but not overly warm and friendly/liberal/sarcastic New Englander than somebody from the South, Midwest, or West Coast. #masshole
Rosanna
Palmers minion
Site Admin

Medals: 38
Golden Plumbob (1) The Rosanna Award (1) Sims 2 Legacy (1) Boolprop Wacky Challenge (1) Who's Your Daddy? (1) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) Boolprop Chef (1)
2014 Screenshot Event (1) 2014 Housewarming Gift Xchange (1) 2016 Summer Screenshot (1) Halloween Candy (1) Halloween Zombie (1) Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1) 2015 Christmas Gift Exchange (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1)
2016 Easter Events (1) Halloween 2016 (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 2015 Birthday Party Hat (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Happy Birthday (1) Artwork (1) Secret (1) Teresa's Troll (1)
Great Migration of 2014 (1) I Supported Boolprop! (1) Creator's Creations (1) Watermelon Bliss (1) Drinks on the House (1) Goldfish are Tasty (1) I Scream for Ice Cream (1) A Field of Red Poppies (1) Ice Cream Float (1)
Hey Cupcake (1) USA - Massachusetts (1)

Postby Teresa » December 5th, 2015, 10:28 am

Image <<Texas

I wavered between several flags - my home (Texas), my birth country (USA), or my heritage (Ireland). In the end, Texas wins out.

Texas is not just the place where I was born, or where I live - Texas is in my blood.
While I don't live on a ranch or farm, I do live in the country.
This is a picture my daughter took of our dog watching a storm come in. The fact that you cannot see neighbors, really means there are no neighbors. They aren't just hidden by the trees.
(OK, well there is one or two houses that you would be able to see if the trees weren't there)
Spoiler:

There is a lot of truth in this list:
  • Our ninth biggest city is bigger than the state of New York’s second biggest city -- and our ninth biggest city is a suburb.
  • Don’t ask us if we’re part of the South or the Southwest - We honestly have no idea.
  • Any barbecue you consumed outside Texas was not Texas barbecue - Even if the restaurant had “Texas” or some Texas city in its name. Actually especially then.
  • We don’t care how good your regional burger chain is - We’re still going to like our regional burger chain better.
  • We didn’t ride horses to school, and we don’t all drive pickups - For some topical transportation humor, try making fun of our SUV addiction or mass transit systems.
  • We say “y’all” because it’s more pleasing to the ear than “you guys”
  • Dallas and Ft. Worth are further apart than you think - these are legitimately two different cities. Don’t be surprised when you book a hotel in one and discover you can’t walk to the other.
  • Everything’s farther apart than you think - From Texarkana (east side of Texas), it’d take you just as long to drive to Chicago as it would to drive to El Paso (west side of Texas).
  • It doesn’t matter how hot it is, we will tell you we’ve seen hotter.
  • Yes, we are lousy at driving on snow and ice - Most people are lousy at things they only do once every three years. (Note: this does not include the Panhandle, where it gets cold as hell.)
  • When we say “Don’t mess with Texas”, we really mean it - But not in the way you think -- this is a long-running anti-litter campaign that successfully reduced trash on Texas highways by 72%.
A list about Texas

Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007 | All of my Completed Stories

Teresa
Property of Boolprop
Site Admin

Golden Plumbob (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Sims 2 Legacy (1) Sims 3 Legacy (1) Boolprop Wacky Challenge (1) Alphabet Legacy (1) Differences in the Family Tree (1) Who's Your Daddy? (1) Completed a Challenge! (1)
Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) 2014 Screenshot Event (1) Bronze Writing Award 2016 (1) Halloween Candy (1) Halloween Zombie (1) Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1) 2015 Christmas Gift Exchange (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1)
2016 Easter Events (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 2015 Birthday Party Hat (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Happy Birthday (1) Secret (1) Serious Admin Award (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Little Ball of Fur (1)

Postby singinghymns » December 5th, 2015, 10:47 am

Image TEXAS

My sister, Teresa, summed up Texas pretty well, so I will just give my feelings about this great state of ours.

