Wave Your Flag

Official forum events!

Re: Wave Your Flag

Postby bookloverblue » March 16th, 2017, 3:39 pm

United Kingdom please!

I am British, and this is apparent in my very writing - the tool of my trade here on Boolprop. My spellings of words such as colour and favour reveal my nationality instantly. I am - as the stereotype dictates - a lover of tea, especially with milk and a biscuit on the side for dunking. I also partake in the eating of Yorkshire puddings and fish and chips whenever possible (although not together.)
bookloverblue
Simmer & Story Scribbler
House of Plumbob

Medals: 3
Golden Plumbob (1) Gold Writing Award 2017 (1) United Kingdom (1)

Postby Livvielove » March 17th, 2017, 5:18 pm

This one is difficult and yet not I suppose at the same time. I choose the Jolly Roger.

I've got a few places I considered - I was raised in Indiana, but I can no longer call that home. I moved to Chicago and I love it here, for sure, but I'm not one to just assign an Illinois flag to myself either. I'm thinking too hard about this but something about the Jolly Roger flag appeals to me.

Pirates are grossly romanticized by a lot of people (myself included) and yet I've always felt such a draw to them since I was a kid. I spent a long time studying them and watching several movies on their history. It got to a point during a very old legacy that I eventually turned into the outline for my Reapers had a generation centered around the pirates Mary Read and Edward Teach/Thatch (aka Blackbeard). I followed their histories somewhat and did a lot of research in on them. I plan to revisit the idea later on in my legacy so I feel like the Jolly Roger fits me the best.
Not to mention, since I've actively and shamelessly admitted to romanticizing pirates before - I love the idea that it could stand for freedom in my own mind.
Now all I need is a pirate emoji and I'm all set!
Livvielove
Mother Nutter
House of Plumbob

Medals: 15
Golden Plumbob (1) 2017 Egg Hunt (1) 2017 Golden Egg (1) Bronze Writing Award 2016 (1) Gold Writing Award 2017 (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Palmer Says ... (1)
Scavenger Hunt (1) Pass the Parcel (1) Pin the Plumbob (1) One Eye to Rule Them All (1) A Field of Red Poppies (1) Jolly Roger (1)
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Postby lolitagoth » April 23rd, 2017, 3:07 pm

New York State Flag please!

As a lifetime clarifyer of 'New York, no not New York City' representing the part of my state that people forget about (I mean completely forget. People that don't live here don't even know we exist) I feel obligated to represent the empire-less side of the empire state.
Image[/align]
lolitagoth
Sentient Desk Toy
House of Motherlode

Medals: 8
Golden Plumbob (1) 2017 Egg Hunt (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) Happy Birthday (1) Teresa's Troll (1) USA - New York (1)

Postby snazzle » September 7th, 2017, 1:23 pm

I'll take the U.S. flag. We, erm, have our flaws right now, but I have hope for us & it's still home. I've lived in a few different states, and would love to live in a few others, so I don't identify closely with just one state flag. The country as a whole works nicely. (I did consider the jolly roger as well, as then I could sail around to whatever country catches my fancy & eat the delicious food.. but then I realized that a foodie "road" trip does not exactly embody the piratey lifestyle. LOL)
snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Medals: 11
Gold Writing Award 2017 (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) 2017 Snowman Hunt (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Palmer Says ... (1) Pass the Parcel (1)
Pin the Plumbob (1) United States (1)
Origin ID: Rindoodle

Postby CHBlossomProduction » September 7th, 2017, 2:30 pm

The Swedish flag of course! :awesome:

Sweden is my home, and always will be. I want to travel the world, but always come back even if the country isn't in its best shape... hehe.
It holds memories and family for me; the county I grew up in and began to write in, that country I fell truly in love for the first time, forged my wonderful friendships...
Sweden is the country I will love, despite everything and even if I move to some other country, Sweden will always be in my heart.
Älskar Sverige för fan och vårt underbara språk! (Translation: Love Sweden dammit and our lovely language...) :heart:

The Insanity arise... with a bit of a crazy author of course! And don't forget your ABc's....!
The Lockwood Chronicle - The Insanity arise!
The Ragsdale Alphabetcy!
CHBlossomProduction
House of Llama
House of Llama