Texas is home. The air here feels different than in any other state, and I can't tell you why. Having traveled all over the world, I have been impressed and awed by the beauty of these other countries and the other states within the US, but there is a tangible feeling when you cross back into Texas territory. Though Irish is predominant in our history, and there is a Heinz 57 collection of other nationalities, I identify more strongly with Texas.
singinghymns
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Medals: 12
Sims 4 Legacy (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) 2016 Easter Events (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1)
Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) USA - Texas (1)

Postby nicholaplaysthesims » December 5th, 2015, 11:48 am

The United Kingdom is my home, always has been and always will. Though the nation has it's difficulties I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. My home is in the North West of England, where the weather isn't perfect but we have a lot to offer. My local town is famous for rubgy (and unfortunately football too) and also for a few lovely pastry treats (can't beat a good meat and potato pie!). I've traveled a lot, to places in this country and further afield, but nothing beats the feeling of coming home to what you know and love best. England, UK is the only place I could ever imagine living.
nicholaplaysthesims
Challenge Lover!
House of Llama

Medals: 23
Golden Plumbob (1) The Rosanna Award (1) Apocalypse Challenge (1) Who's Your Daddy? (1) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) 2014 Housewarming Gift Xchange (1) Halloween Candy (1) Halloween Zombie (1)
2015 Holiday Events (1) 2015 Christmas Gift Exchange (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) 2016 Easter Events (1) 2016 Holiday Events (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 2015 Birthday Party Hat (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Happy Birthday (1)
Artwork (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Watermelon Bliss (1) Singing in the Rain (1) United Kingdom (1)

Postby Chase » December 5th, 2015, 12:07 pm

Washington (USA): Image

While I was born in Oregon and spend a lot of time there now, I have lived in Washington since I was 5 :D
Washington is the home to Bill Gates, Boeing (although the corporate offices recently moved to IL), Microsoft, Starbucks, Costco, Amazon, Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, and the majority of America's apples, hops, and raspberries!
It's a very diverse state, demographically and ecologically! It is home to beautiful cities like Seattle, and my hometown, the capital, Olympia! There is the BEAUTIFUL Columbia Gorge; there are stunning, windy beaches; and there are impressive snow-capped mountains! I get nervous when I can't see at least two mountains from any hill! :shock: Trees! There are so many trees! Life is very green here! :sly: :plumbob:
Living in Washington means living with constant cloudiness and rain, socks and Birkenstocks being commonplace, legal marijuana :P, a diverse crew of politicians (some in the West are among the most liberal the country, while those in the East are more conservative), the constant threat of a mega-earthquake the likes of which humans have never seen before (holla @ that Juan De Fuca plate! ;) ), intense UW/WSU rivalries, some of the country's worst bottlenecks all located on I-5, driving through torrential rains with the same ease one would drive on a beautiful day, no income tax, driving across the Columbia so as not to pay sales tax :shifty:, and high gas prices! I love it all!!!
Chase
Lightning!
Global Moderator

Medals: 30
Golden Plumbob (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Apocalypse Challenge (1) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) 2014 Screenshot Event (1) 2014 Housewarming Gift Xchange (1) Halloween Candy (1) Halloween Zombie (1)
Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) 2016 Easter Events (1) Halloween 2016 (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1)
2015 Birthday Party Hat (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Pass the Parcel (1) Happy Birthday (1) Artwork (1) Serious Admin Award (1) Teresa's Troll (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1)
The Legend of (1) Drinks on the House (1) USA - Washington (1)

Postby Teresa » December 5th, 2015, 1:30 pm

Medals have been awarded to here.

I am really enjoying reading what everyone is writing.

Teresa
Property of Boolprop
Site Admin

Postby Thaitanic » December 5th, 2015, 7:15 pm

Thailand!

Whilst I was torn between where I live (England) and where I was born (Thailand), I eventually decided on Thailand. I chose Thailand because every time I visit, I feel like I am properly home - even if home is temperatures I'm not really used to and pesky mosquito bites. It was in Thailand, and with the Thai people, that I found peace in religion as a Buddhist and also in Thailand and with the Thai people that I have felt consistently welcomed. In my home village, we can drop from house to house and everyone will take you in and offer you a place at their table (or, more accurately, mat). And there is no place much more peaceful that the village in the morning, when it's just about turning into daytime and you can sit on the cool tile floors and surround yourself with old memories and good books - and given the choice between English food and Thai food I'll choose that any time. I love England as the place I live and the home of my first language, but there's something about stumbling through a conversation with my Thai family and being offered food ten minutes after your last dinner that just makes the Thai flag the flag I want to wave - and hell, it's in my name. :)
Thaitanic
oh no! an iceberg!
Global Moderator

Medals: 17
Golden Plumbob (1) Apocalypse Challenge (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) 2014 Housewarming Gift Xchange (1) 2017 Egg Hunt (1) 2017 Golden Egg (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1)
2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Happy Birthday (1) Artwork (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Thailand (1)

Postby Sam » December 5th, 2015, 8:27 pm

United Kingdom!

I've always lived in the UK - I was raised in a small seaside town on the east coast that no one has heard of. It's a bit run down, but I still love it - live by the sea was always pretty great, and I definitely miss walking along the seafront when I'm away. We're also not too far from the marshes, farmland and woodland, so there's plenty of open space and I love love love walking around it all.

I now live in London, for university, and it's a complete change. Rather than the small, open town I'm used to, I'm now boxed in. But there are some amazing things sitting right on my doorstep here - theatre, history, landmarks! I love taking the tube, and being able to navigate my way around when my friends/family come to visit. I never thought I'd have an opportunity to know central London as well as I do now.

The UK definitely has its problems, it's far from perfect, but it's home and it's wonderful and I love it.
Sam
Freakshake

Medals: 15
Golden Plumbob (1) Sims 4 Legacy (1) I'm Surrounded by Idiots (1) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Halloween Zombie (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1) 2015 Christmas Gift Exchange (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1)
2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Creator's Creations (1) Ice Cream Float (1) United Kingdom (1)

Postby Teresa » December 5th, 2015, 8:46 pm

Medals awarded to here. I am calling it a day/night.

Teresa
Property of Boolprop
Site Admin

Postby Heather » December 5th, 2015, 10:11 pm

Going with the Canadian flag, even though I could technically choose the Ontario one, just because it's not as detailed and therefore looks better scaled down. I'm all about aesthetics. Choosing it because I was born here, and will probably live here for the rest of my life, though other areas of North America are lovely, too. I like having a Canadian flag on my luggage/bag when I travel because it's fun meeting other Canadians outside of the country, and the same thing applies online.

I'm not sure what else to write; I'm not an overly patriotic person. I kind of just like the sense of familiarity I get from seeing that people live in the same area as I do, kind of like running into an old classmate on the bus.
Heather
Werewolves, not Swearwolves
Staff Moderator

Medals: 54
Golden Plumbob (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) The Rosanna Award (1) Boolprop Wacky Challenge (1) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Boolprop NTM 9 Winner (1) Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) 2016 Summer Screenshot (1)
Bronze Writing Award 2016 (1) Halloween Candy (1) Halloween Zombie (1) Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1) 2015 Christmas Gift Exchange (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) 2016 Easter Events (1) Halloween 2016 (1)
Monster Mash (1) 2016 Holiday Events (1) 2017 Valentine Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 2015 Birthday Party Hat (1)
2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Pin the Plumbob (1) Happy Birthday (1) Artwork (1) Teresa's Troll (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) I Supported Boolprop! (1) Creator's Creations (1) Little Ball of Fur (1)
There was one Guitar (1) The Legend of (1) Moustache Love (1) Drinks on the House (1) Bubbles! (1) One Eye to Rule Them All (1) I Scream for Ice Cream (1) A Field of Red Poppies (1) Treasure Chest (1)
Singing in the Rain (1) Gary? (1) Ice Cream Float (1) Bolt of Lightning (1) Shooting Star (1) Four Leaves of Clover (1) Snap, Crackle, Pop (1) Hey Cupcake (1) Canada (1)