Medals: 7
12th Birthday Event (1) Palmer Says ... (1) Scavenger Hunt (1) Pin the Plumbob (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Sweden (1)

Postby Nevermore » September 17th, 2017, 11:19 pm

I'll take the Jolly Roger flag.
I don't want to say where I'm from. Pirates are fun and adventurous, and it would be pretty cool for my first medal to be a pirate flag. That's it, don't really have any other reasons than that.
Nevermore
Call me Nev.
House of Plumbob

Medals: 14
2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) 2017 Snowman Hunt (1) 2017 Xmas Events (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Palmer Says ... (1) Scavenger Hunt (1)
Pass the Parcel (1) Pin the Plumbob (1) Bubbles! (1) Gary? (1) Jolly Roger (1)

Postby Mpart » October 28th, 2017, 11:58 am

I will also take the Jolly Roger flag. I have always loved pirates and have never exactly felt liked I belonged where I currently live. The place is beautiful, but my political views clash with most in this area to say the least. :zip: Not that it's a bad area or anything and I'm very grateful to be living here, but arrrgggh! :fight:
Mpart
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Medals: 5
Silver Writing Award 2017 (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) Little Ball of Fur (1) Jolly Roger (1)

Postby Cororon » October 28th, 2017, 12:32 pm

Mpart's Jolly Roger flag awarded. :)
Cororon
Old Simpleton
Staff Moderator

Medals: 14
Golden Plumbob (1) Special Egg (1) 2017 Egg Hunt (1) 2016 Easter Events (1) Halloween 2016 (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) 2017 Xmas Events (1)
Artwork (1) Teresa's Troll (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Drinks on the House (1) Sweden (1)

Postby candiedgala » November 12th, 2017, 2:21 pm

I'm from Nova Scotia, Canada and I want a provincial flag. Thank you!

Nova Scotia has Cape Breton Island, a beautiful and rugged place connected to Nova Scotia by a little causeway. It's where I was born.
It's gorgeous is autumn.
Nova Scotia has Scottish tartan, date squares, butter tarts, fiddle music, and boardwalks.
candiedgala
House of Llama
House of Llama

Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Scavenger Hunt (1) Pass the Parcel (1) Happy Birthday (1) Canada (1) CAN - Nova Scotia (1)

Postby heatherfeather » November 16th, 2017, 4:39 pm

May I please have the NC state flag? I have been living in North Carolina since I was two years old and particularly in Charlotte for the past two years. What I like about this area is that it's not too far from the beach or mountains, there is lots of fun stuff to do in Charlotte, and the winters are not too bad but we still get snow about every other year (summers are HOT, though, lol). It's a pleasant place to live and most of my family is nearby. :))
heatherfeather

Medals: 3
12th Birthday Event (1) Pass the Parcel (1) US - North Carolina (1)

Postby Thaitanic » November 16th, 2017, 5:14 pm

There you go!
Call me Thai :party:
tumblr / sims challenges / simself lists / writing
Image Image
^ Just so y'all know I haven't given up with my stories yet :lol:
Thaitanic
oh no! an iceberg!
Global Moderator

Medals: 19
Golden Plumbob (1) Apocalypse Challenge (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) 2014 Housewarming Gift Xchange (1) 2017 Egg Hunt (1) 2017 Golden Egg (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1)
2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) 2017 Xmas Events (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Pin the Plumbob (1) Happy Birthday (1) Artwork (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1)
Thailand (1)
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030

Postby simsterlyrock » December 4th, 2017, 11:23 pm

I'm here to wave my flag! I'm going for the Washington state flag because I was born and raised here, went to college in state, and plan on living in Washington for the rest of my life. Although I'll be moving to the west side of the state and not staying in central Washington, I do love how Washington has such widely ranging climates in one state. Half the state is gloriously green, foggy, and rainy (where my heart is calling me to), while the other half is browner, hotter, and much drier. Washington has been and always will be my home.
Formerly carizzo08. Call me Riss or Carissa!

Simblr | Nerdy Tumblr
simsterlyrock
Future Companion of the Doctor
House of Llama

Story of the Month (1) Gold Writing Award 2017 (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Xmas Events (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Bolt of Lightning (1) USA - Washington (1)

Previous

Return to Events