Postby Thaitanic » December 5th, 2015, 10:29 pm

You don't know how long I've been waiting to do that. :shifty:
Medals awarded up to this point!
Thaitanic
oh no! an iceberg!
Global Moderator

Medals: 17
Golden Plumbob (1) Apocalypse Challenge (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) 2014 Housewarming Gift Xchange (1) 2017 Egg Hunt (1) 2017 Golden Egg (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1)
2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Happy Birthday (1) Artwork (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Thailand (1)

Postby Bouncer » December 5th, 2015, 10:57 pm

Image The state I call home, Minnesota!

I used to think Minnesota was boring, however a mix of what is leftover of the Big Woods and House on the Prairie (I live on the line between the two sceneries of where Laura Ingalls Wilder had grew up on in her earlier years. Next to the ever known Mayo Hospital was founded in Southern Minnesota, along with Dr. Mayo had built the home that fifty years later was the home of the Jolly Green Giant family (American green peas and large corn cobs would not have happened without their research in the Minnesota Valley).

Just with those facts, but my ancestors had seen Minnesota as a home. My German, Swedish, and Polish ancestor had found their way to the Minnesota area because of how familiar it was to their own homeland when they settled down.

All those facts may help I like cultue and a bit of history... In reality though the state is known for its Bounty Waters up North and its Spam Museum down south. Along with our growing mix of cultures in our Twin Cities!
Bouncer
Mod Apprentice
Staff Moderator

Medals: 8
Story of the Month (1) Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) Happy Birthday (1) Teresa's Troll (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) USA - Minnesota (1)

Postby Ani-Mei » December 5th, 2015, 11:53 pm

Well now where to begin?

I was born in Scarborough, Ontario, Canada although now it is part of the Mega City of Toronto that was created in 1999. I am a third generation Canadian, my mother's side is Irish, my dad's side is British and German. Although through the magic of geneology I found out that my father's family originally came from Scotland and immigrated to Ireland, oh about two or three hundred years before coming to the New World. My cousin found family records of my mother's family in Ireland dating back to the 1600's. My great-great grandparents were scheduled to come here on the Titanic in 1912 but could not afford the ticket so they took the one after it. Had they gotten on the Titanic I would not be here now. Also my family is linked to General George S. Patton (now you all know my last name keep it secret k? ;) )
Ani-Mei
A Creator of Many Talents
Staff Moderator

Medals: 42
Golden Plumbob (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) The Rosanna Award (1) Sims 2 Legacy (1) Sims 3 Legacy (1) Boolprop Wacky Challenge (1) Apocalypse Challenge (1) Who's Your Daddy? (1) Story of the Month (1)
Completed a Challenge! (1) 2014 Housewarming Gift Xchange (1) 2016 Summer Screenshot (1) 2017 Egg Hunt (1) Gold Writing Award 2016 (1) Silver Writing Award 2017 (1) Halloween Candy (1) Halloween Zombie (1) Thanksgiving Turkey (1)
2015 Holiday Events (1) 2015 Christmas Gift Exchange (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) 2016 Easter Events (1) Halloween 2016 (1) 2016 Holiday Events (1) 2017 Valentine Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1)
2017 Pumpkin Hunt (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 2015 Birthday Party Hat (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Palmer Says ... (1) Scavenger Hunt (1) Pass the Parcel (1)
Pin the Plumbob (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Treasure Chest (1) Four Leaves of Clover (1) Canada (1)

Postby Teresa » December 6th, 2015, 6:37 am

Ani-Mei wrote:Well now where to begin?

I was born in Scarborough, Ontario, Canada although now it is part of the Mega City of Toronto that was created in 1999. I am a third generation Canadian, my mother's side is Irish, my dad's side is British and German. Although through the magic of geneology I found out that my father's family originally came from Scotland and immigrated to Ireland, oh about two or three hundred years before coming to the New World. My cousin found family records of my mother's family in Ireland dating back to the 1600's. My great-great grandparents were scheduled to come here on the Titanic in 1912 but could not afford the ticket so they took the one after it. Had they gotten on the Titanic I would not be here now. Also my family is linked to General George S. Patton (now you all know my last name keep it secret k? ;) )

And the winner is...? (Which medal do you want?)

Teresa
Property of Boolprop
Site Admin

Postby Emily Whalers » December 6th, 2015, 12:17 pm

I am a proud Canadian. I love this weirdo country so very much. I could gush for days, but I'll keep this short and sweet. Hockey! Poutine! Beavers! Moose! Cultural Mosaic! Woo!
The Scatterday Matriarchy - Chapter 5.9 and 5.10 published October 31, 2016
Emily Whalers
Totally Not Three Kids On Top Of Each Other In a Trenchcoat
House of Woohoo

Medals: 21
Golden Plumbob (1) Story of the Month (1) Boolprop Chef (1) 2016 Summer Screenshot (1) Silver Writing Award 2016 (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) 2016 Easter Events (1) Halloween 2016 (1)
2016 Holiday Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Happy Birthday (1) Teresa's Troll (1)
Great Migration of 2014 (1) Little Ball of Fur (1) Canada (1)

Postby Ani-Mei » December 6th, 2015, 12:27 pm

Canadian flag since that's the one I identify with the most.
Ani-Mei
A Creator of Many Talents
Staff Moderator

Medals: 42
Golden Plumbob (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) The Rosanna Award (1) Sims 2 Legacy (1) Sims 3 Legacy (1) Boolprop Wacky Challenge (1) Apocalypse Challenge (1) Who's Your Daddy? (1) Story of the Month (1)
Completed a Challenge! (1) 2014 Housewarming Gift Xchange (1) 2016 Summer Screenshot (1) 2017 Egg Hunt (1) Gold Writing Award 2016 (1) Silver Writing Award 2017 (1) Halloween Candy (1) Halloween Zombie (1) Thanksgiving Turkey (1)
2015 Holiday Events (1) 2015 Christmas Gift Exchange (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) 2016 Easter Events (1) Halloween 2016 (1) 2016 Holiday Events (1) 2017 Valentine Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1)
2017 Pumpkin Hunt (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 2015 Birthday Party Hat (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Palmer Says ... (1) Scavenger Hunt (1) Pass the Parcel (1)
Pin the Plumbob (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Treasure Chest (1) Four Leaves of Clover (1) Canada (1)

Postby ZaleISBI » December 6th, 2015, 1:15 pm

Oregon! My home sweet home.
I've lived here nearly my whole life... aside from some college in Idaho and some foolishness in California. The Beaver state, with it's own TV show Portlandia. A coastline with unrivaled beauty, mountains, desert, rain forests and more! We have more breweries per capita than any other state, so come for the scenery and stay for the beer.
ZaleISBI
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Medals: 18
Golden Plumbob (1) Story of the Month (1) Boolprop NTM 10 Participant (1) Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) Boolprop Chef (1) 2014 Screenshot Event (1) Bronze Writing Award 2016 (1) Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1)
2016 Valentine Events (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 2015 Birthday Party Hat (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) I Supported Boolprop! (1) Gary? (1) USA - Oregon (1)

Postby candiedgala » December 6th, 2015, 1:36 pm

I'm from Canada!
I love our healthcare. I think that's the main reason that we never seriously think about moving.
I like that there are so many different cultures here. It makes for great food!
I love the freedoms that we enjoy that some other places don't, for instance, homeschooling.
I love BeaverTails. They are a popular food cart thing. It is a slab of yeasty dough about two hands big that is fried and then they put topping on it like fudgey maple icing or cinnamon apples.
I love our new Prime Minister.
candiedgala
House of Llama
House of Llama

Medals: 8
Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Scavenger Hunt (1) Pass the Parcel (1) Happy Birthday (1) Canada (1) CAN - Nova Scotia (1)

Next

Return to Events